Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Big questions about Car comforts no one wants to poke at.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 01:12 AM
Superstock

RedStormJ is on a distinguished road
Big questions about Car comforts no one wants to poke at.

I have mentioned here and there that I am/was the not so proud owner of the absolute worst audi I have ever had in my entire life. The car has never been trouble free and the chinese chain tensioner.... I have horrible record with these... decided the cars fate. Bent valves on the same bank... Not doing another repair for a car worth 3,000$ in top condition. The wreckers offered me a whole 250$... Yeah... Hell NO! I am stripping out the wiring harness and everything in the way of it. The seats are going to my wifes MK4 golf along whit the steering wheel and hopefully gear select. Itll be some work but should look amazing. Now the kicker. The lotus Esprit had a real crappy HVAC setup. It's manual ***** and they take more grip strength than it took me to turn my parachute in a wind storm... No kidding.

I want to put the audi control head and servos into the esprit. giving me dual zone on rotary encoders. Hopefully I will be able to control heated seats, hot and cold along with A/C.

Heres the problem. This thing is hooked into Audi's MMI. I have no clue what modules I need or what looms I need to grab. I got lucky with the flap controls but everythign else is a mistery bag. So if anyone can point me int the direction of a wiring diagram or pinouts for a 2004-2009 a6 let me know.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:09 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Wow, you are in deep huh? Like miles and miles into it.
I too had bad audi experiences and told myself never again. Then a bit of time goes by and you forget the pain.......Kinda like why women have kids again. Memory is a terrible way to get info about painful experiences.....
Just commiserating. Don't know the secret code but sounds like you'll find it.
I assume youre on the forum for that car??
Old 11-10-2017, 08:55 AM
Superstock

RedStormJ is on a distinguished road
Yeah. But they suck. Not one hit. Also on the lotus forum and a modders forum. I bet if I asked what oil to use I would have a bunch of experts!
I had nothing but luck but this engine sucks. I got the carpet dash and subframes out now just workig on the security fasteners for tye ecm and trunk wires. Home atretch then I can hook it all back up and slowly pull the wires I aint gonna use.