Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

9/11

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Back Marker

Dave Wicks is on a distinguished road
9/11

In 2002 we rode from San Diego to New York on the TORCHES ACROSS AMERICA ride..went to Memorial service on 9/11 one year after. Carried a pack of cards from our area to the fire halls..My wife and I just finished watching the movie 9/11..man I cried all over again..I think I'm turning to mush with old age..but you know what....we do need to remember the good things..the heroic things people did at that time...and allow it to still guide our lives..we rode there to honor..firemen and police that were bikers..We spent part of the day at the Hoboken Motorcycle club in Jersy City..love the accent..How ya doin!! Let's keep being good to each other...Hey Osama.. were still here..

Take Care
Dave??:
Old 02-12-2007, 07:55 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Amen. Thanks Dave.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Superstock

trinity012 is on a distinguished road
Dave, everytime I look at that movie at Blockbuster I want to rent it, but dont think I really can watch that movie because It makes me remember that DAY.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:42 AM
Back Marker

9/11

Yeah..I hear you..not wanting to open up the pain again..I remember standing at ground zero..pretty emotional...but our people did good things that day...good to think about that...

Take Care
Dave
Old 02-13-2007, 08:09 AM
El Cheapo
Back Marker

cat0020 is on a distinguished road
As an EMT who served at ground zero on 9/11, I received injuries that put me in a dibilitating state for a period of four months, I am not longer doing the same type of bicycle riding that I used to enjoy, probably never again, but I am alive and still capable of riding.

Terrorist acts are happening all around the world every single day, maybe not in the magnitude of 9/11/2001, but I believe at least hundreds die around the world every single day because of terrorist acts. Why do they happen? Is it part of human nature when humans kill each other? Are we too sheltered to think that we are the only ones who suffered due to terrorist acts?
There are many questions that I ask myself over the course of review on what happened, I don't have many answers.. and I wonder if the answers we have are all factual.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Back Marker

9/11

We may be going further than I intended, but that's okay. I'm sorry to hear of what you have gone through, the movie portrays two that got out, obviously 1000's did not. I'm sure the whole event has scarred many people for life, both physically and emotionally.. Why did they do it?? Simple answer, they did not want the U.S. to back Israel, they did not want U.S. troops in Saudia Arabia..home of Islamic holy sites.. Nothing justifies this type of violence in our western mind..Fair enough. How does a Fundamentalist Moslem living in Iran view North America.. We produce most of the worlds ****..high divorce rate...child abuse... gay men and women getting married..extreme wealth...while others starve...I'm not attacking us...but through their eyes...we do look evil.. We threaten what is good in their view.. Our consumer madness is draining the world..in their eyes.. we must be stopped... As well we represent "Christianity"...remember the Crusades..yeah we've been at each other before..This will stir the pot...you know what I think the answer is...feed the hungry..build schools and hospitals..drill water wells... How much have we spent on military ordinance??? Have we solved the problem..nope just made more martyrs..Can we kill them all...?? No.. I'm an old hippy...I'm also a Christian...I think love really is the answer..Rant over..

Dave??: