Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

5 years ago today

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 10:31 AM
SuperBike

ali_squidz is on a distinguished road
5 years ago today

I was hit by 2 hit and run drivers on the 405 freeway in santa monica. Thank you to Mike Sexton who helped me pick my motorcycle off the freeway and get it on to the shoulder. Even with him as a witness, and the license plates of both cars, they still got away with it.
Even 5 years later, I am in pain, still paying medical bills, and even going to the chiropractor for my lunch today.
I might look at the police report and get the lady who caused this accident's name, and send her a letter just telling her I am still in pain daily because of what she did. I probably wont, because I havent to this day, but it would really make me feel better to know that she was reminded of something Im sure she forgot.
Thanks to the CHP bastards, she wasnt charged. I had a witness, I had her plates, a good description of her, AND IT WAS A RENTAL CAR!! She was the only driver of the car!! Christ!!! CHP told me I had to identify her out of a black and white photocopy of drivers license pictures. Those can be how old?!?! 4 years?? I gave them a really good description of her, which I shouldnt have done. They pulled everyone that looked like her and shoved her in there too. I couldnt do it! Not one of them had the curly hair she did at the time of the accident, and she was wearing sunglasses. I should have told them she was a black lady or something. LOL Then when they compiled all the pictures there would be one white lady in there and I could have found her! LOL To make matters even more annoying, she said in her statement that I was along side her and I started "wobbling out of control." Yeah, she clipped my side and my bike went into a tank slapper. I got an attorney. They didnt do jack ****. Statute of limitiations was 1 year. They called me a week before the 1 year was up. They said they would continue the case but not pro-bono. I was broke as a joke paying medical bills. I couldnt afford a lawyer out of pocket. That was the end of that. ********.
On a good note, I just tried out a chiropractor that my coworker suggested. I feel WONDERFUL!!! I havent felt this good in years!!!!
Old 09-12-2007, 10:44 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Geez, under those circumstances a helmeted motorcyclist could NEVER be charged... they would never see his or her face.

Hmmmm... so she admitted she was riding next to you in her statement? Surprised she didn't get charged & that there were no marks on the rental car. Or a record of damages by the rental car company... they usually do a thorough walk around before & after the rental.

Sorry for what happened to you... yep, the system often sucks.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:51 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear your story, it sucks when people get away with that kind of crap!!
Old 09-12-2007, 11:02 AM
SuperBike

There wouldnt have been much for marks on the car because i hit right by the passenger side door. she moved over into my lane. the other car had serious damage to the back end after I hit the back of it and flew over it.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:46 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
it'd be a real shame if she accidentally fell down a flight of stairs.....
Old 09-12-2007, 11:48 AM
SuperBike

LMFAO!!!
Real shame... shame shame shame!!
you want me could make her have accident?? LOL
Old 09-12-2007, 12:32 PM
SuperBike

hey everyone!! check out the newb !! :wel come:
Old 09-12-2007, 02:12 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Okay I wanted to kill somebody after reading that. My bad accident about 9 years ago was the same ****. As if the accident and the injury and the learning to walk and run again and the "it'll never be perfect again" weren't bad enough, I got harrassed by the highway patrol while on a backboard in the hospital bleeding like a ******* stuck pig with a smashed leg and smashed foot until I actually had the doctor throw him out. And dipshit drew up the police report to show that I was racing another bike down the highway, not that the jackass in the car spun out and lost control for no ******* reason and that I was doing nothing wrong. And it adds even more insult to injury when fellow family members believe you were ******* off too because that's what the police report says. Trust me I have the guys address and have had plenty of bad thoughts because it sucks to wish time away waiting to get better when you're 21 years old. I think once I even looked him up and he won some kind of award in his city for being a wonderful ******* citizen...nice...too bad they didn't include the part where he left me laying on the side of the highway and never even came to see if I was still alive...guess he was too busy lying to the police about what happened. Anyway I guess alot of folks don't get a second chance in a bad accident and we did, so I suppose we can be thankful for that. I'm glad to hear you're still feeling and getting better.

Last edited by captainchaos; 09-12-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:51 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by captainchaos
Okay I wanted to kill somebody after reading that. My bad accident about 9 years ago was the same ****. As if the accident and the injury and the learning to walk and run again and the "it'll never be perfect again" weren't bad enough, I got harrassed by the highway patrol while on a backboard in the hospital bleeding like a ******* stuck pig with a smashed leg and smashed foot until I actually had the doctor throw him out. And dipshit drew up the police report to show that I was racing another bike down the highway, not that the jackass in the car spun out and lost control for no ******* reason and that I was doing nothing wrong. And it adds even more insult to injury when fellow family members believe you were ******* off too because that's what the police report says. Trust me I have the guys address and have had plenty of bad thoughts because it sucks to wish time away waiting to get better when you're 21 years old. I think once I even looked him up and he won some kind of award in his city for being a wonderful ******* citizen...nice...too bad they didn't include the part where he left me laying on the side of the highway and never even came to see if I was still alive...guess he was too busy lying to the police about what happened. Anyway I guess alot of folks don't get a second chance in a bad accident and we did, so I suppose we can be thankful for that. I'm glad to hear you're still feeling and getting better.

OMG!!! Hunny!! this made my eyes well up with tears. Im so sorry you had to go thru this too. I wouldnt wish it on anyone. I know exactly what you are talkin about with the cops. Holy crap are they ******** to you or what!??! My cop treated me like a criminal. My report says some bullshit about how I was lane splitting and thats what caused it...
1. lane splitting is legal in cali
2. if that was the case, why the **** WOULD SHE MOVE OVER INTO MY LANE!?!?!? if there was another car there, she would have no where to go.
Tell a 20 year old that they might walk with a cane for the rest of their life, I dare anyone. There has been nothing in my life that degrading and humilating.

We really are fortunate to be here, Chaos. Granted, this was a total **** deal we got dealt, think about it. We are here! Mine caused me to move back home to minnesota, where i was reunited with my high school crush. We had years of good times. And we broke up, another **** deal. I did a lot of growing. It's always going to be big highs and big lows. The lows make you stronger and the highs let you enjoy the dues you paid. And all this led me to where I am now in life. Im a strong chick who doesnt take **** from anyone. I would bet that you have learned some really hard lessons in life because of the situation you were put in. Look at ya now! Back riding again!! Able to comfort someone who has been thru it too.

Im really glad you are here, my friend. Lets remind our friends how dangerous cars can be, to stay out of blind spots and expect the most idiotic move. Maybe our pain can save someone elses.

Last edited by ali_squidz; 09-12-2007 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:54 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
I was behind a car that went to change lanes and didn't see the bike riding next to them. So they of course panicked and JERKED their car back into their lane and completely lost control and spun around several times. Remember no one hit them, they just lost control for no reason. All while coming to almost a complete stop spinning sideways in my path. Didn't think there was time to stop so I tried to swerve around and just didn't make it. T-boned the front fender at about 80 or 90 and learned people really can fly. Yeah w/o getting too wierd I wonder sometimes if I didn't make it that night and ended up somewhere else lol. I mean my friggin bike ripped in half. I heard the same **** about walking with a limp and a cane but you find out who you are inside (and that most of your friends are full of ****) and you'd be surprised what you're capable of when you can't walk. It's funny all I could think about was riding again and got back on a bike while still on crutches (graduated to those after a walker lol). I think it's only since I've been down more recently and walked away that I sadly started to enjoy riding a little less. I do still get slightly obsessed with working on them but I can't wait to finish her up and get her out and show her off a little. I guess when I hear about alot of other people who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time who didn't get another chance I feel really bad and also feel really lucky that I did. I was really lucky that I didn't have any back or head injuries and that as bad as my injuries were the harder I pushed in the gym (blacked out every day lol) the better I got. Cheers, glad we're still here to talk about it
Old 09-13-2007, 07:18 AM
SuperBike

Hugs... Love you buddy