Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

from 4 to 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Back Marker

Dave Wicks is on a distinguished road
from 4 to 2

I enjoyed a post a while back where someone had gone from a CBR 600 to a Superhawk and really enjoyed the style of power and performance. In July 25 of 1974 I traded in a well thrashed, cafe-racer Honda 4 all "tricked" (for that day) for a brand new 850 Norton Comando Interstate..(6 gallon tank..touring seat ..different pipes) Twin power...sweet old bike..yes it leaked oil..
New Price for Norton..$2,195.00
Less Trade in $1,500.00
..Less small deposit...difference due $775.00

Actually proved to be a durable, dependable and quick bike...low 12's in quarter mile...top speed about 120 give or take...rip through mountains pretty quick and never shift out top gear....300 miles per tank at 70 mph..darn nearly break your ankle if you didn't kick it right..beautiful red paint
....Hawk reminds me of that bike..lot more power and handling and braking etc..of course..but torque rich..you bet..Starting to get a little misty...snort

Enjoy guys
Dave:-D
Old 02-06-2007, 07:58 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Hang in there, Dave! Winter will not win this year! It will end!
Old 02-06-2007, 08:17 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Alas, if only those prices were still around. I paid $1995 for my first "real" streetbike: '77 CB750F. sniff, sniff....
Old 02-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Back Marker

Dave Wicks is on a distinguished road
4 to 2

If the English would have moved forward on design and quality control..they had the market....The Norton was absolutly a charmer of a bike.. when the Isolastic Rubber mounting was new and tight...handled well.. for that time..Wonderful exhaust note....a bike you enjoyed looking at.. it used to vibrate so bad at idle..if it was on the center stand on a slight slope...it would jiggle downt the driveway about 20 feet while it warmed up...But you know ...there really is something about a v-twin....something that engages a rider like no 4 cylinder can...

Take Care
Dave