Good/ no good??????

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 12:20 AM
Back Marker

Vega (streetfighter) is on a distinguished road
Good/ no good??????

So I just received some frame sliders that I won in an auction on Ebay. I won them for $.01 thats right one penny, but it cost me $34.99 to ship the damn things here from Hong Kong. Any way are they total pieces of ****? will they be worth a damn if my bike goes down? If you search for VTR 1000 parts on Ebay these frame sliders will come up. Its some Chinese company that sells these things. ???????
Old 08-04-2008, 12:33 AM
Back Marker

scarface is on a distinguished road
I saw that too, and searched here with no answer....Im very interested to know myself.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:49 AM
Squid

supertrooper is on a distinguished road
if they work at all you will need to cut the fairings. i doubt they will fit so many different bikes with that one kit unless it comes with a ton of brackets. you should have got the T-rex sliders, no cut and they seem to have a good rep here.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Back Marker

and the verdict is...... NO GOOD> The bolts that these came with has a thread pitch that is too course. Trying to torque these things in will strip out the threads on the motor mount. Aside from that the slider itself appears to be ok. Just had to shop around for bolts that would work.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Shredding Asphalt
Superstock

MisfitToy is on a distinguished road
bolts are cheap and if the slider itself is good then it sounds worth it... just gotta get over the 30 bucks for shipping.... cant they just stuff them in a few lead based toys?
Old 08-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Superstock

sumthin_major is on a distinguished road
How long are the sliders. My t-rex's are good but will only protect the radiators. Not the engine covers. Me and a buddy are goin to machine some spacers for them so the bike wont have a scratch on it if it falls over.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Super Byrd
Superstock

Byrdman is on a distinguished road
i need to know where to get the T-rex frame sliders or any frame sliders that are good and you do not have to cut anything
Old 08-17-2008, 06:29 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Byrdman
i need to know where to get the T-rex frame sliders or any frame sliders that are good and you do not have to cut anything
Ebay!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:44 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by sumthin_major
How long are the sliders. My t-rex's are good but will only protect the radiators. Not the engine covers. Me and a buddy are goin to machine some spacers for them so the bike wont have a scratch on it if it falls over.
The "E-bay" sliders stick out about 4 1/8". It looks like there is plenty of clearance for the engine covers. The cheap sliders went on fine once I finally found bolts that would work, and that was a bitch... The left side needed a 5" or a 5 1/4" 10x.125 bolt. Everywhere I went looked at me crazy when I asked for such a long metric bolt.