Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

WTD: rt fairing, helibars, sliders, sargent saddle, harness

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Squid

MD_Lieber is on a distinguished road
WTD: rt fairing, helibars, sliders, sargent saddle, harness

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum; just introduced myself earlier today. I came across this site as I was looking for parts for a 98 'hawk I just bought to fix up for spring. I was hoping somebody here would have a few of the items I need to get this bike reader for winter, so if you do, please give me a holler! Thanks!

(in no particular order)

- Right side (red) main fairing
- Helibar
- Frame Sliders (I noticed T-Rex stopped selling them on Ebay and left Ebay just a few weeks ago, so it seems I missed my window for the 60$ Delrin sliders I was planning on getting)
- Sargent Saddle
- A complete wire harness, or, if my luck is unusual enough that anybody has just the rear of it (that runs from to the rear turn signals and brake/running lights), that is all I really need, although I expect I'll just end up buying a harness and cutting off what I need.

Thanks again for your help, it's much appreciated for a noob like me to get my new bike ready for my first riding season with her. 8)
Old 01-24-2007, 08:27 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
I found these on EBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...QQcmdZViewItem And I emailed T-Rex from one of their stand listings and they are going to send me an invoice to my paypal account for the sliders they sell, so there's some options for ya.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Back Marker

AC COBRA
pm sent
Old 01-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Back Marker

georonimo is on a distinguished road
yeah, I have a bike that I am parting out and have the wiring harness (complete) and possibly some other parts. I just bought a salvaged bike just to take apart for learning purposes. I may have other parts if you need, the internals more so but let me know
Old 01-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Minimal Post
Back Marker

Josh is an unknown quantity at this point
Heli bars

I've got a set of Heli Bars. The left one is perfect, but the right one is bent down and back about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. I can send you some pictures if you are interested.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:55 PM
Squid

Hey guys, figured I'd give an update/bump combo:

I have a pair of sliders, as mentioned in another thread, it looks like T-Rex is back on Ebay, and I got a pair of his sliders.

At this point, I'm still in need of a right side (red) main fairing, I'd kill to get my hands on a second-hand Sargent seat, Helibars, and the harness. Again, any help or offers would be greatly appreciated.

Note to Josh: I PMed you the day you posted, and I've yet to hear back from you. Please check your PM, or report and let me know if you never got it. Thanks!
Old 02-07-2007, 07:16 AM
Squid

Jay C
Heli bars and right fairing

I'm cleaning up my garage, and I know I've got a red right fairing. I need to check the condition, it may have a small crack, but I think it's in pretty good shape overall.
I've also got a set of heli-bars. I painted them, and did a bad job, so you may want to re-paint.
If you're still looking for these parts, let me know, and I can dig them up and take some pics.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:30 AM
SuperSport

Stumpy is on a distinguished road
Jay C if MD does not take the heli-bars I would like a chance at them and if he does anyone else have a set there are not using and want to part with them. I have seen new ones on e-bay for $250 to much for me right now.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Squid

PM Sent

Hey Jay C, I sent you a PM with my email and cell phone number, hope to hear from soon.

Stumpy, if I decide against the Heli's, I'll be sure to send you a PM and let you know!
Old 02-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Superstock

MUHerdFan is on a distinguished road
MD Lieber, Sorry that you missed my Heli Bars. However, eBay has the T-Rex sliders (like 5-6 available). Search on VTR 1000 Sliders and you will find them. Also, www.kneedraggers.com has the LSL sliders and sell them below list price.

Vince
Old 02-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Superstock

I forgot to mention something else...If anyone is looking for some weighted bar ends to dampen vibration, www.hvmparts.com sells 13.5 ounce ends for the SHawk....
Old 02-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Squid

Sliders

No problem MUHerdFan, I think I may have a deal going with Jay C for a pair of Helibars he has left over in his garage. As far as the sliders, I did get a pair off of Ebay from T-Rex. I was somewhat interested that they don't look like the picture on the auction page; instead of a cutout on the underside of the delrin slider (for fairing clearance), there is now an aluminum collar with a variable diameter that extends beyond the fairing and then mates to a shorter delrin slider.

I think they look better, certainly more expensive with the addition of the aluminum collar, but haven't mounted them yet, so I can't really comment on how they look post-install. I was just surprised he shipped something that looked like a newer, certainly improved version for the same price.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Superstock

Can you post a photo? I was actually going to order the LSL's today because they looked similar to the Oggy's - someone posted a pic of the Oggy's with some damage and I was impressed with how they held up. Can you replace the slider portion?
Old 02-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Squid

Sliders

Yeah, the delrin slider fits into the Al collar, so in a crash, it's likely the delrin would take all the damage (I can't image grinding enough away to hit the Al), so one could (in theory) just re-purchase the delrin portion, remove the bolt holding it together, and attach a new slider.

I really can't state enough that it's got to be an improvement over what's posted on T-Rex's auction page, so I'm surprised he hasn't updated it. Hahaha...the thought hadn't occurred to me until now, but I hope these are the right sliders for the 'hawk! The instruction page that came with them were for the hawk, so I think they just updated the design.

I can try to bum a camera to take a picture, but I'm not sure I could get it done quickly. Maybe email T-Rex and ask him for a picture of the updated design?