Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

WTD; Jardine high exhaust with mid pipes for Superhawk

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Squid

thephatboi is on a distinguished road
WTD; Jardine high exhaust with mid pipes for Superhawk

WTD; Jardine high exhaust with mid pipes for Superhawk, carbon or aluminum I don't care, hoping to get the full kit (do they come with spacers for the passenger foot pegs?) Any leads appreciated, I hate the exhaust I have on my bike now...
Old 07-05-2016, 08:03 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
They're certainly getting harder to come by as time passes as they haven't been made in awhile now. I've sold a bunch of them over the years and as you requested your best bet is a wanted post on here or to get lucky finding a set on ebay. I saw someone post a craigslist add for a set of Jardines not too long ago, so a nationwide craiglist search is also a possibility. Only thing on ebay now is a boogered pair of Jardine mufflers without the midpipes. What do you have on there now and curious why you hate them?
Old 07-05-2016, 08:10 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Since they're getting harder to come by you may also need to get creative. Superhawks for sale with exhausts pop up a lot more often than just the exhausts themselves, so you also have nothing to lose by offering to buy the exhaust off the bike someone is selling. I'd be prepared to have something decent to swap out with them though (at least a nice set of stock mufflers). Use the angle that the exhaust basically does squat for the value of the bike anyway, and it's a good way for the seller to either make a few extra bucks or once sold be able to drop the price of the bike they're selling a bit (since you just payed for the exhaust) and possibly sell it faster. Again you have nothing to lose. Most will probably not be interested but I have bought aftermarket parts that way before.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:58 AM
Squid

Yeah good idea, I have asked couple guys but haven't found a seller who wanted to deal with a muffler swap yet. The low aluminum Two Brothers are on it now, I don't like how they look low and they are too loud. love how the jardine's look and am I wrong that the longer high pipe with the Jardines might be a tad quieter?
Old 07-06-2016, 04:23 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
There is a set on my local craigslist... Well, not exactly next door. About 1:45 away from me.

Where are you located?
Superhawk jardine rt-1 exhaust
Old 07-06-2016, 04:26 AM
MotoGP

BTW, what does WTD stand for?
Old 07-06-2016, 07:17 AM
Superstock

Fastguy59 is on a distinguished road
In my experience the Jardines are not any quieter than the TBR exhausts. If your TBR's are really loud they probably need repacking, it is a maintenance item that needs doing every so often... When you buy a used set more than likely they too will need repacking....
Old 07-06-2016, 07:55 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Fastguy59
In my experience the Jardines are not any quieter than the TBR exhausts. If your TBR's are really loud they probably need repacking, it is a maintenance item that needs doing every so often... When you buy a used set more than likely they too will need repacking....
Agreed, if they're that loud they most likely need to be repacked, as will most used sets because anything you buy is going to be several years old already. That's a nice little DIY project (plenty of how-to videos on youtube, etc). Two Brothers are one of the better sounding set of pipes out there. They'll have a deeper (and I think better) sound than round Jardines. Probably sound similar to the oval Jardines, though you could get race and tapered down street baffles in the oval Jardines (with the street baffles obviously being quieter). So if it's mainly the sound you hate (and more specifically the volume) I'd repack them. If after that you STILL hate the sound you should probably sell the bike and buy a CBR
Old 07-06-2016, 08:35 AM
Squid

Thanks so much guys for the info. Yeah the sound of the TBR is cool just too loud, so I'll look into repacking them, have done that on others before so not afraid of that project. I do like the look of the high Jardine set up, maybe I can find high mid pipes and mounts that could work for these Two Brothers and just repack them? I don't think I've ever seen high TBR so not sure if mid pipes that would work are made for them….I do like the deep sound….Wolverine, bt 'WTD' I meant 'wanted' I did contact that guy with the used Jardines a while ago, he absolutely will not ship them, not a super friendly guy I'm in California….
Old 07-06-2016, 02:48 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by thephatboi
he absolutely will not ship them
That's what friends are for...
Old 07-06-2016, 05:13 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Two Brothers did make high mounts. Your mufflers would be the same and if you could find them you'd need the high mount midpipes and hangers. Unlike Jardine and some others, TBR's did not come with the longer bolts or spacers to move your passenger pegs out to allow them to clear the mufflers, but if you're creative that can be fixed. Another option I've played with in the past is to use high mount hangers with low mount slip ons and rotate the midpipes and cans up to get an RC51 style "low to high" look.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:29 PM
Squid

cool, good to know, perhaps I'll look for high mount Two brothers mid pipes then, and repack these…
Old 07-08-2016, 06:27 AM
Back Marker

UCF Eric is on a distinguished road
I've got a set of Jardines, high mount and I was able to piece together longer bolts and spacers to keep the passenger pegs. I bought them from Captainchaos about two years ago. They've been on the bike for about 5k miles. Let me know if you're interested. I haven't moved the bike in about 4 months so they're not doing me any good.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:28 AM
Squid

jlandin is on a distinguished road
UCF Eric, are you looking to sell your Jardine high mounts? How much are you looking for? Will you ship them?
Old 07-08-2016, 03:10 PM
Squid

Jardine highmounts

I'd be interested in those…pm'd you
Old 07-08-2016, 08:10 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Agree with captainchaos, the two brothers do have a better deeper sound, especially the carbon fibers!!

Now, high mounts are good, but I personally like the swept up look as the RC51, kinda becomes high mount, there for I did it with low mounts, twisting the left side upwards at the connection point and right side clockwise at the connection point as well, with couple brackets I made from aluminum to relocate the rear footpegs, everything falls right into place naturally, it also tacks in the exhaust tips.
Attached Thumbnails WTD; Jardine high exhaust with mid pipes for Superhawk-20160607_135339.jpg   WTD; Jardine high exhaust with mid pipes for Superhawk-20160607_135207.jpg  
Old 07-09-2016, 08:09 AM
Squid

That looks great NHSH, nice job. Yeah I do like the deep sound I am getting with the aluminum TB exhaust, I will probably repack them to quiet them just a BIT and look for the high/medium mid pipes. Do you guys know if I absolutely need the Two Brothers higher mid pipes to work with my Two Brothers exhaust or will other brands of higher mid pipes work? I am ok with customizing spacers/extensions for the pass. foot pegs myself, of course it would be nice to find a kit...