Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

WTB solo Seat Cowl

Old 08-03-2015, 04:54 PM
Squid

SnappleKat is on a distinguished road
WTB solo Seat Cowl

been looking forever but i haven't found any that are either red, used, or inexpensive.I'm looking for the seat cowl and the solo seat for a 1998 superhawk.

hopefully you have one for a reasonable price or both items requested. lol thanks

-Kris

alternatively, I'm looking for dual carbs rated for at least 30% ethanol....California gas and all, thanks!
Old 08-03-2015, 05:29 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
PM sent. I have a real nice used red one, and also another spare in faded/flat black, obviously in need of paint. It's also missing the clip that holds it to the back of the seat, but no other damage. Let me know depending on your budget. I've been looking for a black one for my '99 and they've been discontinued (yes you can still order and pay for it, but you'll get the discontinued email a week later), so while they pop up here and there on ebay (there's a new yellow one on there now) they're not going to get any easier to find. Been wanting one for my FZR600 project but there's just no way I'm paying $150 for a used one for a $500 bike...

Also you said you were looking for the "seat cowl and solo seat." The seat is one piece for rider and passenger, and the solo cowl slips over the passenger portion. Could you clarify what you meant there? Were you looking for the tail fairing?

One other option is to email one of the Ebay fairing sellers from China and see how much they want for a new one. I did email them once and they will sell one, I forget for how much. I never bought it though and am in no way vouching for the quality or the customer service.

Last edited by captainchaos; 08-03-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:33 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

thedeatons is on a distinguished road
Secret: Take the part number to your Honda dealer and they can do a nationwide search for the part at all Honda dealers in the USA.

Years ago I called a shop in Canada and made a friend of the parts guy, then started doing parts searches in all of Canada too. That was like a gold mine.

Whatever dealer has the part ends up calling the dealer that originated the parts search, then they call you amd put you in touch with who has the part. Pay for the part plus shipping, and yer done

James
Old 08-03-2015, 06:40 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by thedeatons
Secret: Take the part number to your Honda dealer and they can do a nationwide search for the part at all Honda dealers in the USA.

Years ago I called a shop in Canada and made a friend of the parts guy, then started doing parts searches in all of Canada too. That was like a gold mine.

Whatever dealer has the part ends up calling the dealer that originated the parts search, then they call you amd put you in touch with who has the part. Pay for the part plus shipping, and yer done

James
Yeah James that's a great idea. Believe it or not I actually had a forum member who was nice enough to do just that for me, but the 2 dealers that showed up both said they didn't have it... Whatever I'll eventually get tired and just have one painted...
Old 08-03-2015, 07:28 PM
Squid

SnappleKat is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
Yeah James that's a great idea. Believe it or not I actually had a forum member who was nice enough to do just that for me, but the 2 dealers that showed up both said they didn't have it... Whatever I'll eventually get tired and just have one painted...
I need the cowl and the fairing. That is a good idea but the local shops around these parts are slightly....challenged. Last time I asked them to price out dual carbs with an ethanol rating, they gave me a quote for a retro fuel injection....

I don't mind if it's black or red, the tail end of my baby is going to be black eventually anyways. Not a huge fan of the stock red it is now.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:15 PM
VTR virgin
Superstock

Cadbury64 is on a distinguished road
I bought a new red solo cowl from my local dealer, 3 weeks delivery ex Japan, just a couple of months back so they're definitely available. Partzilla lists that part for US$83 and the tail cowl for $285.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:04 PM
Back Marker

996thehawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SnappleKat
been looking forever but i haven't found any that are either red, used, or inexpensive.I'm looking for the seat cowl and the solo seat for a 1998 superhawk.
You are looking for BOTH the tail section and solo seat cowl? I have the tail section that I am willing to part with. Great condition except for 1 broken tab on the bottom which doesn't affect anything. It is red. PM if you are interested.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:24 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Here are pics of the two solo seat covers I have. The red one is real nice. If you hold it up in the sunlight there is a LITTLE fading but it's still very shiny. The black one is obviously faded and needs to be repainted. The rear tab to hold it tight to the seat was plastic welded and works fine.
Attached Thumbnails WTB solo Seat Cowl-1.jpg   WTB solo Seat Cowl-2.jpg   WTB solo Seat Cowl-3.jpg   WTB solo Seat Cowl-4.jpg   WTB solo Seat Cowl-5.jpg  

Old 08-06-2015, 07:28 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

And here is the tail fairing I have. It was repainted to match the '99 black. Looks to be done by a shop not a rattle can. Nothing broken and in excellent shape. One small defect/split in the paint in the last pic, otherwise looks real nice.
Attached Thumbnails WTB solo Seat Cowl-6.jpg   WTB solo Seat Cowl-7.jpg   WTB solo Seat Cowl-8.jpg   WTB solo Seat Cowl-9.jpg   WTB solo Seat Cowl-10.jpg  

Old 08-08-2015, 08:31 AM
That one guy
Back Marker

Meier Link is on a distinguished road
I have a rear seat cover availible. It needs some tlc and a paint job. Willing to part ways with it. PM me is interested. Will send pics if you are interested.