Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

WTB Right Side Schtuffs

Old 07-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Back Marker

Camelninja is on a distinguished road
WTB Right Side Schtuffs

Ok, so I have begun to repair the damage that the previous owner inflicted with a firetruck.... you heard me.... so Im in the market for a couple things.

Right side Mirror
Right Front Fairing
Front Wheel plastic

They just have cracks, and since Im going to be painting her anyways I figured I would go ahead and replace them. My new tank gets here in 3 days (I went with a Firestorm tank.... yay for me) and I am looking forward to having the best looking bike in the area.... wont be too hard seeing as how everything else is a Hardly or a GSXR 600. THANKS!!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:42 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Do a search on "ABS repair" Hawkrider used some folks on the east coast that are really good for plastics repair without buying new. I have a front fender - it's black. Came from a member in Cali. As long as your stuff is cracked and not mushed I would consider repair/repaint.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:02 PM
Back Marker

Ok I looked at the ABS repair section. With the side fairing and whatnot which would be the best route to go? plastic weld or the fiberglass, or the ABS glue? If the repair doesnt take on the front fender what will you part with the one you have for? Thanks for the speedy reply by the way :-)
Old 07-26-2010, 08:23 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
$50+ shipping. It's still boxed from when I bought it so that makes it easy. Shoot me your zip and I will get a quote for you.

The plastic on our bikes is ABS. I know all sorts of hacks that repair it with fiberglass but it's only temp until the two compounds start working against each other. It's called ABS weld and you can get it in any autoparts store. There are special welding guns but members here have done nicely with a soldering iron.

A search will provide all sorts of creative reading about this stuff. Pieces missing, no problem, get some cable ties and fill in the missing parts. Sand it down, paint it purdy - small versus hundreds for new fairings.

If you're building a "ride" bike versus one that is showroom perfect this a great alternative to hundreds spent with jerks on ebay.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:40 PM
SuperSport
SuperSport

supermarto is on a distinguished road
I have scavenged black ABS from an old VCR casing and using black ABS glue from Lowes made repairs to my fairings twice. I sand the paint off the backside, make a big patch, and clamp it as it dries as best you can. On the front, v-notch the crack, and mix some ABS shavings with some of the cement until you have ABS goop the consistency of JB weld, and spread it in there with a metal putty knife. Sand it down afterward. You don't get much working time, but it sure does work...
Old 07-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Back Marker

Oh, and it also seems that I am going to need a Stator.... yay.... anyone have one for sale? or know where I can get a reasonably priced one
Old 08-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Squid

ima98chickenhawk is on a distinguished road
cant help with the stator but i have right side plastics front plastic and mirror all yellow off my stock 98 hawk (i fightered it) no damage to them if you still want them pm me.