Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

WTB: Rearsets!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:30 AM
Squid

Erion_squid is on a distinguished road
Smile WTB: Rearsets!

Hey guys, I was wondering if you guys have any old rearsets laying around the garage that you would like to get rid of. I am within weeks of finishing my bike, money has gotten tight...and rearsets are still ungodly expensive. Please let me know, for I am desperate.

Thanks!

Chris
Old 06-04-2007, 07:35 AM
SuperSport

Stumpy is on a distinguished road
If no one else has a spare I'll help you out sort of wanted one set incase I crash at a trackday. let me know when thats all you need to get it back up might let you use mine untill you get a set.
Stumpy
Old 06-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Squid

Thanks buddy

Hey stumpy! Thanks for the offer but you keep your spares. I will keep trying to locate some...my bike wont be ready for a week or two still so i have some time...and worse comes to worse I will have one more paycheck to blow on it.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:16 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Are you looking for aftermarkets or stockers? I have a drilled stock set I've been saving that I may part with.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:20 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

If you want to buy them to hold you over and end up finding a set of aftermarkets I'll buy them back from you. Like a free rental, just pay for the shipping back and forth...
Old 06-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Squid

Smile Nice set

Hey Capt!

Thanks for the offer. Just let me know how much you would like them for and I would love to rent them. Dont really know too much about replacements, are they hard to swap out?
Old 06-04-2007, 07:18 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Is $100 fair? I don't think I could replace these for less than $50 a side and when they do show up it's usually not as a pair. There currently are none on ebay to compare to but in the past I've seen good single sides go for $50 and up. Please chime in everybody if you think I'm on crack (I know I'm on crack I mean with regards to the rearsets). Besides like I said I'll buy them back if you're looking to eventually upgrade to aftermarkets . You're welcome to keep them too I photoshopped a cbr style pattern and drilled them. I think they're subtle and tasteful and look alot better on the bike than with the plain heelguards. Swapping them isn't too bad, but it is alot more involved than most other bikes because the pivot bolt goes thru the rearsets, the swingarm, and engine case so you have to disconnect the shock from the swingarm and the swingarm itself comes off when you take that bolt out. You have to make sure the bike's secure and doesn't fall over. I used a front stand and a jack with some sort of padding under the engine. If I had to walk away from the bike for any time I have two extra pivot bolts- I slipped one in each side halfway in and lowered the bike onto a jackstand on each side to make sure it didn't fall over. Using ratchet tie downs and something secure on the ceiling also works. A manual is your friend here, and a plastic/rubber mallet and an extra pair of hands to help line things up/steady the bike on reassembly aren't necessary but are welcome if available. I'm no Al Luddington but I'd be happy to help walk you thru it as long as you're confident doing the job.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:12 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

I stand corrected, sorta...these just popped up on ebay but they are bare Or can you use these? I don't know what you have. Do you have a bent pair or nothing at all?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tchlink:top:us
Old 06-05-2007, 05:39 AM
Squid

Hey those are nice but quite bare. If the offer is still available, I would be honored to buy yours. Anyways, I will look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:44 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Sounds like a plan. I can have them out to you asap. I'll shoot you a pm-if I remember we're not supposed to put paypal emails or #'s on here.