Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

WTB Parts. Any help would be Appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Squid

TJ91 is on a distinguished road
WTB Parts. Any help would be Appreciated

Hey guys, had a fall yesterday on the Hawk
Im now about to buy new OEM fairings. Got prices, $370 for OEM red right fairing, $350 for left side fairing in OEM Red.
Anyone know where I can get those for cheaper? Ive seen take offs but theyre in rough shape and by the time I ship them and have them repainted it would only save me a little.
I saw on ebay, some ABS plastics, but heard some nightmare stories about fitment with those. Does anyone have any experience with these kits?
Now Im just looking for Left side mirror, gear shifter as the peg on that got bent. And im looking for the exhaust mount/bracket for the left side. Its got bent in and so the pipe is sitting closer to the wheel.

Oh and I snapped off a bar end, not sure how im going to be able to take the screw out, maybe tap it out?

So heres my part list so far.

Left Side Mirror
Right Fairing
Left Fairing
Gear Shifter
Left side Exhaust mount
and a Left side can since mine is rashed badly (I just debaffled those the night before )

Any help on any of these parts would be greatly appreicated, breaks my heart looking at the bike like this

Thanks again guys, be safe out there
Old 09-26-2012, 02:03 PM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
I think I have left and right sides. I bought my bike as a sort of cafe/street fighter. I was going to restore it to stock but I think I'm going to change direction. Let me look at them and take pictures. I'll try to get that done tonight. If you like them we'll make a deal.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:59 PM
SuperBike

scottiemann is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear that, I hope your OK..

I just dumped mine last weekend, unfortunately it was on the left side, however depending on how bad your left can is and if you don't mind sanding a little, I can take picts of the light rashes on my left can for you...
Old 09-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Squid

HRCA! Thanks for the fast response. Let me know how they look and what you think. And Scottieman I read about your as well! Glad your doing ok. I'm scraped to hell at the moment but pushing through.
What's really sad was I was supposed to put my deposit on a 2012 Black GSXR1000 on Friday. But now I have to spend all my cash on fixing the Hawk.
And thanks for letting me know about the can. Mine is rashes pretty bad but doesn't look too bad. I'm thinking about just using this as an excuse to get them slip ons
Thanks again though guys for the help. Really appreciate it.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:49 PM
Squid

herbvtr1000f is on a distinguished road
I have both OEM cans for cheap l. 100 bucks and they are your. or I can split them up 50 each
Old 10-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Squid

HU112BU is on a distinguished road
I bought the complete body kit from china, shipped to the front door (Indiana USA) for under $500 total. My "Euro-spec turqoise Firestorm" kit was a perfect match, and the red one was like a shade off in direct sunlight. I bought them through www.alibaba.com which is a trader sight for goods from Asia. If you chat with "Linda LV" tell her Tracy Thomas sent you and you'll get a discount from the advertised prices. They can also do any color or colors with any decals custom or stock for no additional cost.

Tracy

PS: I like them so much on my one bike that I sold all the OEM plastic on the other which paid for the kit plus cash in my pocket.

Last edited by HU112BU; 10-02-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by HU112BU
I bought the complete body kit from china, shipped to the front door (Indiana USA) for under $500 total. My "Euro-spec turqoise Firestorm" kit was a perfect match, and the red one was like a shade off in direct sunlight. I bought them through www.alibaba.com which is a trader sight for goods from Asia. If you chat with "Linda LV" tell her Tracy Thomas sent you and you'll get a discount from the advertised prices. They can also do any color or colors with any decals custom or stock for no additional cost.

Tracy

PS: I like them so much on my one bike that I sold all the OEM plastic on the other which paid for the kit plus cash in my pocket.
Hey man thanks alot for the insight, really helpful! Ill check it out for sure. And didnt think about selling the left over pieces, that would definitly help as well.
I found the OEM fairings online for 225 for each side in the OEM red, just have to figure out shipping and duties and taxes to bring them to Canada (facepalm)
But this is definitly on my list.
I checked out the sharkskinz but I would have to get them painted which would cost me just as much as the OEM fairings sadly
Old 10-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Squid

HU112BU is on a distinguished road
The ones from "Honlike" in China are the way to go IMO. Just chat with "Ms linda lv" and she can give you a quote for postage including duties and taxes to Canada. They also replicate the Firestorm VTR graphics like you have up North there. Or you could get a custom painted kit and have your tank painted to match. (They offer a really nice Repsol kit with all the sponsor decals) As for the rest, I've gotten some great deals buying through ebay in the UK as the VTR's were very popular there. Go to www.ebay.uk.com . When you view your first search, change it to "Nearest First" and enter the london postal code of "W11 2BQ". This allows you to view all the items listed on ebay.uk and you only have to do it once. (I also do this with ebay.de, ebay.fr, ebay.es, etc. but you have to use google translator to read the listings and/or send a message to the seller) . Once you find a bargain, simply send an email to the seller to inquire if they would be interested in posting the item to Canada and see how it works out. The exchange rate from US Dollars to British Pounds currently sux ($1.00usd = £1.61) so it's not as sweet as it was a year ago. Anyways, GL with your hawk and post some pics!
Tracy

Last edited by HU112BU; 10-06-2012 at 12:09 PM.