Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

WTB: Jardine high-mount exhaust hangers

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 01:50 PM
Squid

Salieb76 is on a distinguished road
WTB: Jardine high-mount exhaust hangers

Hoping someone here has an extra right side (clutch side) high mount hanger and clamp available for sale? If you have a complete set I will take that too!

My clamp broke in two pieces last year along with losing the clamp a day later. I called Jardine and they no longer make or offer the clamps or hangers!

So I fixed it temporarily by sandwiching it between two stainless steel plates with bolts for now. If you have a set or right side available please let me know.
Thanks.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:40 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
That sucks as of a week ago they still had the aluminum ovals listed online (they're gone now) and they're listed in the catalog they JUST sent me. Can't believe they don't have the clamps as they're the same clamp for ALL their RT-One oval exhausts. I guess they're no longer making them and just selling out what's left. As far as the hanger bracket goes can't you just throw someone a few bucks to TIG it back together for you? It's probably just as well for you as I believe when I asked them a few years ago they wanted something INSANE like a hundred bucks a side for JUST the hanger brackets... See if you can get it TIG welded and if not let me know and I can probably find one for you. I have one that one side is cracked on and it's literally a 5 second job. Doesn't even require any welding rod. But I don't have the equipment so I also have to pay someone to do it for me.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:02 PM
Squid

Thanks Captain for your help. Yea sucks they don't have them available any longer. I even asked for a custom run and would pay extra but your right, they wanted a lot for just the brackets. I tried to get it welded but was told it was in a bad spot where it broke and the aluminum is brittle. Looked like its molded or cast.

Was hoping someone had one laying around. I know my setup works for now and it's secure. Just was hoping to get that clean look back on the right side. Any help would be appreciated for sure.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:26 PM
Night Rider
Squid

Apocalypse is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Salieb76
Thanks Captain for your help. Yea sucks they don't have them available any longer. I even asked for a custom run and would pay extra but your right, they wanted a lot for just the brackets. I tried to get it welded but was told it was in a bad spot where it broke and the aluminum is brittle. Looked like its molded or cast.

Was hoping someone had one laying around. I know my setup works for now and it's secure. Just was hoping to get that clean look back on the right side. Any help would be appreciated for sure.
so i dont have an extra rt-1 exhaust bracket but i do have a an extra yosh bracket ill test and see if it fits my rt-1s and if it does ill send it to you for shipping.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:33 PM
Squid

Thanks Apocalypse! Worth a try! Appreciate the help guys!
Old 04-08-2015, 10:35 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

I tried to get it welded but was told it was in a bad spot where it broke and the aluminum is brittle. Looked like it's molded or cast
Eh that's B.S. a good TIG welder can weld a soda can. I welded a very similar bracket back when I took my first welding class and I was/am NO expert. Jardine made them out of aluminum-some polished and some chrome plated. If they're chrome I suppose you'd just have to grind it off in the area being welded. Then you can carefully grind the weld down and polish it. If you take them to a muffler shop and some hillbilly pulls out his MIG welder forget about it, it has to be TIG welded, it's much prettier and more precise. Try a place that say welds tuna towers (sorry I live in Florida, nevermind) or custom fab work like a race car shop, etc. The brackets are beautiful but I think they cut too much out of the center and it makes them kinda frail.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:57 PM
Squid

That's true. Weak in the middle. Broke at an angle along the bend. Killed me cause they are nice looking but so hard to get now. I am sure there is a place that can do it around here but I tried one place in town here and gave up. Just wanted to ride so I fabbed up a couple plates and mounted them to the bracket for support.

Worst case I will just leave it for now and work on getting a machine shop to fab me some custom brackets using the left one as a template. Not the end of the world cause it's working now. Just one of those things that I know is there and I feel like I have to fix it! Hahaha.

I'm going to repack them next week once my loose fill comes in from AreaP so that's what got me looking.
Old 04-09-2015, 03:00 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Post a pic of what you need. I might have something in my parts bin.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:46 AM
Squid

Cranken here is a pic of the right side hanger I need.
Attached Thumbnails WTB: Jardine high-mount exhaust hangers-right-bracket.jpg  
Old 04-09-2015, 08:13 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

Cranken here is a pic of the right side hanger I need.

Sorry I don't have the part in the photo.

But I might have an RT-1 muffler clamp in good condition if you only need one of those. (I think I have 2 of them but one was broken at a mounting tab and repaired with pop rivets.)
Old 04-09-2015, 08:16 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by CrankenFine
Sorry I don't have the part in the photo.

But I might have an RT-1 muffler clamp in good condition if you only need one of those. (I think I have 2 of them but one was broken at a mounting tab and repaired with pop rivets.)
Great! I will take that good clamp for sure! Let me know what you want for it and I can send paypal or chase quickpay today.

Thanks!!
Old 04-09-2015, 08:21 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

Great! I will take that good clamp for sure! Let me know what you want for it and I can send paypal or chase quickpay today.

Thanks!!
I'll post a pic of both first so you see what they look like and be sure you want either or both. (w apologies to the Cap'n . Jardine made more than one type - I know 'cause I had a set of each.)
Old 04-09-2015, 10:40 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

I'll post a pic of both first so you see what they look like and be sure you want either or both. (w apologies to the Cap'n . Jardine made more than one type - I know 'cause I had a set of each.)
Correct I meant they're the same size for all Rt-One cans so I was surprised they didn't have something to fit
Old 04-09-2015, 07:45 PM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

Sorry to post so late... long day at work.

Shots of both clamps, couple sides of the good one and one shot of the pop rivet repaired one. I don't know... how about $15 for the good one, $10 for the repaired one with shipping additional.

LMK if you want either or both or neither. When I bought a set in stainless steel from Jardine a year or so ago I believe they charged me $35 each.
Attached Thumbnails WTB: Jardine high-mount exhaust hangers-img_1507.jpg   WTB: Jardine high-mount exhaust hangers-img_1499.jpg   WTB: Jardine high-mount exhaust hangers-img_1502.jpg   WTB: Jardine high-mount exhaust hangers-img_1504.jpg  
Old 04-10-2015, 10:09 AM
Squid

Sorry to post so late... long day at work.

Shots of both clamps, couple sides of the good one and one shot of the pop rivet repaired one. I don't know... how about $15 for the good one, $10 for the repaired one with shipping additional.

LMK if you want either or both or neither. When I bought a set in stainless steel from Jardine a year or so ago I believe they charged me $35 each.
Thanks Cranken, as long as you think they will fit the round cans I will take them both. My set is the older style round set. PM me the total shipped and I can send it via paypal.
Thanks!
Old 04-10-2015, 10:45 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

Thanks Cranken, as long as you think they will fit the round cans I will take them both. My set is the older style round set. PM me the total shipped and I can send it via paypal.
Thanks!
Whoops! My mistake. I totally missed the part where you indicated yours are round. Mine are from the ovals so they would not fit. I expect they'd crack and fail if reshaped that much. Sorry I could not help.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:34 PM
Squid

Whoops! My mistake. I totally missed the part where you indicated yours are round. Mine are from the ovals so they would not fit. I expect they'd crack and fail if reshaped that much. Sorry I could not help.
No worries Cranken!! Thanks for looking for me.

Bump! Still looking for the clamp and bracket if anyone can help please let me know.