Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

WTB Honda CB or CM 250 Engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 06:38 AM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
WTB Honda CB or CM 250 Engine

I have a friend who's son bought himself a 91 nighthawk and bad things have happened to it. I will quote his post here

Originally Posted by 01YZF6

the most important thing is my sons nighthawk 250.

the short and the long:
I need to find a 1991 or newer RUNNING/SHIFTING Honda nighthawk/rebel 250 motor ASAP and ACAP ! (as cheeeeeaaaap as possible)

for the long story read on....

the gist of the situation as best as I can gather. someone in the last 3 weeks drained the oil from my sons bike. he rode it, and the cam bearings melted to aluminum mush.
he must have an angel on his shoulder, because he was riding home, and a tooth on the rear sprocket broke and jumped the chain. it fell off and he immediately pulled over. 2 blocks from home no less... had this not happened, he may have continued to ride it, and the motor/trans could have locked up at 45 mph and forced the bike to go down. thank goodness it did not happen this way.

we got the chain back on, and upon riding it to the house, a loud squawking noise was coming from the motor. friend and I find out there is no oil in the bike, and it was less than a 1000 miles since the last oil change, which I did and KNOW there was the proper oil in there. further inspection for leaks, cracks, oil soaked areas, etc reveals NOTHING!!! the ONLY area where there is even a slight bit of oil is around the drain plug, which was barely snugged down.
I can only surmise that IF there was a leak at the drain plug, there would be some evidence that supports that as the cause. (smears of oil all down the bottom of the bike, oil pan wet, swingarm/frame wet?) NOTHING!

My son told me today that about 2 weeks ago, 2 older kids down the street, (1 is kind of a real punk) wanted to ride it and my son said no. they would not let him by and kept antagonizing my son with nasty comments and grabbing at the bike.
, I spoke with the kids Father today, who did not seem to really care as they were over 16 and pretty much do what they want without supervision.
so is it possible that these douchebags sabotaged my sons bike and drained the oil? lordy help them if I find out they did!

as I have nowhere to rebuild it myself, a good friend has offered to help me swap out the motor.
a top end rebuild would cost more than it is worth, and no guarantee that there is not extensive damage in the bottom end.

so now I am on the hunt for a running/shifting 250 nighthawk or rebel motor.

thanks for reading, and if you have any ideas or lines on one, for CHEEEEEEAP, please let me know!

Anyway if anyone has an engine they would like to let go of cheap and help me get it to him in Dothan AL please let me know. I know his boy and he is a good kid that doesn't deserve this, one of the most respectable youngens I know
Old 10-12-2013, 10:09 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
honda rebel 2003

About a half hour from me...sorry I know it's not exactly cheap when you can buy an entire bike for that much...
Old 10-12-2013, 10:16 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

2000 00 Honda Rebel CMX CMX250 250 Engine Motor 543 Miles | eBay

Again not cheap but free shipping and only 543 miles...
Old 10-12-2013, 10:19 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Really sucks by the way I'm sorry to hear that. Thankfully he wasn't hurt. I hope it was something else and those little bastards weren't actually mean enough to do that.