Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

WTB Forks and triple trees

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Squid

Ranger Ryan is on a distinguished road
WTB Forks and triple trees

Hey all,

I was recently in a minor traffic accident (not my fault) where I was hit by a negligent driver on my 1998 Superhawk. The driver cut a corner way too sharp and hit me while I was stopped at a traffic light. Anyway the only damage to the bike was scrapes to the Yoshi pipes, left faring, turn signal and the triple trees and forks were twisted. I had a local shop (Southbay Motorsports) do a accident assessment and concluded that the frame was still straight but the triple trees were bent, the steering stem was broken and forks were slightly creased. I have the insurance check from the negligent drivers insurance company to do the repairs on the motorcycle. Southbay says they can "probably fix them in a vise" or order a new set for $500.00.

What I am looking for is a good set of forks and triple trees for my Superhawk. They don't need to have any modifications, trick valving or springs. Just a stock set will work fine. I am sure I can do the repairs myself so let me know what you have! I wanted to try here first before I spend money at a shop when I can do the same work. Thanks for looking!

Ryan
Old 09-26-2008, 02:07 PM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
PM sent.

J.