Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Sharkskinz lower for sale - taking off tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 08:50 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

joshuatest is an unknown quantity at this point
Sharkskinz lower for sale - taking off tomorrow

I've got a Sharkskinz lower that I actually purchased on here from CaptainChaos (i think)

anyway... I'm test fitting the RC51 fairings in the morning... and don't plan on putting the sharkskinz back on since I'll be doing fairing swap anyway.

If anyone is interested in it. Let me know...

It is currently painted black. It was on during my accident last year, but only had a couple very small chips in it, in which I repaired. However i never did repaint it. I sanded the places i fixed, and ended up spraying it in black to put back on this summer. Was debating a custom paint job so just never finished it.

so its a very usable black now.

I think I gave $175 for it used, so I guess if somebody wants it now for the same $175 used... I'll cover shipping cost...
Old 08-10-2009, 02:59 PM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
so, you bought it for $175, then you crashed with it on, and now you want the same amount? does anybody else think that's hopelessly optimistic?
Old 08-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Honducati
SuperSport

jbaxx is on a distinguished road
It's in worse condition than when you got it?
Old 08-10-2009, 04:17 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

Originally Posted by joshuatest
couple very small chips in it, in which I repaired.

I think I gave $175 for it used, so I guess if somebody wants it now for the same $175 used... I'll cover shipping cost...
Well apparently not everyone takes the time to read...

I purchased this USED!!! on this forum and not in 100% brand new condition... It had PRIMER ON IT WHEN I BOUGHT IT... just so that is clear...

I fixed a couple small things on it when i got it, and painted it.. Wrecked with it on the bike and only caused a couple small chips on the edges of the left side.... IN WHICH I REPAIRED... again... listed in my original listing...

I sanded it down and instead of priming and repainting, I just painted black so be usable until i was ready for paint... Now... If someone wants to paint it, they will need to sand it, primer it, and paint it... same as if you purchased any other used product unless it was already color matched, in which it would be more valuable...

There is a USED one on ebay right now for $175 PLUS shipping... and actually, i do believe that i paid $175 plus shipping... But yes... I purchased a used product and am selling a used product... and unless sharkzkinz has lower pricing due to the economy, I'm pretty sure this product has not depreciated since my purchase....

So.. If you are not interested, then don't buy it... if you wanna make a offer of something else... shoot it to me, won't promise i'll take it but no harm done...... if u don't want it... have a nice day... simple as that
Old 08-10-2009, 04:17 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

Originally Posted by jbaxx
It's in worse condition than when you got it?
No...
Old 08-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Who are you?
SuperSport

Just_Nick is on a distinguished road
You crashed with it, it is in worse condition.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:26 PM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
aahh!

please guys lets not nit pick...
Old 08-10-2009, 04:28 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

you know i've had a long day so i know i'm on edge... but its fiberglass... and was repaired... and it wasn't new when i got it... it was used and had minor cracks already...

how does it being in a crash make it worse... my seat was on my bike when it crashed... but its in the same condition as before.. my wheels where in the crash... nothing changed about them.. the sharkskinz lower is fairly narrow and actually didn't even make contact with the pavement.... my upper and exhaust and clip on's took all the abuse...

its been repaired and on my bikek for over a year now since after the accident...

if you don't want it... don't buy it...

$175 shipped for a sharkskinz lower fairing is not a high price... it may not be a steal... but i'm not giving a perfectly good fairing away because a few guy's have it in there heads that because it was involved in a accident a year ago and was repaired, that its not any good... doesn't make since...

and does anybody know that it wasn't crashed with before me buying it? i mean he told me he got it from somebody else... so i'm the 3rd owner that i know of...
Old 08-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Crash
Superstock

COLE is on a distinguished road
they r $175 brand new all day long on ebay store painted color matched
Old 08-11-2009, 09:08 AM
996 new guy
Superstock

FireRescue is on a distinguished road
Not sharkskinz... those are ABS plastic knock offs... you take your chances
Old 08-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
Old 08-11-2009, 10:23 AM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

Originally Posted by COLE
they r $175 brand new all day long on ebay store painted color matched
FireRescue is correct... Those are not Sharkskinz...

Sharkskinz lower fairings sell for $258 new PLUS shipping... and they are unpainted.

I honestly haven't seen the $175 ebay ones that are color matched though.... that may be, but honestly i have not seen anything new and color matched that cheap.. but after having experience with knock off brand plastics and even fiberglass fairings from no name company's, sharkskinz products are WAY better made, and hold up... So yes.. Take your chances with the knock off stuff...

I will post picture tonight. I send a couple pics to someone who PM'd me about them when first listed, but they where literally only off the bike for 5 min when the picture was taken, so it was increadibly dirty... I'll clean it up tonight and post a picture. Its got a little speed bump rash on the bottom that i didn't see untill taking it off... So unless somebody buys it while its still black, I'm probably gonna sand it down and and spray some primer back on it to make it easier to work with for the next buyer.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Superstock

andy9743 is on a distinguished road
come on guys i enjoy this forum becasue we don't have the hate that others have, free bump get some pics up seems like a fair deal, someone is always looking for a lower it'll be gone quick.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:41 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by swordfish
so, you bought it for $175, then you crashed with it on, and now you want the same amount? does anybody else think that's hopelessly optimistic?

If you don't like his price, you don't have to buy it, nor comment on it. If he wants to sell it for $500 then that's his prerogative. Why would you come into his for sale ad and make him defend his price? You should applaud him for being honest about the history of it. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by inderocker; 08-11-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

calitoz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by inderocker
If you don't like his price, you don't have to buy it, nor comment on it. If he wants to sell it for $500 then that's his prerogative. Why would you come into his for sale ad and make him defend his price? You should applaud him for being honest about the history of it. Just my 2 cents.
+1

Just to let you all know..old Capt bought it from me originally. I sold him the whole set then bought the upper back to modify for my Streetfighter. In the transaction, UPS made a killing. The whole thing is made of fiberglass and easily repairable so the price might be very reasonable depending on the repair

Last edited by calitoz; 08-11-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:14 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

Sorry... Wifey broke our computer and i haven't had anything but work computer for a few day's.... I sanded this thing down tonight, and am gonna prime it good tomorrow....

so i'll post pictures in the morning...
Old 08-18-2009, 05:55 AM
Superstock

steve.g is on a distinguished road
pm sent...
Old 08-18-2009, 12:03 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by inderocker
easy there, I'm not the only one to do a double take at his price. we saw "I bought it for $175" we saw "I crashed with it" and we saw "I'm selling it for $175". as Just_Nick said, you crashed it, its in worse condition. even if you repair it and gold plate the damn thing, as far as pricing goes, its still considered worse condition than before. Its a bold move to try and sell it for what you bought it for. I'm not saying he's trying to scam anybody, and the part may very well be fine. but even undamaged parts don't sell for what you bought them for all the time, even among us. so why would a crashed part (I know its been repaired)warrant the previously bought price? either way, its not the first time someone has questioned the prices in this section. there is nothing wrong with questioning a price if things don't add up. He gave his explanation, and I believe him that the part is worth $175. but I still think I was justified in wanting some explanation. oh and being honest about parts history shouldn't earn you "applause". at least here, its expected. what kind of dick would be dishonest to fellow forum members? that's MY 2 cents
Old 08-18-2009, 09:24 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

wow... there are some pretty thick skulls around here... hope you guy's remember this stuff when you go to sell anything... if you wanna have a damn depreciation value discussion, i'm sure there are TONS of car dealers out there that really are upselling you could go harass.

I guess next time instead of offering something up for sale on here with a honest description and price, i should just post it on ebay so that more than likely someone who is probably even a member on here could pay more for it without knowing the history?

There is a pending sale on it...

So you guy's can quit crying over it now.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:35 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

we saw "I bought it for $175" we saw "I crashed with it" and we saw "I'm selling it for $175". as Just_Nick said, you crashed it, its in worse condition. even if you repair it and gold plate the damn thing, as far as pricing goes, its still considered worse condition than before.
wow... some people just want to flaunt there simple minds huh...

first off... you did a good job of showing everyone that even though i gave a good detail of the history, you only read the purchase price, the crash part, and the selling price..

and apparently you and Just Nick completely missed the fact that it was purchased used on this website.

It was painted red at one point before i got it, as i discovered when prepping to paint it. I had to do some minor repair work when i got it at my fair cost, did some more minor repair work after the very small chips it got when I went down. so in all honesty... even if it where broken in two pieces... how exactly do you figure it is now in worse condition that when it was purchased? i mean seriously? i very well could have purchased it in 4 pieces...

point is still... if your not interested, then don't buy it... But this is a online forum for people who ride the same bikes. The site is here to offer help... And as a perk, it gives a common meeting ground to sell and trade with other superhawk owners. instead of using ebay and getting as much as you can, you have the option to state a willing to sell price, and if someone feels its worth that to them, they can buy without having to play bidding wars with other buyers like they would on ebay and other auction sites.

however.. you and others, who apparently had no interest in the fairing decided you would try and degrade the integrity of the seller and the product being sold. and without good reasoning... yes, i said it was crashed with, but i also said it was purchased used. so you are comparing its condition after the crash to an imaginary condition that you believe it would have been in when i purchased it...

So anyway.... thanks to asshats like yourself. once my RC51 fairing swap is done, I probably won't bother wasting time listing my stock fairings here, If i'm gonna be made out to be a ****, i might as well milk it on ebay....

all the other members on the site can thank people like you for helping keep the deals out of the SuperHawkForum classifieds, and putting them in auctions elsewhere.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Squid

Gorwin64 is on a distinguished road

my2cents

first off... you did a good job of showing everyone that even though i gave a good detail of the history, you only read the purchase price, the crash part, and the selling price..

and apparently you and Just Nick completely missed the fact that it was purchased used on this website.

It was painted red at one point before i got it, as i discovered when prepping to paint it. I had to do some minor repair work when i got it at my fair cost, did some more minor repair work after the very small chips it got when I went down. so in all honesty... even if it where broken in two pieces... how exactly do you figure it is now in worse condition that when it was purchased? i mean seriously? i very well could have purchased it in 4 pieces...

point is still... if your not interested, then don't buy it... But this is a online forum for people who ride the same bikes. The site is here to offer help... And as a perk, it gives a common meeting ground to sell and trade with other superhawk owners. instead of using ebay and getting as much as you can, you have the option to state a willing to sell price, and if someone feels its worth that to them, they can buy without having to play bidding wars with other buyers like they would on ebay and other auction sites.

however.. you and others, who apparently had no interest in the fairing decided you would try and degrade the integrity of the seller and the product being sold. and without good reasoning... yes, i said it was crashed with, but i also said it was purchased used. so you are comparing its condition after the crash to an imaginary condition that you believe it would have been in when i purchased it...

So anyway.... thanks to asshats like yourself. once my RC51 fairing swap is done, I probably won't bother wasting time listing my stock fairings here, If i'm gonna be made out to be a ****, i might as well milk it on ebay....

all the other members on the site can thank people like you for helping keep the deals out of the SuperHawkForum classifieds, and putting them in auctions elsewhere.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:45 AM
Mercenary for hire
Squid

MTHAWK is on a distinguished road
Lower

Hey bro stay strong, don't forget me on that swap info. You could always do what i do in cases like these, i've been known to destroy the product in front of hagglers faces. You stated that you were willing to negotiate on the price. What else really needs to be said. It's real simple when you see an add in the paper and its over priced, do you write the guy a letter telling him that! you say to yourself too high for me and drive on. If i had the extra money i would buy it from you just to dixie stomp on it!!! Cheers brother!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 11:22 AM
SuperSport

"simple minds" huh? "asshat"? what are you? six? look, I stated that you were right. I said I believed the part was worth what you said it was. nobody was trying to degrade your integrity. Although I gotta say, your little tantrum makes me wonder why so defensive? and sorry but I think its a safe assumption that a crashed piece was in better shape before the crash. call me crazy. I will try to cope without having your used broken then fixed stuff to buy. if this guy's hyssie fit persists, then I apologize to the other forum members for "keeping the deals out of the SuperHawkForum classifieds".lol
Old 08-19-2009, 06:38 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

you are seriously an idiot...

Its not about you not having my broken stuff to buy... Its about you not even being interested in it, but wanting to step in and degrade it. you didn't just question the condition, you assumed it and then went with your assumption.

I posted it here with a fair price and am including shipping. By fair... I mean a quality product, in used condition, with a very honest description. I checked what others where selling them for on here (i believe the last one I saw was 200 plus shipping in a long list of other items for sale) and on ebay they are $175 plus shipping for a very thin fiberglass generic model.

So thank you for your attempt to complicate things... The fairing is sold.

Mod's... feel free to close the thread, and hell.. you could even ban me for flaming this idiot.

Last edited by joshuatest; 08-19-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:53 PM
FNG
Squid

EasyTube is on a distinguished road
15/43 sprockets-youlikey?

Hey-

How are those 15/43 sprockets workin out for you?
How bout the turbo(Yikes!)?

Pat-newbie to the forum-just purchased an 02 Hawk Yesterday
Old 08-19-2009, 07:01 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

Originally Posted by EasyTube
Hey-

How are those 15/43 sprockets workin out for you?
How bout the turbo(Yikes!)?

Pat-newbie to the forum-just purchased an 02 Hawk Yesterday
No turbo... lol Just one of those things I snuck into my sig to see who all would catch it.

The 15/43 was a little much for me. I live out in the country and do about 15+ miles interstate riding to/from work when i ride. Plus like doing 100-200 mile rides on a regular basis. I originally went -1 front, liked it but added +2 and while it was fun, it took the front back to stock.

At a recent tire change to 2CT's front/rear i went back stock... I liked the interstate riding more, but coming off of a +2 rear, it just lacked the extra grunt that I had grown to like. So i quickly went back to a +2 rear.

I debated leaving rear stock and just swapping front in/out when i'm going on long rides, but its not all that much more easy to do front than rear. Since you have to loosen chain up to swap them anyway, might as well just pull rear wheel and swap rears..

I think the 15/43 with a 520 conversion would be better. (at least that's what i hear)
Old 08-19-2009, 08:28 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
I don't think I've ever seen someone get their ***** busted so much trying to sell something. It's a fair price. He said it was chipped not smashed. Shipping alone probably would cost at least $30. Seriously just put the damn thing on ebay and save yourself the trouble...I'm sure someone will be more than happy to give you at least $150 for it plus the shipping.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:30 PM
OUCH... MY A$$ HURTS!!!
SuperSport

Originally Posted by captainchaos
I don't think I've ever seen someone get their ***** busted so much trying to sell something. It's a fair price. He said it was chipped not smashed. Shipping alone probably would cost at least $30. Seriously just put the damn thing on ebay and save yourself the trouble...I'm sure someone will be more than happy to give you at least $150 for it plus the shipping.
Thanks man... Its sold... but its just a PITA to have to deal with this much BS to try and sell something.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:20 PM
SuperSport

you are seriously an idiot...

Its not about you not having my broken stuff to buy... Its about you not even being interested in it, but wanting to step in and degrade it. you didn't just question the condition, you assumed it and then went with your assumption.

I posted it here with a fair price and am including shipping. By fair... I mean a quality product, in used condition, with a very honest description. I checked what others where selling them for on here (i believe the last one I saw was 200 plus shipping in a long list of other items for sale) and on ebay they are $175 plus shipping for a very thin fiberglass generic model.

So thank you for your attempt to complicate things... The fairing is sold.

Mod's... feel free to close the thread, and hell.. you could even ban me for flaming this idiot.

ok, I'll try again,

He gave his explanation, and I believe him that the part is worth $175.

look, I stated that you were right. I said I believed the part was worth what you said it was. nobody was trying to degrade your integrity.
can you read? quit stomping our feet and open your damn eyes. you officially no longer have any reason to bitch. I don't get you. I responded acknowledging your position, and you come back with insults. I responded again, still agreeing with you, and you come back with more insults. after you explained why the part was worth your stated price, I believed you. I said that. I just wanted you to understand what things looked like from an outside perspective. but you didn't get it. so I've come to the conclusion that you are incapable comprehending anything past the first post I wrote. (where I asked if you were being optimistic) because regardless of what I said in the following posts, you still seemed to repeat your grievances about the first one. so I'm done trying to talk to you like an adult. throw some more insults. I'm sure you won't understand what I've written anyway.

and captainchaos, what the hell man? I'm surprised at you. who's been throwing the insults around? the most ballbusting I did was ask if he wasn't being optimistic. thats it. after that, it was clarifying why I felt ASKING was justified, and ultimately coming to AGREE with him about the price being fair. I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself. this whole thing should have been over after my second post. take a good look at what I wrote, you'll see that the only reason it seems like he's getting his ***** busted, is because he won't stop bitching. about a non-issue.

Last edited by swordfish; 08-20-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Superstock

skoshere is on a distinguished road
this is why I come here and not Speedzilla, in the end we can all get along!

Quick Reply: Sharkskinz lower for sale - taking off tomorrow