Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Sargent seat w/ red piping $325

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Squid

Skipperdabio
Sargent seat w/ red piping $325

Howdy I have a Sargent seat for sale that has only a couple hundred miles on it. I bought it new and ended up having to sell my bike. This seat is as close to brand new as it gets. Can email pictures as I don't know how to post them in threads. Call Paul 425-343-4670
Old 09-05-2009, 01:16 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
If you are willing to ship it to Sweden I'll take it...
Old 09-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Back Marker

asdf33 is on a distinguished road
PM sent
Old 09-08-2009, 10:39 AM
Back Marker

01SuperChicken is on a distinguished road
Let me know if it's still available. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:41 AM
MotoGP

He hasn't answeared to PM's... So I dunno...
Old 09-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Squid

Skipperdabio
going through them right now
Old 09-09-2009, 08:24 AM
Back Marker

replied to pm
Old 09-09-2009, 09:33 AM
MotoGP

Which means you treated it as asdf33 was first? Just asking... I sent PM as soon as I posted... So in terms of that I'd believe me to be first on the list, but then you might not wan't to ship to Sweden...
Old 09-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Back Marker

tbartley is on a distinguished road
Has this sold yet?
Old 09-11-2009, 10:38 AM
MotoGP

You tell me... I'm out irregardless... If people won't answear a PM and give a reason if exluding me I have no desire to deal with them...

This guy is not getting a thumbs up from me...
Old 09-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Back Marker

Kators is on a distinguished road
You tell me... I'm out irregardless... If people won't answear a PM and give a reason if exluding me I have no desire to deal with them...
I know EXACTLY where your coming from. I PM'd a guy about some parts, never heard back, not a yes or no. I even posted the same day, never anything there either...
Old 09-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Back Marker

tbartley is on a distinguished road
Here's another example...never heard from the guy. https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=18829 It does get to be old....
Old 09-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Back Marker

Kators is on a distinguished road
*sigh* That it does, that it does. I was going to point out, although the last time I tried to give a pointer on a price, I got a PM saying that was not nice... Deal with it maybe? Anyways, Sargent Seats, brand new, are not a whole lot more than what this guy was selling his for. I am curious though, is there a ton of difference with a Corbin than there is a Sargent?
Old 09-11-2009, 03:54 PM
SuperBike

trinc is on a distinguished road
how about a thread hijack ?

i might be willing to sell my corbin w/ lady backrest thing ...
i bought it from this site for $265 shipped iirc

tim
Old 09-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Back Marker

trinc, i'm interested in your corbin. why not start a new thread and post some pics?
Old 09-11-2009, 07:44 PM
SuperBike

trinc is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by asdf33
trinc, i'm interested in your corbin. why not start a new thread and post some pics?
i bought it from bill

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=16671

tim
Old 09-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Squid

Skipperdabio
Sorry about not getting back to you. I put my phone number on the post. I recieved a call before your pm. I put my phone number on the post for the reason that I'm not around a computer all the time. Thanks for the interest.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:14 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Skipperdabio
Sorry about not getting back to you. I put my phone number on the post. I recieved a call before your pm. I put my phone number on the post for the reason that I'm not around a computer all the time. Thanks for the interest.
Well... Easy answear... I awake when you sleep... I'm in Sweden...
No harm, no foul...
Old 09-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Back Marker

He responded to me.

I found this during our discussions.

$329 shipped.

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...0--617409.html

I would prefer the corbin with the backrest, to encourage my wife to ride with me on occasion...but...price is a factor.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:46 PM
MotoGP

I think both 01SuperChicken and Skipperdabio could benefit from reading here... https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10470

These are the rules for the for sale forum... They would clearly state that PM's are the way to form a tangible way of "queing up"... Not phone... Which I will not use as like I said I'm in a completely different time zone & cost for a call to the US is ridiculous...

But as I said... No harm no foul... I'm walking away from this sale...

Oh, and thanks for the link, but you might have noticed... I'm not in the US!

So, no... It's not anyway near $329 shipped, as they infact refuse to deal with me outside the US unless I pay in advance by money order and then triple the price in shipping... That's a nice little hassle that you in the US doesn't have to deal with... It seems about one in 5 US companies have yet to discover the rest of the world... You should probably be grateful the rest of the world is a bit less hesitant to send to you... How'd you like to have this answear to your attempt to purchase something from a company... "Oh, you'r not in the EU?! Well, no... We won't ship to the US, unless you send us your creditcard and pincode... Oh, you prefer not to?! Oh then just send the money cash in a plain envelope... I'm sure it will arrive someday..."
Old 09-12-2009, 02:03 PM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
I agree that U.S. companies should perhaps be a bit more understanding when dealing with overseas sales. But you have to look at the truth of it, is the very small percentage worth the very large headache? I'm not saying yes or no. Just food for thought.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:23 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by drew_c14
I agree that U.S. companies should perhaps be a bit more understanding when dealing with overseas sales. But you have to look at the truth of it, is the very small percentage worth the very large headache? I'm not saying yes or no. Just food for thought.
Well, to some point understandable... If I had been in a 3'rd world country where they still shipped packets by mule's... It takes me less time to get some packets than it would across the US... And with the same accuracy...

So how is it less safe if I order and pay through the same methods as a US resident? Paypal or credit card works the same regardless of where my computer happens to be when I use them...

Again it's a case of "us not them"... Tell a US citizen that your company won't deal with him unless he pays upfront and you get a stark raving mad person on the phone... Get the same back and you are expected to just "deal with it", since you are not a US resident you are clearly not important...

Sorry... A bit of venting... I'm not "anti US"... but I am beginning to be anti "US is the worlds bestest place people"...

The popular European preconception about the average US residents knowing less about their surrounding world than third graders in our schools know about your country and it's history isn't that far fetched... I'd say the kids around here could probably compete on even ground with yours... But then turn it around and ask your kids anything about Europe and it's history and see what happens...
Old 09-12-2009, 02:43 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
When I was tube dealing, it got to where I couldn't ship to Spain or South Korea. Some US companies don't want the hassle of always having people haggle about things they have no control over, like shipping, dues, fees, tariffs, duties, etc. etc. I can't tell you how many people overseas got pissy when they did not read the shipping details and wanted me to ship via clipper ship, no customs and a declared value of 1 cent with no insurance on hundred dollar auctions...
Old 09-12-2009, 04:24 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by LineArrayNut
When I was tube dealing, it got to where I couldn't ship to Spain or South Korea. Some US companies don't want the hassle of always having people haggle about things they have no control over, like shipping, dues, fees, tariffs, duties, etc. etc. I can't tell you how many people overseas got pissy when they did not read the shipping details and wanted me to ship via clipper ship, no customs and a declared value of 1 cent with no insurance on hundred dollar auctions...
And that never happened in reverse?! Damn... Now I'll have to go back and apologize to all those a-holes...

The not reading thing is universal... Goes both ways... Just fun to be on the recieveing end of the fallout, since I do happen to read the details, and fully understand the fun about customs and such... I kind of calculate it into the price to begin with...

I'm not going to try to count the number of times I have been rather impolitely told to * off for asking quite literally "Would you consider shipping to Sweden, and if so what shipping cost. I am aware of fee's and duties, and will calculate them myself..."

That's fun...
Old 09-12-2009, 04:56 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Yes, it has happened in reverse. I was pissed about it too because it seemed so trivial to me but insurmountable which ramped it up even further.

I wanted to buy a pair of leather jeans that were not stocked by stateside retailers. I found a shop in London that not only sold the pants but had them in stock.

I called them and ordered the jeans. At first everything seemed fine. They could charge my card and ship the jeans. Then there's a small problem. Their company doesn't pay insurance for export so the deal is off. Insurance on a ******* pair of leather jeans - are you kidding?

The next day I call the salesman back and tell him that this is all bullshit and I will just send him the cash in the mail and he can send me the jeans.

"They may be listening. Please do not call me anymore. It may cost me my job. I'm sorry I cannot help."

Got too much government?

Last edited by nuhawk; 09-12-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:16 PM
MotoGP

Doubt it had anything to do with the gubermint... Probably store bigwigs that was just as moronic as bigwigs tend to be...

Which ever way it hits... It's stupid and pisses people off... "Free trade", my ***... That's in the same category as "Freedom" and "Democracy" and all the other Big Words that usually means the little people get trampled on... And unfortunately tramples on each other...
Old 09-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by Tweety
I think both 01SuperChicken and Skipperdabio could benefit from reading here... https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10470
Since you called my name out, I am obligated to respond, but won't continue the thread-jacking, as has occurred.

I did PM. He is selling the seat, so it is his prerogative regarding whom to sell his wares. I'm sure he was just looking for a quick, easy, local sale.

It's obvious to me that he doesn't want to ship overseas. Whether or not he communicated that concern to you...I do not know. Some just have an issue.

Step back, take a breath, stop thread-ranting.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:34 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by 01SuperChicken
Since you called my name out, I am obligated to respond, but won't continue the thread-jacking, as has occurred.

I did PM. He is selling the seat, so it is his prerogative regarding whom to sell his wares. I'm sure he was just looking for a quick, easy, local sale.

It's obvious to me that he doesn't want to ship overseas. Whether or not he communicated that concern to you...I do not know. Some just have an issue.

Step back, take a breath, stop thread-ranting.
If you think I have an issue, you are right... I do have an issue with people not dealing upfront... To me that includes not replying, which Skipperdabio didn't... In my first post I was 100% upfront about the fact that I wasn't US resident... And I do believe that was why he passed me over... This I have no issue with... Not having the ***** to say that, I do have an issue with...

You I have no issue with at all... As I said, thankful for the link and thought...

Yeah... I have been ranting... But I'll keep doing that as long as anyone tries to make me accept that I should be treated different since I'm overseas... I accept that people do that... I don't accept people I have some respect for defends it...
Old 09-13-2009, 12:57 PM
Squid

Skipperdabio
It's not that I don't have the ***** to say no, I don't have the time. You need to understand that not just me but people in general don't want to ship overseas. I apologize that I didn't write that in the original post but get over it. You are acting like a dipshit. Now I know that all those swedish jokes I've heard over the years are true. By the way I feel really bad for not selling to you now. lol
Old 09-13-2009, 02:13 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Skipperdabio
I don't have the ***** to say no, I don't have the time. You need to understand that not just me but people in general don't want to ship overseas. I apologize that I didn't write that in the original post but get over it. You are acting like a dipshit. Now I know that all those swedish jokes I've heard over the years are true. By the way I feel really bad for not selling to you now. lol
I don't have the time and I don't have the ***** to say no.

swedish jokes?

OK, so dirty monkey jokes are off limits now, too. Randy says I gotta quit saying Paddy-****.

You want to post to our classifieds? Be a gentleman about it because if you're not - word gets around. You have 13 posts - what do you know about the bike?

Here's what you can know about us:

You should hope so. I agreed to buy the parts - I'm just not about being ripped off on shipping. The USPS Priority boxes (12"x12"x5") ship anywhere in the US for $13.50. UPS ships from any zip in the SD area for $17.38. This entire thread will be posted on the forum and you could possibly be banned from further sales through the classifieds based on your behavior. Thanks a ******* bunch, Dirtbag!
----- Original Message -----
To: ghgc@austin.rr.com
Sent: Thursday, July 23, 2009 10:06 PM
Subject: RE: pixs

Thanks for the interest, but I just sold them to another member on the forum.
If I happen to find another one, I'll let you know. I think I may have another one somewhere since I had 3 of these bikes.

Ricky

To: modai_@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: pixs
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 17:40:06 -0500

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P{padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;}.ExternalClass BODY.EC_hmmessage{font-family:Verdana;font-size:10pt;}These are cast aluminum parts. This shipping quote sounds way high to me. I have shipped parts all over the world so I have a little experience. What is your zip code? I'll see if I can create a label and send it to you. Thanks, Doug
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 11:59 PM

I did a calculations on shipping through USPS and looks like it is gonna be about $35 bucks to ship it. So your looking at total $75 shipped. Shipping is almost as high as the part! But I am letting it go pretty cheap. LMK

Ricky

Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 19:45:42 -0500

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P{padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;}.ExternalClass BODY.EC_hmmessage{font-family:Verdana;font-size:10pt;}San Diego is a little out of my pick-up zone! Hahaha!

Doug Reynolds
6914 McNeil Drive
Austin, Texas 78729

Thanks again!
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 7:05 PM

What is your mailing address so I can calculate shipping unless you want to pick it up.

Ricky

Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 09:26:41 -0500

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P{padding-bottom:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;padding-top:0px;}.ExternalClass BODY.EC_hmmessage{font-family:Verdana;font-size:10pt;}These look really good, Ricky! Do you want me to PayPal to this address or some other form of payment. LMK and thanks for the photos. Regards, Doug
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:46 AM
Subject: pixs

here are some pixs of the cover. No scratches on the cover. It was sitting in storage for years, so just a little dirty. LMK

Ricky

Quick Reply: Sargent seat w/ red piping $325