Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

For Sale - 2003 Super Hawk

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Squid

txsuperhawk is on a distinguished road
For Sale - 2003 Super Hawk

Hate to sell my Hawk but we expecting our first child. 2003 Honda Super Hawk 996, Good Condition, ~15,000 miles, serviced less than 1000 miles ago. Has the following options:

* Two Brothers Exhaust
* Dynojet
* K&N Filter
* Undertail Kit
* Flushmount Signals

Previous owner dropped on right side causing a scratch on the right corner of fairing and the right exhaust to be pushed in slightly (see photos). Both blemishes are very minor and most people do not notice them. I have enjoyed this bike more than any other sport bike I have owned and would own it indefinitely if we were not expecting.

I started advertising locally for $4800, no interest, recently lowered to $4200.00, I think the bike is worth $4200.00 but if I got an offer somewhere close to $4200 I will probably let it go. PM or call Mike @ 210-347-5768 if you are interested. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails For Sale - 2003 Super Hawk-img_3814.jpg   For Sale - 2003 Super Hawk-img_3810.jpg   For Sale - 2003 Super Hawk-img_3809.jpg   For Sale - 2003 Super Hawk-img_3807.jpg   For Sale - 2003 Super Hawk-img_3803.jpg  

Old 11-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Squid

JIMMYJAMES is on a distinguished road

Looks lovely bud, good luck with the sale!

Last edited by JIMMYJAMES; 11-02-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Squid

Looks lovely bud, good luck with the sale!

Thanks! and thanks for making my pics larger.

Last edited by txsuperhawk; 11-04-2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: clean up post
Old 11-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Squid

Price Reduced! $4000 or best offer.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:00 AM
Superstock

ttocsmai is on a distinguished road
Shame I just bought (and still paying for it) a 98 SH Red, I like the blue too. I like to have the fuel guage but don't know how to modify up.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Squid

What does it take to sell a Super Hawk? Am I too high? Never had this much trouble selling a bike, especially one as cool as the Hawk. Any advise?

Last edited by txsuperhawk; 11-23-2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: mispelling
Old 11-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Back Marker

Kators is on a distinguished road
Took me a bit to sell my old 93 VFR that was in great condition. Nice looking hawk though, had I seen this before July I would be all over it, I got my 98 instead.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Back Marker

epleeds is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by txsuperhawk
What does it take to sell a Super Hawk? Am I too high? Never had this much trouble selling a bike, especially one as cool as the Hawk. Any advise?
i have been trying to sell mine for quite some time...and nothing..unless your willing to give it away...but im not..
Old 11-23-2009, 04:36 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
From what I've seen (if you want to sell it in a few weeks) if you can get anything over trade in value you're in the ballpark... it's $3300 for an '03. The guys I see locally trying to get more than a few hundred over that have been sitting on them and have been unable to sell. There are about 5 or 6 for sale near me. Took me a month to sell my spotless '99, and again I finally let it go for a few hundred over trade in. Otherwise I'd never have sold it.

One of my parents neighbors has a showroom new '02 with 4k miles. He's down to $4k. Just put on brand new tires-still have the stripes on them. Bike even still smells new. He never rides it, rides his FJR1300 instead and has 70k miles on it already. He's had the superhawk for sale for months. I'd buy it in a second if I was looking for one. But unless you're good on the price they're not really moving.

Last edited by captainchaos; 11-23-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 04:56 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by txsuperhawk
Put the potential buyer on the passenger seat. Tell the rider that because the pass/pegs have been removed to accomo the high mount exhaust cans they will need to put their feet on the bolt heads for footing.

Tell them that because of your relationship with God they should not touch you in any manner during the test drive. Tell the passenger before you embark, "Hang on to something."

After you idle out of the parking lot and mosey down the street past the burger joint you come to the service road to the freeway. Allow a good amount of clearance to get onto the service road and start moving toward the entrance ramp to the freeway. Your potential buyer will probably start to relate an interest in buying and you should return to homebase to finalize the deal.

If the potential buyer does not respond accordingly move towards the entrance ramp and enter the freeway. Be choosey about merging into traffic by running up and then backing off and waving traffic by.

This should initiate offers based on such a powerful motorcycle. To be certain that the experience is galvanized into the buyer's mind tell him, "Yeah, it's got lots of ponies!" Keep it pegged all the way back to the shop. When you get there and while he's melting off the back of the bike - hand him his checkbook.

Hope this helps!
Old 11-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by nuhawk
Put the potential buyer on the passenger seat. Tell the rider that because the pass/pegs have been removed to accomo the high mount exhaust cans they will need to put their feet on the bolt heads for footing.

Tell them that because of your relationship with God they should not touch you in any manner during the test drive. Tell the passenger before you embark, "Hang on to something."

After you idle out of the parking lot and mosey down the street past the burger joint you come to the service road to the freeway. Allow a good amount of clearance to get onto the service road and start moving toward the entrance ramp to the freeway. Your potential buyer will probably start to relate an interest in buying and you should return to homebase to finalize the deal.

If the potential buyer does not respond accordingly move towards the entrance ramp and enter the freeway. Be choosey about merging into traffic by running up and then backing off and waving traffic by.

This should initiate offers based on such a powerful motorcycle. To be certain that the experience is galvanized into the buyer's mind tell him, "Yeah, it's got lots of ponies!" Keep it pegged all the way back to the shop. When you get there and while he's melting off the back of the bike - hand him his checkbook.

Hope this helps!

I like the strategy! Unfortunately I have not gotten so much as a sniff other than someone off of my cycletraderader saying he would pay about $2000.00. LOL.

Thanks for all the tips, I think I would let it go for close to KBB trade value ($3290) but I was thinking I would need the cushion to work with someone.

Not bragging but I have owned an older CBR 1000, Kawi. ZX11D, CBR 954, CBR 1100 XX and CBR 1000RR before the Super Hawk and I can honestly say that I have more fun on the Hawk. I mean it is not near as refined or as fast as the others but overall blast factor is way pegged. I made a 60 mile run through the hill country yesterday (you know just to keep the battery up ;-) ) and the whole time I am thinking why am I trying to sell this thing. Then I ride in the garage and future mom pokes her head out and I remember. Anyway I hate to get rid of it and see myself owning another one or an RC51 someday, but I am amazed how little interest I have had in my chicken.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:47 PM
MotoGP

That's the best remedy for all this. Just keep charging the battery.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Squid

Well I am frustrated! I have the bike listed on craigslist for $3600.00 firm now. Anyone know anyone looking for a Super Hawk?
Old 11-30-2009, 03:12 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
List it on ebay as well. If you do the new "local" listings they are free. I think you can do up to a certain # in a year without being charged a fee.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:25 PM
MotoGP

It's worth a shot. I have about 250' road frontage with about 40k cars per day. There is a powersports company on the property that displays consignment bikes/pwc's. You could bring it up to me. I could make sure the bike goes in and out everyday, waive the consignment fee for a couple weeks if you want to give it a try. Mike (owner/manager of bikeshop) sold a Harley for $6k and an older 900 Suzuki sportbike for $2300 last month. He's got a 07 Anniv. Interceptor out there now $7800 if you know anyone.

I get to charge the battery.

PM me and we can discuss the details.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Deus vult!
Back Marker

Mr Toad is on a distinguished road
Been there a number of years ago. Explain to your wife that the market for a niche bike is minimal and even if it did sell you wouldn't get much for it. Put the bike in long term storage. Wait for the firstborn/newborn panic to subside (1-2 years), pull the cover off the bike - and you're back in the saddle! 'Cause if finances are tight it'll be nigh on impossible to get another bike!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:54 PM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Keep It

I've heard of many Hawks not selling for big $$$

**** w/ all the after market parts we put on - its better to either part out or KEEP IT!!

I have 4 kids & have an '02 VTR w/ 43k (in the Northeast) - why give the bike away & then end up regretting it - KEEP IT.

Or U'll end up kickin the kid - beach slappin the wife - cause U can't ride - KEEP IT!!!

just my .02 - best of luck...
Old 12-01-2009, 01:13 PM
Superstock

NCDave is on a distinguished road
No offense intended, but the price seems high to me. My 03 buell book value is perhaps that high for retail at a dealer, but I'd never pay that much. I'd be pleased to get 3500 for it, and more likely would have to settle for closer to 3000 or 3200, and have to advertise it a while in the process to get the "right" buyer to come along.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Superstock

Hmmm...I stand corrected....

03 SH 3290/4785
03 XB9R 3175/4620

Somewhere in the 3800 to 4000 range seems fair to both buyer and seller.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by nuhawk
It's worth a shot. I have about 250' road frontage with about 40k cars per day. There is a powersports company on the property that displays consignment bikes/pwc's. You could bring it up to me. I could make sure the bike goes in and out everyday, waive the consignment fee for a couple weeks if you want to give it a try. Mike (owner/manager of bikeshop) sold a Harley for $6k and an older 900 Suzuki sportbike for $2300 last month. He's got a 07 Anniv. Interceptor out there now $7800 if you know anyone.

I get to charge the battery.

PM me and we can discuss the details.
nuhawk that's a very genorous offer bud, I do appreciate it. Today was the first time someone looked at the bike in person and I think I have the bike sold for $3000.00 cash and a pistol. The pistol is identical to one I already own but I feel I should be able to sell the pistol fairly easy (God Bless Texas!). Anyway I thank everyone for the help and I will keep you up to speed on the sale.

If the deal falls apart I guess I have shown my hand, I value the pistol at $200 so all in all I will part with the bike for $3200.00. Damn shame on two accounts. First I was only recently turned on to this forum and never had a chance to meet or ride with any of you guys. Second I am letting a bike I love go dirt cheap, but I know I will likely own another one, with my luck after the market turns around so I will have to pay top dollar for it.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:29 AM
Superstock

Glad you got it sold. $3200 is a REALLY good price. The guy is lucky!
Old 12-03-2009, 05:51 PM
MotoGP

Yeah, I think you did OK too! I bought my Superhawk in nearly the same condition in 2006 and paid $3800.
On second thought send me the pistol.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:52 PM
Squid

hamrhed is on a distinguished road
Talking New Kid

I think we both did OK. Hi guys! I'm the lucky guy. Hey Mike, how you doin? Can't wait to pick up that beautiful blue bird. Thank you. I've never had to wrench bikes before. If thats the price of admission to HawkWorld than I will learn. Please tell me guys, that CCT's are a breeze to swap out.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:36 PM
Squid

Hey hamrhed, I'll get with you in the am. You are gonna love this scooter! By the way I got $600 for the 44 mag..... just kiddn.

Last edited by txsuperhawk; 12-03-2009 at 11:37 PM. Reason: spelling