Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

FOR SALE - 2003 Honda VTR1000F Superhawk 996

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 09:17 PM
Squid
Squid

The Hawk Guy
FOR SALE - 2003 Honda VTR1000F Superhawk 996

Hello My Fellow Hawk Riders,

I have to let go my Hawk due to certain financial hardships. I'm trying to keep up with my mortgage payments and at the same time still taking good care of my family. As much as I love my Hawk, but if it means getting my family & I through the tough times then it is the price I'm willing to pay.

Here are the details about the bike:

Model: 2003 Honda VTR1000F Superhawk 996
Color: Candy Blue (original Honda candy blue color only available on 2003 productions in the US)
Mileage: around 5500 miles (I didn't record the last mileage reading before I removed the battery for winter. I can get an exact reading please PM me)
Modifications: Zero Gravity Double Bubble Smoke Windscreen, Aftermarket Blinkers Front & Back, Aftermarket Chrome Bar Ends, ProGrip Carbon Fiber (look only) Tank Protector, ProGrip Carbon Fiber (look only) Gas Cap Protector, Yoshimura RS-3 Oval Carbon Fiber Slip-ons, Fender Eliminated (done myself).

Everything else is original. I'm the second owner of this bike, when I purchased it from the Honda dealer it only had 1054 miles on the clock. The previous owner was in his 40's, bought it new and loved the bike but it wasn't practical to him so he traded it in for a GoldWing.

The bike is absolutely in a beautiful shape, never been down, never abused (the most I ever did to it was power wheelies on very few occasions just to test it out, never clutch wheelies or burnouts), regular 2000 mile oil & oil filter change (always genuine Honda products), always garaged w/ bike cover, never been in the rain or snow, very well taken care of, only a few normal wears around the bike but they can hardly be seen by eyes. The bike gets washed and waxed by myself 3-4 times a year. Tires are still in a very good shape, too.

I'm asking for $5200.00 and with this bike I will also include the original Honda windscreen, original license plate light, original exhausts, an XXL Alpinestars mesh jacket w/ removable protectors (I'm 200 lbs 6' tall), an XL AVG helmet w/ removable interior, a new gallon Honda 10W-40 oil (bought it extra just in case), and the bike cover that I have used with it.

Please PM me if you have any questions, if you want to make an offer, or to see more detailed pictures of the bike or any items I mentioned above.

I'm located in CT. The bike and all gears are right inside my garage. I have the clear title in hand. Insurance, taxes, and registration are all current.

Thank you very much!

Michael
Attached Thumbnails FOR SALE - 2003 Honda VTR1000F Superhawk 996-dsc01407.jpg   FOR SALE - 2003 Honda VTR1000F Superhawk 996-dsc01408.jpg   FOR SALE - 2003 Honda VTR1000F Superhawk 996-dsc01409.jpg   FOR SALE - 2003 Honda VTR1000F Superhawk 996-dsc01410.jpg  
Old 02-24-2010, 09:51 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
That's really a gorgeous bike Michael. Sorry to hear you have to sell it. Please don't take this as ballbreaking, but you're asking over 2k over trade in and almost 1k over RETAIL value. Again just trying to help if you really need to move it, but if it were mine and someone offered me 4k for it I'd consider myself lucky...best of luck it really is nice. Again just a friendly 2 cents as I've sold several bikes recently including a spotless superhawk.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Squid

captianj is on a distinguished road
Some of your earlier posts make mention of ticking or some sort of noise from the engine, has that gone away? Did you swap out the CCT's?
Thanks-J
Old 03-04-2010, 11:59 PM
Squid
Squid

The Hawk Guy
It was just me being paranoid about the sounds that a V-Twin makes when I first got the bike since I went from in-line 4's to the Hawk. In-line 4's are just quite and smooth and you don't usually hear anything but the exhaust note when you roll the throttle.

Years have past and after nearly 4500 miles.....the same normal V-Twin noises that I used to hear are still here.....it's perfectly fine and guess what? Now I love them more than ever. Riding VTR is truly fun compared to some liter-bikes.

By the way, the Hawk is going in the local newspaper and online ads sometime in March. Please make offer if interested, thanks!

Mike
Old 03-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Squid

4ifreak is on a distinguished road
Yeah the price might be high compaired to kbb but if the bike is as nice as it looks it should be worth the money, in all rights a 98 with say 10k should worth about same as a higher mileage 05, what really changed on these bike over the years except the colors, and the dash? oh yeah i guess the rear brake caliper was like 2mm larger or so on the later models, but thats something i guess
Old 03-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Squid
Squid

The Hawk Guy
Just an FYI....

I did some online research on the year, mileage, and the condition on this bike and here's what I found.

NADA - Avg. Retail $4421.00 w/o any additional items mentioned above

KBB - Avg. Retail $4455.00 w/o any additional items mentioned above

If you are able to find one at your local dealership with showroom condition, similar year and mileage, chances are you will be paying higher than the above figures plus dealer prep fees and all that non-sense added costs to you.

I will consider it if anyone makes an offer around the book values.

Thanks for looking!
Old 03-09-2010, 05:37 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
good luck.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:30 PM
JB
Squid

sweethawk996 is on a distinguished road
GOOD LUCK I JUST BOUGHT A 98 WITH LESS THAN 8000 MILES FOR 2300..... DID NEED A BIKE TIRE THO .... BIKE LOOKS REALLY NICE THO GOOD LUCK CHAMP U SHOULD JUST KEEP IT AND SELL YOUR HOUSE
Old 03-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Squid
Squid

The Hawk Guy
Originally Posted by sweethawk996
GOOD LUCK I JUST BOUGHT A 98 WITH LESS THAN 8000 MILES FOR 2300..... DID NEED A BIKE TIRE THO .... BIKE LOOKS REALLY NICE THO GOOD LUCK CHAMP U SHOULD JUST KEEP IT AND SELL YOUR HOUSE
No.....no selling my house. If I do would you let me live at your place until I find a new home??.....just kidding. Nothing in this world is worth more than a good family and a secure home.

I may keep the Hawk since my tax return checks and my yearly mortgage escrow check are on the way.....plus I just got a merit pay increase at work.

Looking forward to be a life member of this great online community (superhawkforum.com)!!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Back Marker

BluStreak is on a distinguished road
Hawk Guy, best of luck. That's very hard to have to sell your Hawk. I too have a blue 03 I bought in CT w/ low mileage a year ago. Wasn't quite cosmetically as nice as yours and I paid $4,000, which included 2 brand new 2CT tires and an oil and filter change, so.......if you really want to sell it, you might have to adjust your expectations.

Hope you find a job quick and get to keep it!
Old 07-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Squid

jnorris is on a distinguished road
Do you still have the super hawk for sale?

if so can you email me more pic jnorris37@gmail.com
Old 07-17-2011, 07:12 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
Hopefully the Man , got to keep the ol' girl....