Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

In need of a new windshield/windscreen

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Squid

jaconrad15 is on a distinguished road
In need of a new windshield/windscreen

Anyone have a stock (clear) windshield that they want to sell me. Mine has quite a few scratches and I'd like one in good condition.

Thank you!
Old 11-05-2013, 07:52 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
You can also check this one on ebay:
Windscreen Honda VTR1000 VTR1000F 97 98 99 00 01 02 03 04 05 Clear Acrylic USA | eBay

Super cheep, I would consider that as an option, and it is a local distributor, not Chines.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:55 PM
SuperBike

Oh yea, also if the scratches you have are not too deep, you can actually polish them out with plastic polish of sort you can find at any car part store
Old 11-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Superstock
Superstock

davidka is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jaconrad15
Anyone have a stock (clear) windshield that they want to sell me. Mine has quite a few scratches and I'd like one in good condition.

Thank you!
I have a nice stock screen from my bike. Hasn't been on the bike for years. Make me an offer.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by NHSH
You can also check this one on ebay:
Windscreen Honda VTR1000 VTR1000F 97 98 99 00 01 02 03 04 05 Clear Acrylic USA | eBay

Super cheep, I would consider that as an option, and it is a local distributor, not Chines.
Looks good, can you vouch for the quality?
Old 11-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Back Marker

superbeater is on a distinguished road
I've got that Ebay screen. It rocks. Great with the GoPro and great wind protection.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:44 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by NHSH
Oh yea, also if the scratches you have are not too deep, you can actually polish them out with plastic polish of sort you can find at any car part store
Is one cleaner better than the others?
Old 11-06-2013, 08:27 AM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
I have that screen from that seller. Yes the screen is nice (although fitment is a little more of a struggle than the stock screen or a Zero Gravity), the seller is VERY slow to ship though. I live only about 7 hours away from him and it takes me more than a week to get the products from him because he holds it for a few days before he ships and he uses fedex smart post and for some reason it takes fed ex 7 days to get from Jacksonville FL to atlanta, then they drop it off at the post office and they hold it for a day or two before getting it out on a delivery truck (priority mail would get it here the next day after he ships it and I would willingly pay more to have the priority mail but he wont when I asked him) He also marks the item shipped immediately to comply with ebay even though he holds the product for two buisness days (so if you order friday it wont ship before tuesday) before shipping out.

The screen is nice, I think the seller is a douche.

It also for me does not work with a Tank mounted Camera, the V in the bottom of the screen where my camera shoots gets distorted by the shape of the windscreen.

Video sucks sorry, I just realized my tank rubbers were all missing and only just got new ones to put on the bike, but you can see the distortion I'm talking about, and that is the exact screen for sale in that ebay ad

Edited to add: For riding, the screen is wonderful, Blows the wind and the bugs right over your helmet when in a relaxed upright riding position. For filming I much prefer my beat up stock screen and am looking for a new Stock shape/style windscreen for that purpose that I'm not going to pay an arm and a leg for

Last edited by insulinboy; 11-06-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by insulinboy
I have that screen from that seller. Yes the screen is nice (although fitment is a little more of a struggle than the stock screen or a Zero Gravity), the seller is VERY slow to ship though. I live only about 7 hours away from him and it takes me more than a week to get the products from him because he holds it for a few days before he ships and he uses fedex smart post and for some reason it takes fed ex 7 days to get from Jacksonville FL to atlanta, then they drop it off at the post office and they hold it for a day or two before getting it out on a delivery truck (priority mail would get it here the next day after he ships it and I would willingly pay more to have the priority mail but he wont when I asked him) He also marks the item shipped immediately to comply with ebay even though he holds the product for two buisness days (so if you order friday it wont ship before tuesday) before shipping out.

The screen is nice, I think the seller is a douche.

It also for me does not work with a Tank mounted Camera, the V in the bottom of the screen where my camera shoots gets distorted by the shape of the windscreen.

Video sucks sorry, I just realized my tank rubbers were all missing and only just got new ones to put on the bike, but you can see the distortion I'm talking about, and that is the exact screen for sale in that ebay ad

Edited to add: For riding, the screen is wonderful, Blows the wind and the bugs right over your helmet when in a relaxed upright riding position. For filming I much prefer my beat up stock screen and am looking for a new Stock shape/style windscreen for that purpose that I'm not going to pay an arm and a leg for

vtr2 - YouTube
Thanks for the information/video!
Old 11-06-2013, 05:19 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by jaconrad15
Is one cleaner better than the others?
I guess that would depend on how clear or distorted you prefer the screen, I don't know. I personally like the look of the stock one but think it is almost useless as a wind deflector, I use MRA that I got with the bike and I cut it to my liking as in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails In need of a new windshield/windscreen-dscn9495.jpg  
Old 11-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Superstock
Superstock

davidka is on a distinguished road
Had trouble with email. Here are photos of the stock VTR windscreen I PM'd you about.
Attached Thumbnails In need of a new windshield/windscreen-imgp2047.jpg   In need of a new windshield/windscreen-imgp2050.jpg  
Old 11-09-2013, 10:58 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by davidka
Had trouble with email. Here are photos of the stock VTR windscreen I PM'd you about.
Looks like new