SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Classifieds (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/)
-   -   Mirror Extenders Round 2 (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/mirror-extenders-round-2-a-29197/)

archaicguy 09-18-2012 02:58 PM

Mirror Extenders Round 2

2 Attachment(s)
Ok guys I've got another 9 sets almost done, final machining and powdercoating still to do. I'm sure some of the guys that got a set on the first round can offer any comments for the new guys that don't know what they are or how they work.
As I said I have 9 sets available so I will let it run like this.....post on this thread that you want a set, paypal payment to pm me for info, if there are 9 posters ahead of you that requested a set then you may be too late. I think I can do 40.00 per set shipped in the Cont. US, any others I will get a shipping quote and send you a total.
Attachment 24235
Attachment 24236

Upland111 09-18-2012 04:58 PM

I have one of the first sets, and I can attest the difference is = to Night&Day.
Highly reccomended if you like to look at more important things besides your elbows.

CrankenFine 09-18-2012 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Upland111 (Post 342057)
I have one of the first sets, and I can attest the difference is = to Night&Day.
Highly reccomended if you like to look at more important things besides your elbows.

+1 most cost effective upgrade to date.

kardiac996 09-18-2012 08:19 PM

Got a front shot of the bike with them installed?

I just dont want to have rabbit ears.

Hawkrider 09-19-2012 05:51 PM

I've had mine for about 10 years and love 'em!!! The bike does not look bad. Go to my website: VTR1000F>Pics>My VTR

yamahadm250 09-20-2012 05:03 PM

i`ll take a pair.money will be sent tomorrow when i get home.thanks

archaicguy 09-21-2012 02:26 AM

Let's put this on hold for a little bit, I had some idiot at work take my aluminum I use and scrap them thinking it was scrap parts.

wyldryce 09-21-2012 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by archaicguy (Post 342142)
Let's put this on hold for a little bit, I had some idiot at work take my aluminum I use and scrap them thinking it was scrap parts.

Wow man....Sorry to hear that. That's astronomically LAME.

twist 09-23-2012 10:34 PM

I contacted you early on, several months ago and you said you would add my name to the list of buyers. Hope I'm still on that list?

archaicguy 09-25-2012 03:49 PM

When sending payment please give me your screen name in a comment please. This will allow me to keep track of things better. Thanks
Ok got your payment twist. I should have some ready mid to late next week

twist 10-01-2012 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by archaicguy (Post 342395)
When sending payment please give me your screen name in a comment please. This will allow me to keep track of things better. Thanks
Ok got your payment twist. I should have some ready mid to late next week

looking forward to seeing behind me.

Thumper 10-01-2012 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider (Post 342090)
I've had mine for about 10 years and love 'em!!! The bike does not look bad. Go to my website: VTR1000F>Pics>My VTR

Same here, always nice to see what behind you

yamahadm250 10-26-2012 04:21 PM

i got the mirror extenders today, they look good.i can`t wait to put them on this weekend.thanks
Derral

twist 10-26-2012 06:50 PM

I recently got a set and couldn't be happier! archaicguy is great to do business with. The extensions look good and provide the extra little bit to see behind yourself and the colour matches so they look as if they are part of the original mirrors. I really like being able to pull my mirrors in if I want to, the cost is right and the money goes to a fellow hawk rider so you get good karma points in the deal.

archaicguy 06-25-2013 04:07 AM

BUMP....I've got enough material to run 7 more sets if there is any interest

VTR1000F 06-25-2013 04:52 AM

I'm in for a set if you end up making the run. Price still $40 shipped in CONUS? Thanks.

archaicguy 06-25-2013 05:45 AM

Yes 40.00 Shipped

CrankenFine 06-25-2013 08:08 AM

I bought a set from the original run. Are you supplying a longer bolt for the joint on this set? If so can I get a set of the longer bolts?

cybercarl 06-25-2013 08:19 AM

Just and idea, but if you had a hole drilled down the centre along the shaft (hollowed out) so a there would be a half moon shape on the part the bolt goes through. This would possibly allow for after market mirrors like GSXR to then have the end cut off and and me slotted to fit onto the extenders which would allow for indicator wires to run through and also allow easy attachment of aftermarket mirrors. I'm not sure if the bolt would get in the way but I think a wire could get through either side of the bolt in the half moon part of the drill hole.

(:-})

archaicguy 06-25-2013 08:40 AM

Yes I will go with longer bolts than the first run. The second run I did I used 1" long bolts and cut them down to fit flush. When I order them up I can send you a pair.

archaicguy 06-25-2013 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by cybercarl (Post 357709)
Just and idea, but if you had a hole drilled down the centre along the shaft (hollowed out) so a there would be a half moon shape on the part the bolt goes through. This would possibly allow for after market mirrors like GSXR to then have the end cut off and and me slotted to fit onto the extenders which would allow for indicator wires to run through and also allow easy attachment of aftermarket mirrors. I'm not sure if the bolt would get in the way but I think a wire could get through either side of the bolt in the half moon part of the drill hole.

I think I understand what you are asking for, basically a through hole to be able to run wires for mirrors with signals.

cybercarl 06-25-2013 08:53 AM

I'm not asking for them, (not just yet anyway) I'm just throwing the idea out there for you. It could be an option that a lot of folk would like. It kills two birds with one stone, so to speak. The attachement of aftermarket mirrors which would retain the folding back of the Originals and the running of the wires.

And yes, a through hole to be able to run wires for mirrors with signals.

CruxGNZ 06-25-2013 01:05 PM

I have GSXR mirrors with turn signals and am redoing my mounting. I want a factory look and these would help make that possible.

If you can make a hole through the center and still keep the price at fourty bucks, that would be great. If not, I understand and please count me in for a pair and I'll throw them on my drill press and try not to scratch 'em up lol

CrankenFine 06-26-2013 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by archaicguy (Post 357712)
Yes I will go with longer bolts than the first run. The second run I did I used 1" long bolts and cut them down to fit flush. When I order them up I can send you a pair.

Thank you!! Let me know parts + shipping $$ and I will PayPal you ASAP.
Dave

Micah 06-26-2013 06:49 PM

I'm down for a set!

archaicguy 06-27-2013 05:17 AM

I should be able to run the through hole with no cost increase.

archaicguy 06-27-2013 12:38 PM

Someone that wants the through hole please use one of the pics above on this post or off of my first mirror extender post that shows them not installed and draw an arrow or something on the part to show me what would be the ideal location and can someone give me the diameter of the wire that will go through so I know what size hole to drill.
Thanks

CruxGNZ 06-27-2013 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lets see if this works...

Attachment 23426

The hole can be as small as 1/8", but that might be kinda tight. If you can pull off 3/16", that would be perfect.

Obviously you cant drill in the center, because of the bolt, so a little off center would work. Just imagine a couple of 18 gauge wires that need to go from one end to the other amd that's it. Simple.

archaicguy 06-28-2013 03:19 AM

Got it, wanted to make sure we were on the same thought with the exit point.
Thanks

archaicguy 08-07-2013 09:20 AM

Ok all sets that have already been paid for are complete and will ship by the end of the week. I have 1 set left and that will probably be the last unless I have quite a few more people interested in some later. If you want the last set pm me