Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

mirror extenders?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 08:03 AM
Superstock

sprhawk neil is an unknown quantity at this point
mirror extenders?

Has any one tried these? when I wear my jacket my mirrors are useless.any pics of them on a superhawk? thanks,

Neil
Old 04-29-2006, 11:19 AM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
I used a set of mirror extenders I purchased off eBay (the seller is from Germany). They were expensive - I've heard that cheaper alternatives can be found in the US. Regardless, they did offer a much better view of what was behind me. The only downside is that they stick out a lot farther than stock, making lane-sharing a bit harder.

One girl who saw my bike said it looked like my mirrors were wearing high-heels...
Old 04-29-2006, 05:08 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Re: mirror extenders?

I have a set on my SH, the Genmar ones if I recall correctly and they do help increase the view.

Rick B
02 SH
Old 04-29-2006, 06:06 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road

I've had GenMars on mine virtually from day one (rode the bike once and realized I couldn't see behind me) so I am now entering my fifth summer with them. Granted they may not be the most aesthetically pleasing things in the world, but they are not that bad either. They do improve things and make the mirrors usable, however.

Highly recommended (if you plan on using your mirrors anyhow). Many others have turned to using R6 or FZ1 mirrors instead so there are other options too.

Hope this helps

Mikstr
Old 05-01-2006, 06:18 PM
Superstock

102dals is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a set of used FZ1 mirrors FS, a few scratches on the black plastic, but glass is good on both. Mildly disassembled, base removed on one side; other side missing a "bolt" . Ready to attach to your SHawk "bases". There's a post to do this mod on the forum somewhere, I just can't remember where.
$10 or shipping cost only (whichever is higher, depending on your method -- UPS is higher now). It'll give you a cheap set to try the mod.
Can send pics upon request, but they'll be around 400K each.

I've changed to R6 mirrors; they show a little elbow, but it's bearable and a lot better than stock. I've done the "pin mod" to them, it took about 30min with install (way easier than removing/replacing bases).

Please use PM or Email: 102dals@myactv.net

Andy