Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Looking for a Superhawk project bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Squid

lobster is on a distinguished road
Looking for a Superhawk project bike

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie here and a newbie to the SuperHawk. I currently ride a 2000 VFR, but have never given up the passion for that awesome sound of a V-Twin. Everytime I hear a Hawk go by I think damn...

Anyway, I've been thinking about buying a wrecked / salvaged / rashed Hawk as a project bike, and thought I would put the word out here. (It looks like you guys run a great forum here from the short lurking I've done.) If you know of anything that might fit the bill, please send me a PM or post up. Do you think one will pop up in the $1200-1500 range?

Also, while we're on the subject, what kind of advice do you have? methods? colors? model year? tips? tricks? etc... I'm not looking to fix it up and try to sell it at a profit...I'm a bit more realistic than that. I'm really just looking to do some wrenching and perhaps learn a few things in the process and maybe have a nice V-Twin I can bomb around on in a year or two.

Ride safe.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Squid

TommyboyinMI is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=lobster;50568]Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie here and a newbie to the SuperHawk. I currently ride a 2000 VFR, but have never given up the passion for that awesome sound of a V-Twin. Everytime I hear a Hawk go by I think damn...

Lobster Larry is that you??? This is teibel65 in Novi. I hope all is well with you. I recently purchased a 1998 VTR1000 that has been my winter project. What a great bike. I miss my VFR but this thing is a blast to ride.
Lets get together this summer.
I still skulk around the VFR site and I see the SE Michigan clan is still a close bunch of guys. I hope to get out and ride with them a bit.
Take care.
Tom
Old 04-27-2007, 12:30 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
VTR and VFR make a great combo, IMNSHO!
Old 04-27-2007, 02:18 PM
Squid

[QUOTE=TommyboyinMI;50589]
Originally Posted by lobster
Hello everyone,

Originally Posted by lobster

Lobster Larry is that you??? This is teibel65 in Novi. I hope all is well with you. I recently purchased a 1998 VTR1000 that has been my winter project. What a great bike. I miss my VFR but this thing is a blast to ride.
Lets get together this summer.
I still skulk around the VFR site and I see the SE Michigan clan is still a close bunch of guys. I hope to get out and ride with them a bit.
Take care.
Tom
Yep, the same Lobster from VFRD. I'm glad I might have a MI contact for this project! And I'm sure you're welcome to ride with us. I'd actually love to see / sit on your bike just for comparison purposes, and I can show you my new (to me) Yellow viffer.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:41 PM
SuperSport

AZZKIKER is an unknown quantity at this point
If you guys wanna check out a modded Superhawk, shoot me a message. I am on the west side in Grand rapids. We can hook up and go for a ride. Let me know.
ozzy
Old 04-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Back Marker

DrPepper is on a distinguished road
i have my wreaked 98 superhawk damage is to front forks rim and brakes and platics. motor frame and rear section is ok it was put into a pole at 30 in a neighborhood
Old 04-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by DrPepper
i have my wreaked 98 superhawk damage is to front forks rim and brakes and platics. motor frame and rear section is ok it was put into a pole at 30 in a neighborhood
Hey doc...sent you an email...looking for some more information. Thanks.