Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

ISO unmolested rear fender/battery tray

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 06:14 PM
Squid

69Rider is on a distinguished road
ISO unmolested rear fender/battery tray

Scoured eBay for the last month but only things I find are partial fenders with all rear turn signal mounting locations hacked away. Anyone with an old one gathering dust want to sell? PM me. Thanks!
Old 11-23-2021, 12:56 PM
Squid

ProfChaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 69Rider
Scoured eBay for the last month but only things I find are partial fenders with all rear turn signal mounting locations hacked away. Anyone with an old one gathering dust want to sell? PM me. Thanks!
Partzilla now utilizes an aftermarket company (I believe) for some OEM VTR1000F parts that were once listed as "no longer available from the manufacturer/discontinued." (I recently bought a "New/Old-Stock" VTR1000F rear fender. I think that, when Honda jettisoned old stock OEM parts, some rich person or company bought all old-stock OEM SuperHawk/Firestorm parts that hadn't sold-out entirely. Perhaps there is an aftermarket company now using a Honda stock fender mold. Whatever the case, there is now replenished stock of 1998-2005 VTR1000F rear fenders at Partzilla's supplier: Honda 80100-MBB-A20

Adept Powersports lists the VTR1000F fender as being no longer available, but Partzilla can set you up in no time with a new old-stock fender, and it only costs $164. Don't waste your time with evil-Bay. (I got ripped-off by an eBay salvage yard vendor who disguised in photos that the fender was so mangled that it could not accept turn signal mounts. Subsequently, they over-charged me for return-shipping, which was apparently their entire motive. Since they ripped me off, I'll list them here: "The Motorcycle Guys" Store. They are probably now listing the VTR1000F fender that I returned to them--waiting for the next victim.)

After an ill-fated attempt at modifying my battery box, I ended-up having to replace the entire rear fender. My "new" fender arrived from Partzilla in three days. As I type this message, the new rear fender sits on the floor next to my right foot, waiting to be installed this afternoon. (If it ain't broke, don't fix it.) Careful with bobbing the new fender, because they might run-out again.

It might be an aftermarket company who bought the Honda mold for the rear fender, or it might be old-stock OEM parts in a warehouse somewhere. Whatever the case, there are once again VTR1000F rear fenders shipping in two-to-three days from the Atlanta Partzilla Warehouse.

cheers,
--Professor Chaos

Last edited by ProfChaos; 11-23-2021 at 01:13 PM.