Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

FS: 1992 XR600R...DUAL SPORT, IMPORTED

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Back Marker

Letsrideinsc
FS: 1992 XR600R...DUAL SPORT, IMPORTED

Not my superchicken for sale, but my racing couch/tractor XR. I bought this with the intention of fixing it up to be a great ride but time and space aren't on my side. I've done a ton of upgrades and there's more to go to make her a perfect running machine.

What it is:

1992 Honda XR600R modified by Monnier of Switzerland. They installed a steering lock on the column, and re-located the kickstand up and out of the way compared to stock and it has a increased diameter 260mm front brake rotor compared to the stock 240. and Keyed ignition. Cosmetically challenged, it sits in my backyard covered, but regardless it show's the alum. oxidiation on the parts and some minor rust spots throughout the frame. I wanted to powdercoat the frame, but somebody else can if they want.

Further upgrades:
-Second set of wheels built up w/new 50/50 irc's and Blue Excel Rim(fr) and Sun rim(Rr) with stock hubs, new rear brake rotor and Talon Sprocket, Stock wheels included, bearings good and IRC dirt tires have 75% tread left...everything included.
-Aloop Seat and Tank upgrade a 500+ upgrade. Have originals also and an extra Acerbis 6.5 gal tank, all included.
-Upgraded Carb just purchased from XR's only to the Mikuni 41mm Flatslide carb, also have 2 stock carbs, one modified with xr's only choke plate and jetted, other is completely stock.
Frame Guards and chain guides/brake guards all aftermarket trick goodies, xr's engineering anodized parts.
-Snorkle removed from airbox and uni filter installed.
-Baja Design's Dual Sport kit. Orig headlight and tail light includ.
-New spark plug/filter/oil last week.
-New Motionpro linear billet throttle and cable, new pro-tapers jeff ward bend and new grips. All just done last week.

The bike starts on first kick with the new carb. 3rd gear is perfect! These bike are known for the 3rd gear to go out.

Here's what it needs:
New front wheel bearings(easy and cheap fix)
New Kickstart return spring.
New cam chain tensioner.

Registered till aug 09
Pink in hand.

All this for a mere $1600.00
I have high resolution photo's that can be emailed upon request. I don't have pictures yet of the new carb and handlebar install.

Going on craigslist too, hopefully somebody in the bay area is interesed. Think no coolant messes, no battery, just oil and a great mileage getter.
Attached Thumbnails FS: 1992 XR600R...DUAL SPORT, IMPORTED-copy-img_0012.jpg   FS: 1992 XR600R...DUAL SPORT, IMPORTED-copy-img_0013.jpg   FS: 1992 XR600R...DUAL SPORT, IMPORTED-copy-img_0016.jpg  
Old 09-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Back Marker

SD Hawk is on a distinguished road
Dont do it.....
Just sold my XR, and already miss it.

Good luck!