SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Classifieds (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/)
-   -   F/S Stock CCTs (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/f-s-stock-ccts-25924/)

tomzxt 06-18-2011 11:10 AM

F/S Stock CCTs

*SOLD*

Wolverine 06-18-2011 07:14 PM

Are you shittin me? You're trying to sell stock cct's?

http://www.memehumor.com/wp-content/.../ouch-fail.jpg

geekonamotorcycle 06-18-2011 07:33 PM

lol

tomzxt 06-18-2011 08:58 PM

Yes I really am. I have seen a few people on here that want to replace their Honda CCTs with another set. People want what they want for their own personal reasons. Also some people want a second set to turn them into manual CCTs. Those are the kind of people that take pride in creating something themselves. It's not like I'm asking Honda prices. It's a mere $20+shipping. Hardly a rip off for working CCTs. Please try to see some different angles before bashing another members listing please. I do like your fail picture though.

Wolverine 06-18-2011 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by tomzxt (Post 306590)
I do like your fail picture though.

I'm not bashing... just bored hence the pic:D

nuhawk 06-19-2011 02:00 AM

I got a stock set of front calipers I'll trade you for them. Of, course, you pay the freight.

Wicky 06-19-2011 02:12 AM

I've got a jar of low milage tire air I could trade.... ;)

Onomea 06-19-2011 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by tomzxt (Post 306590)
Yes I really am. I have seen a few people on here that want to replace their Honda CCTs with another set. People want what they want for their own personal reasons. Also some people want a second set to turn them into manual CCTs. Those are the kind of people that take pride in creating something themselves. It's not like I'm asking Honda prices. It's a mere $20+shipping. Hardly a rip off for working CCTs. Please try to see some different angles before bashing another members listing please. I do like your fail picture though.

tomzxt, I think that is a good price for working CCTs. There are people out there that are living on a very tight budget. Buying to just replace or to modify
into manuals, with more time than money on their hands. I just picked up a pair of MCCTs from KLX and am going to install them soon. I fortunately have
a little more money, and unfortunatly not much spare time. Years ago I would buy it to modify myself(pride in creating), just can't afford the time now. Barely
enough time to ride nowadays. Good Deal with low miles on them. My present
rears have the white dot on them and I have + 60,000 miles.:)

tomzxt 06-19-2011 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Onomea (Post 306602)
tomzxt, I think that is a good price for working CCTs. There are people out there that are living on a very tight budget. Buying to just replace or to modify
into manuals, with more time than money on their hands. I just picked up a pair of MCCTs from KLX and am going to install them soon. I fortunately have
a little more money, and unfortunatly not much spare time. Years ago I would buy it to modify myself(pride in creating), just can't afford the time now. Barely

I just got my set from KLX also. That's a lot of miles on the stock CCTs. I was going to wait until 10k miles but I gave in since I have the money now. Thanks for the good words.

tomzxt 06-19-2011 07:03 AM

No thanks on the calipers. Mine are working fine right now and only have 4k miles on them.

However, the jar of air sounds tempting :lol: I knew somebody had to keep the jokes coming. Good stuff.

mortbike 06-19-2011 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Onomea (Post 306602)

Was the white dot OEM CCT the latest OEM version from Honda? Thanks
Mort

tomzxt 06-19-2011 11:34 AM

He might mean the white dot from the paint marker for the first service. Meaning original CCTs.

Onomea 06-19-2011 09:05 PM

My bike was an early release: 6/97 production. The bike has gone into the honda shop for regular servicing and tune-ups. I believe the "White Dot" were the first CCTs to be produced, factory originals. She still runs strong, but I don't run her at red line very often. Maybe hit the rev limiter less than 10 times.
We have had some good times, hopefully after the MCCT change- many more.
The honda mechanic told me that she was just braking in at 50K. Valves never
needed adjustment until my 60K servicing. Shimed one valve, one other a little tight rest within specs.