SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Classifieds (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/)
-   -   Assorted HID Projector Lights (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/assorted-hid-projector-lights-17519/)

LineArrayNut 02-13-2009 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by cornandp (Post 200597)
I never said that these lights wouldn't require some work to fit, as far as the bi xenon soleniods I was unaware of the 3 wire set as I don't use a bi xenon on my bike but it sounds like its pretty easy to fix that. As far as the nissan light it is a stand alone system but some work will need to be made to protect it from the elements as there are openings. I am not trying to mislead or rip off anyone.

can you show a pic of the beam spread and discuss what Anto wrote as relates to the Nissan you've shown lit?

Little_Horse 02-13-2009 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by LineArrayNut (Post 200677)
can you show a pic of the beam spread and discuss what Anto wrote as relates to the Nissan you've shown lit?

I can I suppose, maybe anto can elaborate because to me it seems to be a fully contained set up and I have no idea what he means by "reflector" to work. Please give me a little time to take another pic. As the camera and battery I use to test are at work so I can't post anything until monday. I will tell you though to me the spread looked exactly or at least very close to the setup I have on my bike.

Truckinduc 02-13-2009 08:15 PM

I looked at a 350 z today. The projector seems to be a stand alone system. Its not exposed to the elements, but i didnt think it used any other reflector.

Little_Horse 03-26-2009 11:38 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Got another setup from an Audi A8, its a Bi Xenon setup complete with oem ignitor and lighting assemblies with all the directional control wiring (including high beam solenoid). Also comes with a removable shroud as seen in pics below. $40 + shipping for this one.

yruyur 03-26-2009 03:07 PM

good seller I got my setup from him

Little_Horse 03-26-2009 03:24 PM

thanks "v" :D

aka Yamadog 03-27-2009 04:42 AM

PM sent on Audi set-up

haknslash 03-27-2009 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Truckinduc (Post 200712)
I looked at a 350 z today. The projector seems to be a stand alone system. Its not exposed to the elements, but i didnt think it used any other reflector.

Older 350z is a projector/reflector combo. The way the old setup was is that it was basically a reflector that had a projector lens made to help create a semi-cutoff. Newer 350z uses a true projector.

BTW for aonyone here wanting to retro their hawk. I have the stock headlight I used for my retrofit that I will sell since I no longer need it. The stock reflector is already trimmed with a circle in it and mounting holes drilled to mount the projector. I will post it up for sale in a different thread to keep from it being in the OPs. Just figured I'd mentioned it since its relative. Hope the OP doesn't mind.

Little_Horse 03-27-2009 10:11 PM

don't mind at all hacknslash

also the audi a8 light has been sold

Little_Horse 03-30-2009 10:25 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I don't know if anyone is interested in this daytime LED headlight from the A8 as well. Just thought I would post it up and see if anyone wants it $25 + shipping.

smokinjoe73 03-30-2009 11:07 AM

AARGGHH!! I CAN NEVER GET IN ON THESE THINGS! How did I miss this thread?

Little_Horse 03-30-2009 11:23 AM

I will get more HID projectors, its just hit and miss with how regularly I get them.

Little_Horse 04-03-2009 10:09 AM

no one wants the LED light?

LineArrayNut 04-03-2009 02:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
how bright is it? approx. size? is that 5 x 1 watt leds? i need a specific chineeese bulb for the commie 150 i crashed and can't find one...do you think it would be enough for 'limited' night usage on a city commuter? i'd guess the bulb was around ~25 watts

Little_Horse 04-03-2009 03:19 PM

its about 4 in diameter has five LEDS its considered a "day light" so the deal I see with it is it would not provide much usable light but you would be very visible as the LEDS are pretty bright. Its made by hella