Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

98 with Wolf Racing exhaust - $4300 OBO

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 02:24 PM
Squid

Crawdaddy is on a distinguished road
98 with Wolf Racing exhaust - $3800 OBO

Unloading some inventory to make room for big twin adventure bike........I love my Superhawk but I need the $$.....

Name:  EbbitsPass.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  233.9 KB

Name:  3952003.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  22.0 KB

Last edited by Crawdaddy; 08-23-2008 at 07:51 AM. Reason: reduced price
Old 08-21-2008, 12:53 PM
Back Marker

little squirt is on a distinguished road
do you have any other pics of that exhaust? looks like a really nice system. good luck with the sale.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by little squirt
do you have any other pics of that exhaust? looks like a really nice system. good luck with the sale.
Go here for more info on Wolf Racing: http://www.wolfracing.co.uk/main.html

I put the complete system on back in the days when no one had underseat exhausts (and I've never seen the same system on another Superhawk here in the states.........I STILL get "wow" comments about this 10yr old bike ).....now underseat systems are a dime a dozen on the new bikes.....but they're not Wolf's ......the carbon cans weigh next to nothing......I think my bike probably weighs in the neighborhood of ~400lbs.....

I'll also be selling a full set of perforated Honda leathers and boots (I'll post pictures/sizes over the weekend).......the jacket has seen a lot of wear but the lowers/boots are like new since I've only worn them at the track and haven't had to use them for their intended purpose (protection)

Last edited by Crawdaddy; 08-22-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Squid

A few new pics

Snapped a few pics when I got home tonight.....You'll see I also have the bike hardwired for a Garmin GPS with mount in steering stem.......I also have heated grips with a toggle switch tucked inside the windscreen for high/low.....installed new battery and new regulator/rectifier last month.....registered through July 09

Name:  100_0376.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  88.4 KB

Name:  100_0377.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  127.3 KB

Name:  100_0378.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  127.6 KB

Name:  GarminonSuperhawk-1.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  52.0 KB

Last edited by Crawdaddy; 08-23-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Squid

ridingrules is on a distinguished road
Man, that's a good lookin' bike
Old 08-26-2008, 07:20 AM
Squid

And another thing.....

Pasted in a shot of the rear end of the bike/pipes below.......Carbon fiber mounting bracket for pipes and carbon fiber license plate holder.....cheapo "simulated carbon" turn signals.....a few more selling points for CA. Buyers: it's registered through July of 09 and since I'll be "Hawkless" after the sale I'm certainly willing to transfer right, license and title of my "HWK4DAD" vanity plates to the next "Dad" that buys this fun toy (if another dad buys the bike and is interested).
I think I also forgot to mention that I just dropped ~$200 on a new battery and new regulatr/rectifier.

Dropped asking price to $3800 OBO......

Name:  100_0379.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  109.5 KB

Last edited by Crawdaddy; 08-26-2008 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Squid

LARRY996 is on a distinguished road
Crawdaddy, where is the bike located? I've got a buddy I'm trying to talk into getting a hawk and pickup/delivery would be a factor.
Larry
b.t.w. What kind of hugger/chainguard is that? Where did you buy it? All I see are painted ones, but the carbon looks awesome!
Old 09-11-2008, 07:55 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by LARRY996
Crawdaddy, where is the bike located? I've got a buddy I'm trying to talk into getting a hawk and pickup/delivery would be a factor.
Larry
b.t.w. What kind of hugger/chainguard is that? Where did you buy it? All I see are painted ones, but the carbon looks awesome!
Been away for a couple of weeks picking up a used Adventure bike and riding it back to Ramona, CA. (North San Diego County) from Denver......

Trip report/photos:

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/i...wtopic=3007&hl=

Unfortunately my father passed away while I was gone so arrangements/funeral consumed most of this week.....I'm back now and I need to blow the Superhawk out.....Somebody toss me $3300 and it's yours.....

Regarding the rear hugger, I bought it off some guy in Texas who's company is no longer around (to the best of my knowledge)....can't remember the name.....
Old 09-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Superstock

sassage is on a distinguished road
how many miles on the bike?
Old 09-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by sassage
how many miles on the bike?
~37K
Old 10-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by Crawdaddy
Been away for a couple of weeks picking up a used Adventure bike and riding it back to Ramona, CA. (North San Diego County) from Denver......

Trip report/photos:

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/i...wtopic=3007&hl=

Unfortunately my father passed away while I was gone so arrangements/funeral consumed most of this week.....I'm back now and I need to blow the Superhawk out.....Somebody toss me $3300 and it's yours.....

Regarding the rear hugger, I bought it off some guy in Texas who's company is no longer around (to the best of my knowledge)....can't remember the name.....
Never did sell this bike (I ride it to work a few days a week....and.....well.....I like it!)........but feeling some "Household Heat" to move it out of inventory/generate some $$.....

Regarding Hugger comment above - just remembered Rear Hugger was made by "Carbo Tech"

Header pipes were coated by Jet Hot....

I think most of the other info has been stated above in various posts.....

Runs fine/looks good....this bike has a lot of goodies (Corbin w back rest, Wolf pipes that you won't see/find elsewhere, Fox racing shock in back, Race Tech'd front end, heated grips, etc., etc.)......so based on all that I started out around $4.3K......now I'm looking to blow it out at $3.3K......a grand drop in asking price and a good deal in my book (I'd rather just keep it at that price to tell you the truth)

Therefore, if I'm going to blow it out I'd rather blow it out to someone in this forum, who appreciates these awesome bikes, for $3300 rather than some Craig's list person who may not appreciate the bike......if no one moves on it I'll probably put it up on Craig's List this weekend....

I live in North San Diego County (Ramona).......but I work in Carlsbad if anyone wants to see it at my office rather than driving all the way to Ramona (~35 miles inland).....

Last edited by Crawdaddy; 10-29-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:46 PM
JAMES
Superstock
Superstock

Pimpsterbim1 is on a distinguished road
Wow.. i dont like posting on classified ads if I'm not a potential buyer.. but this sounds like a Great Deal!!

What kind of GPS mount is that??
Old 10-29-2008, 07:49 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Solid grrreat bike! Sorry to hear about your Dad. Looks like you're going to lose two friends in close succession. Did your Dad ride?

The bike looks great - those are the tightest exhausts that I have ever seen. Luggage and thighs not going there. Luggage and thighs go on the Interceptor.

Good luck with the sale. Certainly is worth the money - more than - and if you need to steer some people over to Superhawk land point them here. New enthusiasts are born everyday - they are just unaware of the bike.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:13 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by Pimpsterbim1
Wow.. i dont like posting on classified ads if I'm not a potential buyer.. but this sounds like a Great Deal!!

What kind of GPS mount is that??
Basic RAM mount with hardwire to battery. It's a pretty cool ball mount.......you just pop off the small plastic cap on the steering stem and slide this expandable piece into the gap......got into the habit of using GPS on my dual sport rides and now it's second nature to also use it on road rides....

Go to http://www.cycoactive.com/ram/parts.html (Part No. RAM B 342)

Name:  GarminMount.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  8.8 KB

The two round /raised mounts by the clip on's are my Gen Mar handlebar risers

Name:  GarminonSuperhawk-1.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  52.0 KB
Old 10-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Squid

Originally Posted by nuhawk
Solid grrreat bike! Sorry to hear about your Dad. Looks like you're going to lose two friends in close succession. Did your Dad ride?

The bike looks great - those are the tightest exhausts that I have ever seen. Luggage and thighs not going there. Luggage and thighs go on the Interceptor.

Good luck with the sale. Certainly is worth the money - more than - and if you need to steer some people over to Superhawk land point them here. New enthusiasts are born everyday - they are just unaware of the bike.
Thanks for the thoughts on my father.....he didn't ride but he understood my passion for the sport

I highly recommend these bags for transporting gear in the rear.....NO BUNGEES!!! The Elite Bag works great and holds plenty

http://www.luggagelocker.com/
Old 10-31-2008, 09:42 AM
Squid

Sale Pending

I have a wicked (seems an appropriate expression since it's Halloween ) case of Seller's remorse and it hasn't even left the garage yet......but I need the $$ to pay for LA-B-V, Christmas, & build up my WestFest nestegg.....

I'll also be selling a full set of Honda perforated leathers, track boots, tourmaster tank bag, Rocket Locker tail bag, sport bike swing arm stand, etc., etc.......bascially blowing out all my road bike "stuff"......the guy buying my bike may or may not want this stuff......he gets first shot......we'll see.....

EDIT: I called the guy up and backed out.....couldn't do it......I like my bike........Keep'n it!!!

Last edited by Crawdaddy; 03-10-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Back Marker

doggerman is on a distinguished road
Ha never saw this post before.It's like a love story with twists and turns and then a happy ending.