Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

2003 Honda VTR 1000 Superhawk in Great Shape

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Back Marker

F1 Fan in Nascar Land is an unknown quantity at this point
2003 Honda VTR 1000 Superhawk in Great Shape

UPDATED!!!!!!!!! NEW LOWERED PRICE AND FREE T-REX REAR STAND

Honda Superhawk 2003 VTR 1000

Well times have gotten this bad that its time to sell my true love. This bike is in GREAT Shape. Only 6K miles on the bike. The engine runs perfect. There is nothing at all wrong with this bike, other then a half inch small black mark you can't see unless your looking at it from about a foot away and its on the left side, so when its on the kickstand you cant see it, it was VERY lightly droped, I started to go down sitting in my driveway and couldnt stop it so laid it down lightly. I added the VTR 1000 stickers you see at the rear, on both sides, by having a professional vinyl graphics company print them so they are the same type of stickers they use on track/race bikes, they really give it a unique look, and match the silver metal flake perfectly. These and the pin-stripe sticker I added, (and have more from the company I have still not applied if you would like to do the front and back) can easily come off by using your fingers, and I can take them off before you purchase if you would prefer. This bike was adult riden and not stunted in any way, and I am the original owner, have clean title in hand at time of purchase.. Here is what is of interest on the bike in no particular order. I do have the rear seat cover and its in perfect shape sorry its not in the pics if you really want to I will send you pics of it.

- Michilen Pilot Powers with about 75% of tread left so there great shape.
- $150.00 Throttle Meister bar ends that look and function great
- $85.00Puig Double bubble windscreen
- Confort Gel Hand Grips
- Rear Seat Cowl
- Stage 1 Jet Kit
- $800.00 Scorpion exhaust (Sounds Amazing, I will miss that for sure)
- Galfer Front Steel Braided Brake Lines
- Sho-Gun Delron Plastic Frame sliders
- Advanced footpegs for better grip and comfort, also smaller then the bulky stock ones
- EBC HH Brake pads.
- AMS Oil Synthetic Oil Changed at purchase and once again at the beginning of every year.
- Brake fluid changed regularily
- Chain Cleaned Regularily
- I will throw in the tank bag, a cortech as I wont need it anymore.
- Stored in my basement in humidity controled environment during winter.
- Coolant changed to the new advanced stuff (can't remember name but dealer recommended it, in Sept 2007.

Bluebook on this bike before the extras is $5645, with everything I'm Looking for about $5,950.00 Or Best Offer. Located in Milwaukee Wisconsin area. If there is anything anyone needs more then this please contact me at the info below, thank you and I will be taking the first reasonable offer.

Contact me at jonmueller@wi.rr.com or 262-993-5227 leave a message as I dont answer unknown numbers and I will call you back.

Here are some pics.

and now the mark you can barely see.

Last edited by F1 Fan in Nascar Land; 10-15-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Back Marker

hey

price reduced
Old 10-14-2008, 11:57 AM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Nice bike. Good luck getting the price you want for your bike. There is a lot of competition at that price point. Too bad the Hawk is such a "cult" bike and isn't highly sought after.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:10 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by killer5280
Nice bike. Good luck getting the price you want for your bike. There is a lot of competition at that price point. Too bad the Hawk is such a "cult" bike and isn't highly sought after.
I have a "OR BEST OFFER" in there.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:09 PM
SuperBike

I know. I'm just amazed the prices at which you can get some pretty awesome machines these days, like RC51s, R1s and such. It sure makes it tough to get your money out of a SuperHawk.
I have to laugh when I see the "entry" level Ducati Monster 696 at 8 grand and you can get a tricked out RC for around 6, or even some pretty nice SuperHawks at around 3.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:24 PM
Back Marker

I know. I'm just amazed the prices at which you can get some pretty awesome machines these days, like RC51s, R1s and such. It sure makes it tough to get your money out of a SuperHawk.
I have to laugh when I see the "entry" level Ducati Monster 696 at 8 grand and you can get a tricked out RC for around 6, or even some pretty nice SuperHawks at around 3.
Ya I see your point in some areas RC's and R1's are great machines and have alot of things better about them, then the VTR, but personally riding on the road I would rather have the fun torque of a Twin then a inline four(see RC below I know its a twin). I have ridden both and when I screw around with my buddies I can have fun right away with torque whereas a R1 or GSXR 1000 I4 by the time you get to the fun zone of the power band your looking at loosing your license on the spot. And my best friend has a RC and personally I cant stand it, its 100 times more uncomfortable, only slightly faster that you would only need for the track, you dont need that little extra for the road, I would trade the comfort of the superhawk for a little more power, but thats just me and thats why when I have money again I will be back on a superhawk.

Come to think of it my friend loves his RC so much and he puts on about 30,000 miles a year on his two bikes VFR and RC. About 29,900 a year on the VFR and 100 on the RC, he just complains when he is on it.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:38 PM
SuperBike

That's true, and for the kind of riding most guys do the Hawk is probably a better overall bike than the RC or R1. But, how many guys/girls realize that or will admit it?

Last edited by killer5280; 10-14-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Back Marker

That's true, and for the kind of riding most guys do the Hawk is probably a better overall bike than the RC or R1. But, how many guys/girls realize that or will admit it?
Yep, and I have a 2003 ZX6RR for the track and absolutely love it, but the truth is if I was just starting even at the track I would choose the Hawk, but after a couple years at the track Im glad to have gotten the ZX6RR. But for the street I cant stand I4's especially 600's they just dont have anything until you reach about 60mph and by then you start flying and like I said you loose your license real quick. And really a 600 isnt really faster off the line and really isnt for any street speeds. I used to toy with my buddy and his girlfriend when they would be riding her 600RR. And really unless your dragging your knee at over 95mph even a stock superhawk with the right suspension setting will do just fine, I have had guys at the track wiz by me in a stock gearing all stock suspension superhawk that are alot better riders of course but it just shows that its not a unrefined bike, lets just hope someone see this ad and actually reads it and makes me a reasonable offer and then after riding it, and other bikes they will get it, that twins...........especially Superhawks are alot more fun, practicle, easy to work on, bulletproof, well theres not much more to say, I will leave it to you to help promote, until I think of something else to say.

Thanks, J

PS I just hate the rap these bikes get they are so great, but everyone just wants to say they have a R6 or 600RR, but the truth is there in my opinion not even near as fun, I just dont get it I guess, these are the guys that ride into town park there bike at a local hang out and just sit there so chicks will look at them. And secondly they dont sound HALF as good as a hawk.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:30 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
If you're a carb kind of mechanic the Superhawk is your dream tool. The dynamic of the jetted twin is huge in terms of horsepower. Jetting it for your environment is critical. Having a dyno is helpful. Good Luck!
Old 10-14-2008, 06:42 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
BTW - blue is the other color. Nobody owns a white one - well almost.

What a great looking bike! Best of luck with your sale.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:19 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Thats a tough spot, man. I read on another forum where someone's advice was that you have to take what you spent in add-ons an SUBTRACT IT from the selling price; not the other way around. The reality is that you just can't come close to getting the prices for the add-ons unless you remove them & sell them seperately and the bike as stock. Figure you MIGHT get blue book IF it were stock. Not being stock can work against you because the same type of buyer that wants a brand new bike also doesn't value someone else's mods- no matter how good. If I sell mine I will take off the pipes, corbin, etc & sell them seperately.(my 2 cents)
Old 10-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
Thats a tough spot, man. I read on another forum where someone's advice was that you have to take what you spent in add-ons an SUBTRACT IT from the selling price; not the other way around. The reality is that you just can't come close to getting the prices for the add-ons unless you remove them & sell them seperately and the bike as stock. Figure you MIGHT get blue book IF it were stock. Not being stock can work against you because the same type of buyer that wants a brand new bike also doesn't value someone else's mods- no matter how good. If I sell mine I will take off the pipes, corbin, etc & sell them seperately.(my 2 cents)
Thats rediculous, you make something better and sound better preform better, pipes and jets, protect it better the sliders (BTW I still have the original frame bolts if someone needs them), more comfortable with the grips and cruise control, brake better, and it makes it worse, that just doesnt make sense to me and wont so theres really no reason to try and do that. I wont sell for under Blue book I would rather keep the bike it may make me get a second job but hell at least I get to keep the bike.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:04 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
+1, the reality with anything gas powered in general, you do not get your money back on 80% of upgrades. imho.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by j shizzy wizzy
+1, the reality with anything gas powered in general, you do not get your money back on 80% of upgrades. imho.
That seems fine, thats why the Kelly Blue Book is $5,645.00, and I am asking $5,950.00 OR BEST OFFER. Add up all the upgrades im sure its in the 1500.00 range at least, that X .20 (20% only making back on extras) that equals $300.00. Im only uping the price by $305.00 so in a sense Im offering a fair deal in your humble opinion, minus $5.00, Right, and really Im willing to deal on the bike.

ALSO WILL INCLUDE T-REX REARSTAND NOW
Old 10-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Superstock

Duck007 is on a distinguished road
Hey at least we got a knod in the Smart Money section of the last Motorcyclist:

"Introduced in 1998, clean ones are getting hard to find, but are worth the effort when you find a good one. A 4.2 gallon fuel tank and other improvements that arrived in '01 make the later models a better bet."

Lists the price for '05 at $6400.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:26 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Hey bob marley; don't get mad at me, I didn't shoot the sheriff.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Back Marker

Hey bob marley; don't get mad at me, I didn't shoot the sheriff.

Funny, with the Marley analogy most people would think of Eric Clapton with that song. I just didnt agree. Im sorry I have gotten some really anoiying questions at work and take it out on my fellow riders, if I have done so I apologize.
Old 10-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Superstock

speedkelly@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Nice hawk

Hi there...if only you were a little closer.....I have owned three superhawks so far two red and one titanium....all great bikes......I have to agree with everyone here that the superhawk is a very underated bike ...a real sleeper....and a just allround great ride......
Good luck with the sale.......used bike market is real tuff one right now....been buying and selling bikes for over 28 years...and never seen it so bad.......take kelly blue book prices with a pinch of salt.......in the end any bike is only worth as much as someone will pay for it?......
p.s I like what you done to this superhawk looks very tidy...someone will get a great bike......p.s don't let the lowball offers **** you off...it's just that it really is a buyers market right now.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Back Marker

MAKE A REASONABLE OFFER ON THE BIKE.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Back Marker

Hello

I have resorted to ebay....this sucks contact me at jonmueller@wi.rr.com or 262-993-5227 if you have any questions

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=190261458403
Old 10-23-2008, 04:02 AM
Superstock

alive226 is on a distinguished road
Just to give you an idea of wht people might be willng to pay, I bought my 03 last December. It had 3200 miles on it, Yoshi exhaust, helibars, frame sliders and I paid $4500. Your bike is great looking. God luck with your sale.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Back Marker

hey

I will sell to anyone willing to pay $4,900 its on ebay right now
Old 10-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Back Marker

ASDF

I LOWERED THE RESERVE PRICE ON THE BIKE ON EBAY AS I HAVE TO PAY THE MEDICAL BILLS IN TWO WEEKS ACCORDING TO THE ACOUNTING DEPARTMENT SO PLEASE GO BID, AND TRUST ME IF YOU GET IN UNDER THE 5 WATCHERS RIGHT NOW YOU WILL GET THIS BIKE FOR A STEAL.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:56 AM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by F1 Fan in Nascar Land
I LOWERED THE RESERVE PRICE ON THE BIKE ON EBAY AS I HAVE TO PAY THE MEDICAL BILLS IN TWO WEEKS ACCORDING TO THE ACOUNTING DEPARTMENT SO PLEASE GO BID, AND TRUST ME IF YOU GET IN UNDER THE 5 WATCHERS RIGHT NOW YOU WILL GET THIS BIKE FOR A STEAL.
Not to get into ur business - but can't U pay med bills a little at a time?

Hell they're happy ur payin something.

DON'T sell ur Hawk

Good Luck

FWIW - to all> forget all other mods do suspension 1st
Old 10-25-2008, 10:36 AM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Thread closed. New thread is located here:

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=16481