Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

2002 RC51-SP2 for sale. Well sorted

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 10:21 PM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
2002 RC51-SP2 for sale. Well sorted

For Sale: 2002 RC51-SP2. Well sorted street/track bike.

I am the second owner. My friend bought it new from Big Valley Honda in 2002. I built the engine for him at about 12,000 miles, with JE pistons, ported heads, precision valve seats and new exhaust valves. I bought it from him, in 2009 with 17k miles on the clock, to convert to a track-only bike. I did 8 track days on it. My wife has breast cancer and is doing very well with treatments, but they are ongoing, with travel and medical expenses. It just doesn’t make sense for me to continue with the project.

I had the bike put back to street form, with mostly stock parts, but it just didn’t feel right. This bike has a lot of special meaning to me and I want to pass it on as it was intended, so I put most of the race parts back on. I have a set of Marchesini magnesium wheels, but they are 16.5s. They are not included.

But here’s what is included:

The bike has ~18k miles
The engine as described above, has ~6k miles, with fresh valve seats, Winter 2010-11. 130 HP. Mostly stock airbox. No center divider in the otherwise stock snorkel.
Akrapovic full exhaust system. Header is stainless, midpipes are Ti, canisters are carbon/Ti. This is a really light system. It is more than 7 lbs lighter than the Moriwaki full system that was originally on the bike.
Sato Ti exhaust hangers
Power Commader
Ohlins rear shock, with custom supersport valving and improved, more progressive high-speed compression damping adjustment. The shock was built and tuned by Stig Pettersen, at Pettersen Pro Suspension, Winter ’09.
Moriwaki rear rocker link
Rebuilt SP2 forks with shortened topout springs, 125 mm travel, Racetech .95kg.mm springs. SP1 rebound needles. Custom tuned by Bob Hayashida.
Speedcell battery
Moriwaki rearsets
Moriwaki clip-ons
DID ERV3 520 chain, with 8 track days
Brand new (0 miles) Renthal 42T sprocket. 15T Vortex front (new with chain)
Brand new (0 miles) Pirelli Dragon tires
Carbon rear hugger. Carbon front fender.
Brand new fuel tank, with 2 small dings. Factory paint.
Braking Wave rotors, F and R. HRC pads.
Other misc. goodies
Built with great care and attention.

Priced to sell at $5500.
It’s not perfect, but it’s really good! Somebody’s going to be happy!
Don’t bother asking me to part it. It’s not going to happen.
I prefer local pickup (Nor Cal). I can arrange to deliver it within ~100 miles.
Cheers, Rand

Old 10-18-2011, 11:07 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Beautiful piece you have there! Sorry to see you parting w/ it, but your situation really makes that bike look like what it is... a bunch of metal and plastic sitting in the driveway. Good luck to you and wife.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:44 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by 97Wolverine
Beautiful piece you have there! Sorry to see you parting w/ it, but your situation really makes that bike look like what it is... a bunch of metal and plastic sitting in the driveway. Good luck to you and wife.
Well, I can't quite put in that category! But I do feel strongly that it's time to move on. It starts to look pretty unnecessary, given the circumstances. I hope somebody will really enjoy it.

Thank you.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
Rand, my prayers go out to you and your wife. I hope sure hope she can destroy that awful stuff in short order!

As you well know I've wanted that sweet bike of yours for years now, but at this point I just don't have room for it in the garage with my current cage project.

Somebody will get one of the sweetest RC51s in the country and good luck my friend,
RC
Old 10-19-2011, 10:57 AM
SuperSport

zmaniv is on a distinguished road
Wow wish I had the funds to purchase this been lusting after one for years.

Hope your wife is doing well. I know the big C sucks,
alternative meds can help with some of the meds side effects. best of luck to you both.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:49 PM
SuperBike

Thanks for the well wishes. We've been dealing with it for almost a year.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

Originally Posted by RCVTR
Thanks for the well wishes. We've been dealing with it for almost a year.
If there's any thing we can do for you guys please just let us know cuz you and your family are part of this SH family...RC
Old 11-04-2011, 07:33 PM
SuperBike

Bump!

Last chance before it goes on ebay! I don't want to do it, but I need it out of my garage.

It is a really good RC51. I might evn throw in a set of track bodywork, if you are close enough that i can drive it to you.

Brad, I wish we could work something out, and you weren't maximally distant.

Whoever buys it will be very happy, indeed! I have a bunch of new pictures, if you want to see more.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:29 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Thats a beautiful bike. Thoughts and prayers to you and your wife for a speedy recovery.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:45 PM
SuperBike

It's up on ebay, with lots of new pictures. Starting at $4500.

Honda : RC51 | eBay
Old 11-08-2011, 08:05 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Rand, my older sis is a survivor of two bouts with the monster and has been cancer free now for nearly five years. All our best to the wife and best of luck with the sale of the RC. I wish I was about 2 thousand miles closer. I've always wanted one. And special thanks for all your contributions here. Once she is healthy again, maybe the bug for a new bike will visit you again like it did last time after your wreck. Best wishes!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:56 PM
SuperSport

ranchomice is on a distinguished road
Where in Norcal are you? Prayers to you and your Family. Would you consider a Superhawk and some cash? I'm in the Sacramento area.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:37 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by nuhawk
Rand, my older sis is a survivor of two bouts with the monster and has been cancer free now for nearly five years. All our best to the wife and best of luck with the sale of the RC. I wish I was about 2 thousand miles closer. I've always wanted one. And special thanks for all your contributions here. Once she is healthy again, maybe the bug for a new bike will visit you again like it did last time after your wreck. Best wishes!
Thanks for the kind words. She's doing extremely well. It looks like she's got it kicked. It is metastatic - she has a single liver tumor, that has reduced from 16mm down to 3mm. She is going to have it zapped with a radio frequency probe. After that, she will be NED (no evidence of disease). She will continue to take an estrogen blocker and a drug called Herceptin, for the foreseeable future. It is a terrifying disease. I'm here to keep her seeing the positive. She has made radical dietary changes and we strongly believe it is working. She is amazing.

Last edited by RCVTR; 11-09-2011 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:40 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by ranchomice
Where in Norcal are you? Prayers to you and your Family. Would you consider a Superhawk and some cash? I'm in the Sacramento area.
I don't need a Superhawk, since I don't ride on the street any more. I revoked that privelege, after a 75 MPH impact with a rock embankment.

She doesn't need to sit around waiting for that to happen again, even though I would have no intention of letting it happen again.

I'm in South Lake Tahoe.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

Thanks for the kind words. She's doing extremely well. It looks like she's got it kicked. It is metastatic - she has a single liver tumor, that has reduced from 16mm down to 3mm. She is going to have it zapped with a radio frequency probe. After that, she will be NED (no evidence of disease). She will continue to take an estrogen blocker and a drug called Herceptin, for the foreseeable future. It is a terrifying disease. I'm here to keep her seeing the positive. She has made radical dietary changes and we strongly believe it is working. She is amazing.
That's great news and good luck selling the rocket!
RC

Last edited by FL02SupaHawk996; 11-09-2011 at 10:42 AM. Reason: fixed it
Old 11-09-2011, 11:46 AM
SuperSport

zmaniv is on a distinguished road
Great news again.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:37 PM
SuperBike

SOLD. $6300 with race wheels, track bodywork.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:35 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

SOLD. $6300 with race wheels, track bodywork.
Nicely done big dawg!
RC