Jeepingoose

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 09:51 AM
Back Marker

asdf33 is on a distinguished road
Jeepingoose

Be warned about dealing with Jeepingoose. I paid for a fairing stay and some other parts from Jeepingoose on 05 Dec 2010. Weeks passed and I received no parts. On 17 Dec I posted to seller's thread and PM'd asking for an ETA. On 29 Dec seller finally replied to his thread saying the parts were ready to ship. After waiting a few more days, on 02 Jan 2011 I requested a refund. Jeepingoose agreed to issue a refund and initiated a PayPal refund two days later. That refund failed, with a 09 Jan email from PayPal that begins, "An eCheck payment from [Jeepingoose] was declined by the sender's bank..." Seller tried another refund which failed in the same manner, i.e. a bounced check, on 16 Jan. Around 45 days after my original payment, I initiated a PayPal dispute as a precaution (45 days is the PayPal time limit). Another refund failed on 20 Jan. I escalated the PayPal dispute to a claim. PayPal ruled in my favor. Seller attempted another refund that failed on 01 Feb 2011. That's THREE BOUNCED REFUND CHECKS and TWO MONTHS and counting since I paid.

My intent is not to disparage, but to state the facts as warning to the forum. Jeepingoose seems pleasant enough in written correspondence when he bothers to respond. I encourage others who have dealt with him to chime in, good or bad. Jeepingoose, let me know if anything above is inaccurate or unfair.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Head Scratcher
Back Marker

poppazuti is on a distinguished road
I got the part I ordered just not very quickly. Communication was spotty but also accurate in terms of when shipped and expected arrival. I know from my correspondence with him that he had quite a bit on his plate regarding job and personal affairs...but who amongst us doesn't.

Sorry about your experience, hope it does eventually get resolved.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Superstock

Jeepingoose is on a distinguished road
It was resolved. And once I get home I can go into more detail, but he failed to mention that he received his refund already.

Not trying to shift focus, just stating. I wasnt on here (or at home) nearly as much as I intended during the holidays. I have also had the issue corrected with my bank and paypal that caused 6 failed transactions (costing me over $175 in fees) that's why the refund was finally posted.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by Jeepingoose
It was resolved. And once I get home I can go into more detail, but he failed to mention that he received his refund already.

This is news to me. I have yet to receive a refund. The issue is certainly not resolved.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:23 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
FYI: (totally separate issue) when I had to do a paypal contest/refund I got it back, but only into my paypal account not all the way back to my bank account.

Look in your paypal account to see if you have credit there.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by asdf33
This is news to me. I have yet to receive a refund. The issue is certainly not resolved.
Ok, looks like paypal is being slow on giving it to you. The ach withdrawal posted to my account on the 27th, and the funds were deducted on the 4th.
I offered to just send you a cashiers check in the full amount and I would eat the fee but I never heard back from you.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:38 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
I've had paypal slow to act on refunds as well. As in a few days slow...
Old 02-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by Jeepingoose
I offered to just send you a cashiers check in the full amount and I would eat the fee but I never heard back from you.
Jeepingoose, I sense quite a bit of spin in above statement. In fact, you said, "I would be more than happy to give you a cashiers check if you had asked or I had thought about it till now." This quote is from a 04 Feb 2011 PM, over a month after I requested a refund and after your latest pending attempt to refund via PayPal. It seemed you wanted to issue the refund by way of PayPal to avoid fees, which is perfectly sensible to me. In my opinion, it is not my responsibility to propose viable refund methods to you. Further, in a later 04 Feb 2011 PM, you said, "I received this email, and I will respond later. contrary to what others may think, I do have a job and other things to do and dont get to surf the forums every single day like I used to." So I was (still am) waiting for a PM response from you! I do not feel the need to air every detail here. Continue in public if you must.

I will update this thread if/when I receive the refund.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by poppazuti
I got the part I ordered just not very quickly. Communication was spotty but also accurate in terms of when shipped and expected arrival.
I remember that, we had orginially discussed you and I meeting up in CA since you were gonna be in town. That didnt go through, so I just shipped to you.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Superstock

On 29 Dec seller finally replied to his thread saying the parts were ready to ship. After waiting a few more days, on 02 Jan 2011 I requested a refund. Jeepingoose agreed to issue a refund and initiated a PayPal refund two days later.
Actually what I said was "the fairing stay is off, and ready to ship. That rear intake funnel is in the works since the honda shop stripped the screw when they rebuilt my carbs last fall." When you PM'd me on the second thats when I said the parts were ready to ship and I even offered to ship the parts to you and refund you part of your payment for the hassle. You declined so I started the refund.
Attached Thumbnails Jeepingoose-untitled.jpg  
Old 02-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Superstock

That's THREE BOUNCED REFUND CHECKS and TWO MONTHS and counting since I paid.
Actually, its a total of SIX rejected withdrawls which I have spoken with my bank about and they have assured me it was a mistake on their part (something to do with security settings or something) and will credit me back the $174 in returned check fees the removed from my account.

I can show (not that I am obligated to, as it IS my personal bank info) proof that there was more than enough money in the account to cover the refund even after $174 was deducted for fees.

I tried to resolve this last month, speaking directly with PayPal and asking them to email you that I had spoken with them and that I wasnt trying to steal your money. I am not sure if they did, but I got an email from them after that conversation showing an issue has been detected.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Superstock

Jeepingoose, I sense quite a bit of spin in above statement. In fact, you said, "I would be more than happy to give you a cashiers check if you had asked or I had thought about it till now." This quote is from a 04 Feb 2011 PM, over a month after I requested a refund and after your latest pending attempt to refund via PayPal. It seemed you wanted to issue the refund by way of PayPal to avoid fees, which is perfectly sensible to me. In my opinion, it is not my responsibility to propose viable refund methods to you.
No spin. I clearly stated I wouldve (and still would) send you a cashiers check in the full amount. Maybe I couldve worded it a little different, so for that I apologize.

As for the fees... were talking about $3 and some change. After this headache with paypal and my bank and now you posting all this for the world to see, dont you think I wouldve avoided all of this for the sake of $3 had I known it would be such a nightmare?

Which leads me to this, I know its not your responsibility to "purpose viable refund methods". But if it were me and I was in your situation, I wouldve at least mentioned other options. Sorry I couldnt think of everything at the exact moment it needed to be brought up. Im human, I make mistakes and forget things at times. Especially with the kind of stress load Ive been under since October. Im not here to make excuses, just trying to save whats left of my reputation. Ive dealt with several people on this forum, both in person and electronicly and this was the first time I have ever had to refund via paypal.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:38 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by 7moore7
I've had paypal slow to act on refunds as well. As in a few days slow...
I had a seller refund me via paypal a few years ago (transaction via Ebay. I won the auction, paid only to find out he had sold it locally and forgot to close the auction) but I dont remember how long it took.

Side note: Your Ohlins rear shock is enroute. Should be there today or tomorrow since it shipped priority and youre just one state over. I wasnt sure which of the mounts went with the shock and which were part of the original bike so I included all of them in with it just for good measure.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Superstock

This from the paypal website:

"Total amount:
$121.37 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
$121.37 USD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:
Jan 27, 2011
Time:
12:28:46 HST
Uncleared (Expected Clearing Date: Feb 13, 2011) "

"Electronic Funds Transfer Availability
If you have a confirmed bank account, you can add funds to your PayPal account by transferring money from a confirmed bank account. A bank transfer to your PayPal account completes within 3-4 business days. You will receive an email confirmation when you add funds to your account.

Note: The completion of your transfer is subject to your bank's processing schedule and fund availability policies. Please contact your bank for more specific processing questions."

And just to show Im not a liar not a thief, heres a page from my bank statement. Notice also the PayPal payment to blockbuster the day before the refund cleared my bank.

So according to this, the bank released the money on the 4th (after it took a week to finally clear from the "pending" column) and its going to take PayPal an additional 9 days to process. Twice as long as they state in the above paragraph.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Superstock

Thankfully Paypal finally came through.

This email arrived shortly after I posted last time.

Took Paypal 14 days from the time the refund was first deducted from my bank till the email arrived saying it was resolved.

Last edited by Jeepingoose; 02-09-2011 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Added "14 days"
Old 02-09-2011, 05:31 PM
Back Marker

I received a refund via paypal today, 09 Feb 2011, a full 38 calendar days after requested.

There is no doubt complications existed on seller's end between his bank and paypal. Regardless, I am disappointed with the seller and would not do business with him again.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:34 PM
Back Marker

offroad_rider2008 is on a distinguished road
well I believe in the fact that **** happens, and I feel jeepingoose has upheld hie side to the best of his ability, and I still plan on doing business with him
Old 02-10-2011, 04:43 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

NooB is on a distinguished road
Ease up people. I've bought stuff from Jeepingoose and he was a great guy to deal with.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by offroad_rider2008
well I believe in the fact that **** happens, and I feel jeepingoose has upheld hie side to the best of his ability, and I still plan on doing business with him
Originally Posted by NooB
Ease up people. I've bought stuff from Jeepingoose and he was a great guy to deal with.
Thanks guys!
Old 02-10-2011, 08:23 PM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
I received the Ohlins!

My thoughts: The shock did take awhile to get here from the date that I paid for it. This was somewhat unnerving because of the usual quickness of internet transactions these days and the amount of scammers roaming around the web.

That being said, communication was very up front with the parting out of his 'hawk and Jeepingoose always responded to my pm's within a day or two (and gave me his phone number, although I never felt the need to use it). He even responded when he had no updates, which gets an A+ in my book. I would have no hesitation doing business with him again and expect that this was just a rough stretch that piled a lot on his plate unexpectedly.

Oh, and now I have an Ohlins . Did I say that already?
Old 02-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by 7moore7
I received the Ohlins!

Oh, and now I have an Ohlins . Did I say that already?
So... what youre saying is... you got the Ohlins?
Old 02-11-2011, 11:45 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Did someone say something about Ohlins?