RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

An Apology....

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Banned
MotoGP

8541Hawk will become famous soon enough
An Apology....

Well it's time for me to man up and say sorry to you guys (well most of you....) for getting sucked into some extremely childish crap these last couple of days.

Now for my side of this issue, as most of you guys know I am opinionated and have no problem telling someone if I think they have posted a bad idea.

I also tend not to sugar coat things, that is just who I am.

Also when someone comes at me with a statement like, unlike yourself, I know what I'm talking about, well you just might get a reaction.

I have also heard how I just attack people if they have a different opinion and ask for facts when I don't give any to support my views.

While I can see how my writing style might offend some, the no facts comments seem odd as I have written novels (or so it seems at times) explaining why I have the opinion that I do.

So yeah I can see that there is some bad blood towards me at times. All I can say is sorry, I was just trying to help folks out.

Then while reading the rant from yesterday, the whole I need to build a power base so I can get at other members did strike me as something this place really doesn't need. I won't even touch the shooting someone comment, as that was just out of line IMHO.

So instead of just laughing it off I did make some comments, once again I should have know better and sorry guys.

In closing I will say that I have never meant to make someone feel attacked, I just have tried to help out my fellow SH owners and pass on some of the things I have picked up over the years.

Which means pointing out when I hear something that might not be a good idea. I guess this can **** people off, once again sorry.

As the only real thing that matters to me is to keep this forum a good place to stop by, so I'll leave it up to you, the members.

If you guys feel I am a liability and I just cause problems around here, let me know and I will happily leave the place and delete my entire account and every post I have made. No problems and no worries.

Hope you all have a great week and sorry, once again, for bring so much drama to this corner of the net.

Semper Fi & Carry on.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:15 AM
Superstock

speedkelly@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Hey your in good company. ? ‘I’m sorry’: Jeremy Clarkson apologises after 'shoot them’ rant sparks 4,700 complaints - TV & Radio, Entertainment - Independent.ie

This guy always make me laugh.

Storm in a Teacup mate.

Your alright with me.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:30 AM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
It's OK. At times we all tend to defend our opinions as "truth". Much of what we deal with here tends to be info that comes from our personal experience and at times those experiences might appear to be opposed to someone else's and the first act is to "defend". I also find this seems more prevalent in non riding months and in my case if I'm tired and cranky. Most of the info in the threads you've been involved with have interesting points and internal combustion has a lot of variables that after 44 years of riding and wrenching, I still have new info come through the forum and at times realize I may have held a misconception and should incorporate the new data. Remember guys, it's the love of these motorcycles and joy of toying with them that brings us here to "bench race".
Old 12-01-2011, 11:42 AM
SuperSport

comedo is on a distinguished road
8541Hawk: It took a good, brave and honourable man to write what you did. I hope you'll stick around.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Back Marker

Partsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes I would have to say I may have let my fingers get a little out of hand as well 8541Hawk....I will let this go now that you have done the same......It just seemed like you jumped on me for no apparent reason...That being said.....if you also would like a copy of the free crap list let me know....G
Old 12-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Back Marker

PappySmears is on a distinguished road
All a bit melodramatic I feel. Lets just talk bikes, when we are not riding them
Old 12-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
I think I just saw poppy feet flip a bugger at tornado twins! Stir the pot, stir the pot! LOL..

It's OK for adults to agree to disagree and leave it at that. No room for threats, name calling, or all that other bullshit.. Keep it real, and keep it rolling...
Old 12-01-2011, 05:00 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Mike, I've never met you, but I think you are a decent guy, at the very least. I know you have helped other forum members personally, hands on, sort out problems with their bikes. That's why anyone that has paid attention, would notice that you sometimes ask where a member lives, with the intent of lending a helping hand, not to mention knowledge.

I can disassemble and reassemble an old Rochester Quadrajet just about blindfolded. The Keihins on our bikes are very simple and easy to work on, compared to most automotive carbs, but I was hesitant to tear into my carbs, since my bike was running pretty fine with the stock exhaust.

After doing research on the forum 2 or so years ago, I shimmed my needles. That led to an improvement I wasn't expecting. Then after my stock cans were turned into pretzels, thanks to a distracted 19 year old, I got my Yosh slip-ons. I did more research and followed your recommendation of going to 48 pilots and leaving the mains stock. That did it. My bike runs like a champ, and it's members like you who helped me without even knowing it.

I've checked out a few other forums from time to time, and ours is the best for giving serious and accurate advice, from what I've seen.

I would hope that one disgruntled member wouldn't stop you from continuing what you've done here up to this point.

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 12-01-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:14 PM
Superstock

speedkelly@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Post whoring here.

Mike also has helped me out. By spending more than an hour on the phone giving me advice. Hell I wish I lived closer to him, so he could help out with some hands on mechanical assistance.
Mike is definitely a great asset to this forum as are a few other of you guys.

Hell I'm sure Partsman is great guy too!

Ok, thread jack here. How the hell do you guys have so many posts? I joined the same time as Mike, yet you have 10x's the post count as me? I guess you must be helping a lot of people out huh?
Old 12-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Post Whoring Newbie Thread......lol
Or I just talk a lot....
Old 12-01-2011, 05:50 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
You wont shut up sometimes.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:51 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
Sorry, just trying to post ***** for some more post counts
Old 12-01-2011, 06:16 PM
Banned
MotoGP

Tell me about it...... hey got to get to 4K somehow....
Old 12-01-2011, 06:50 PM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
I think 8541Hawk and Partsman are blowing this whole thing out of proportion. This is a forum, everybody has an opinion on the internet.

Mike, your posts have helped me out, and after I got run off the road by another bike this summer and my hawk was pretty smacked up (as well as me, lol) Gareth helped with some well priced parts to start to put it back together.

No point in taking anything personally on a forum...

you're both good guys.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:47 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
8541 Hawk; Hope you take the following in the 100% positive spirit in which it is intended;

The only gripe I've ever had about you is that you're a bit quick on the draw. A bit eager to take personal offense when none was intended or indicated. On the flip side?

You know your ****, are ready, willing and able to offer valuable assistance , you are a fighter, you've got ***** and as I've told you before, I consider you an asset and credit to this forum. No reason for you to leave.

As for the last few day's championship pissing match? Haven't followed the whole thing but my impression is less a case of you being wrong in essence and more a case of you going to defcon1 and wasting your time for no good reason.

We've all heard the phrase "don't bring a knife to a gun fight", right? Good advice.

Here's mine. When you know all your opponent has is a Roy Rogers cap pistol and a couple of water balloons, why not go for a ride or simply stay home instead?
Old 12-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Back Marker

Partsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Not again with the BS.....Seriously.......And yes you are right RK1....all I have is a Roy Rogers toy pistol.....but it shoots really fast and quiet!
Old 12-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Lets just walk away and move on.. Shall we..
Old 12-02-2011, 03:20 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
Enough already... I've never had to do a temp ban to anyone, and I don't want to start now... So its over... No more comments, or references... Just move along..