SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   VTR1000f Converter box (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/vtr1000f-converter-box-30065/)

Mucky66 03-29-2013 11:49 PM

VTR1000f Converter box

My VTR1000f is not running smooth on high revs, we check and cleaned the whole fuel system and all is fine, we discovered a "klick klick klick" noise in the converter box (sits on top of the ECU unit) and thought there might be a loose connection inside the box on higher revs, hence i ordered another one second hand from ebay. The box received now does the same klick klick klick noise as my old one. it still behaves the same on high rev, thought it mind be a little better as before...anyway does anyone could check if is klick klick klick noise in the converter box is normal... There is only my VTR1000f here in south Thailand so i can not check on another bike...if that is normal ok if not i need to order a new box but would like to know first since they are not cheap...

Tweety 03-30-2013 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Mucky66 (Post 351630)
My VTR1000f is not running smooth on high revs, we check and cleaned the whole fuel system and all is fine, we discovered a "klick klick klick" noise in the converter box (sits on top of the ECU unit) and thought there might be a loose connection inside the box on higher revs, hence i ordered another one second hand from ebay. The box received now does the same klick klick klick noise as my old one. it still behaves the same on high rev, thought it mind be a little better as before...anyway does anyone could check if is klick klick klick noise in the converter box is normal... There is only my VTR1000f here in south Thailand so i can not check on another bike...if that is normal ok if not i need to order a new box but would like to know first since they are not cheap...

The clicking is most likely the sound of the condensators unloading, ie not a loose something...

If you want help figuring out the reasons for the bike running rough, you'll have to give us more to go on...

Mucky66 03-30-2013 01:02 AM

On high revs its missing / stuttering and no power, sometimes also happen when cruising constant rev at 4000, we did take out the speed restriction on the ECU and the power restriction on the carb, its a Japanese bike. But it did the same before we un-restricted the bike

Mucky66 03-30-2013 01:04 AM

Even reving high on the first and second gear it start to miss behave by 7-8000 revs

Mucky66 03-30-2013 01:16 AM

Exhaust pipes are open aftermarket and are rather black..

whatthefnck 03-30-2013 01:42 AM

Hey mucky instead of adding more replys you can 'edit' your messages. Just lettin you know. Took me a while to figure that out haa

Tweety 03-30-2013 01:50 AM

Start by disconnecting the sidestand switch, to eliminate it from the equation...

GTS 03-30-2013 08:07 AM

Sounds like you need to tweek your jetting in the carb.

Mucky66 03-30-2013 10:36 PM

thanks guys will try and let you know whats happen

JamieDaugherty 03-31-2013 08:19 AM

Do you know what jetting you are running? I have seen it a lot where guys will have a set of slip-ons and think they need to go up three main jet sizes when in fact stock or one up would be plenty.

If you have that info available it would be really helpful.

Mucky66 03-31-2013 08:28 AM

Ok i will check and come back....thanks....bynthe way i got k&n airfilter as well

xeris 03-31-2013 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mucky66 (Post 351743)
Ok i will check and come back....thanks....bynthe way i got k&n airfilter as well

It's not clear to me if the issues you describe are a new problem or not.
There is plenty of first hand negative experience with K&N filters on a Superhawk to suggest you first start by replacing it with a stock filter.