SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   the tear down begins (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/tear-down-begins-32103/)

free2ride 05-27-2014 02:07 PM

the tear down begins

So ive finally got the regulator and ive started tear down of rear section ..and its the start of a over haul... Im running my super hawk naked (no fairings) but ive heard it causes less air flow to radiators ..should i go with custom vents or should i be fine? And does anyone have any tips on the install of the regulator...any problems or mishaps

Wolverine 05-27-2014 03:08 PM

Great write-up on the R/R swap over in the knowledge base.

bzera 05-27-2014 04:32 PM

prob some info if you search street fighter radiator or something close to that.. I think I've seen people mount them up front?

DEFINATELY disconnect your battery before starting.

And agree %100 with wolverine. More ive just plain read here more I know. Tons of great stuff here

7moore7 05-27-2014 04:49 PM

I ran side rads and naked for a summer in Phoenix with no overheating issues. Every rider has a different experience, but with a properly working cooling system there's not likely to be a problem. Many others have as well. Most people ditch the side rads for aesthetic issues, not functional ones.

free2ride 05-27-2014 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Wolverine (Post 373495)
Great write-up on the R/R swap over in the knowledge base.

R/R is inatalled and now starts fine took some mounting issues because i wasbt sent the proper length wire but it was simple after that

sjscicluna 05-27-2014 09:54 PM

can you post some pics????

brettbutzer 06-02-2014 11:07 PM

hello..

I ran part rads and nude for a summer time in Arizona with no heating up problems. Every driver has a different experience, but with a effectively maintained air conditioning system there's not likely to be a problem. Many others have as well. Most people dump the part rads for visual problems, not efficient ones.if you have problem about gate auto gate repairing is the best

brettbutzer 06-02-2014 11:09 PM

hi..

I ran part rads and nude for a summer time in Arizona with no heating up problems. Every driver has a different experience, but with a effectively maintained air conditioning system there's not likely to be a problem. Many others have as well. Most people dump the part rads for visual problems, not efficient ones.

CruxGNZ 06-02-2014 11:52 PM

I assume Mr. Brett is drunk. Or...hit his head?

jerryh 06-03-2014 12:04 AM

He's probably just being friendly Matt wow. Or he's picturing 7 running nude

VTR1000F 06-03-2014 06:07 AM

I don't care if he is drunk. I want to see a write-up on his air conditioner system mod. It gets pretty hot and muggy here in Illinois and a/c would be sweet.

I hope the write-up includes some dyno numbers to show how much HP is lost to driving the a/c compressor.