SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   T in the vacuum line? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/t-vacuum-line-22839/)

dshakes 06-09-2010 07:26 PM

T in the vacuum line?

I have been wrestling with the carbs now for days and cant seem to solve this problem. I have tried numerous scenarios and in the end its the same:mad: If i open the throttle smoothly and in a linear fashion its okay. If i flick the throttle quick like you would if you were showing the sound of a new set of cans or something, then it bogs before actually revving. I put a T in the vacuum line and capped it for synch purposes and my question is this; could the diameter of the T fitting be too small and causing a vacuum problem? I did the tps mod and tried 1 washer, 2 washers, slotted the mixture screws and tried 1.75, 2.00, 2.25, 2.50 and even three turns out. It made a difference just not for the problem. Im going to deals gap next friday for the first time and i need my hawk in top form:( Any ideas? Checked all my connections and slide boots etc... No pvlir or anything.

trinc 06-09-2010 08:05 PM

the line you put a T into goes to the fuel petcock it should not cause any problem like you describe. if it did cause a problem it would be high rpm runs draining the carb bowls... and the petcock not opening enough to too keep them full.

mine has seen many of high speed runs and i don't have any issues having a T installed.

tim

Hawkrider 06-09-2010 08:43 PM

There's one other possibility I've seen before. One or both slides could be hanging up at the bottom. Take the airbox cover and filter out and very slowly lift each slide with your finger. They should be smooth, and they should slide shut smoothly on their own. If there is any extra friction on either slide then you'll have to find out where it's coming from, file/sand whatever is causing it, and maybe lubricate it with some silicone spray.

dshakes 06-10-2010 02:49 AM

i'll give that a shot when i get home from work. As i recall they were pretty smooth though. maybe bad plugs?

steve29 06-10-2010 07:55 AM

Dshakes, when you say you tried one,two washers are you refering to a needle shim? If so, that may be your problem. Did you sync the carbs afterwords? Also for the quick sync setup, did you plug the hose coming off the joint boost that you install on the front cylinder? I've left my unplugged and it ran like crap. It cracked and popped thru the exhaust just idling, when I realized it and plugged it, it ran fine.

dshakes 06-10-2010 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by steve29 (Post 269697)
Dshakes, when you say you tried one,two washers are you refering to a needle shim? If so, that may be your problem. Did you sync the carbs afterwords? Also for the quick sync setup, did you plug the hose coming off the joint boost that you install on the front cylinder? I've left my unplugged and it ran like crap. It cracked and popped thru the exhaust just idling, when I realized it and plugged it, it ran fine.

Yeah i was reffering to the shimming the needle. I have devil high mounts and stock filter. Tried the oem washer plus one,plus two,and back to oem. Different fuel mixture settings for every setup. Checked the mj and the holes are clean and clear, carb slide boots in correctly with no pinches or tears, I synched the carbs, plugged all the lines back up, v-stacks in the right spots and i think i checked about everything else. I am clueless. I am going to try and get a video up later from my wifes phone to show what my problem is. Just got home from work so its back to it...