SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Rejetted today and WOW (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/rejetted-today-wow-10886/)

SuperHawkins 03-24-2007 11:54 AM

Rejetted today and WOW

I just got the bike back and it runs like a completely different beast, I rode the 10 miles BACK to the shop to tip the guy I was so happy.... They told me he spent the better part of 2 days on it, and had to play with the jetting twice on the dyno because it just refused to run right......but the time he spent with it sure paid off.

The bike's got a drop-in, the airbox snorkel is out, and slipons among other non-engine mods....well he cleaned and synched the carbs, and used my Factory Pro kit...with a 178 main in front and 180 on the rear, a 50 pilot jet and needles in the #3 position. It idles dead-steady, revs up quick and smooth, it's surprisingly strong in the mid-range considering the airbox snorkel is gone! I'm in Florida so I'm at sea-level elevation, by the way.

Just had to post up, I'm ecstatic right now....power-on wheelies in 2nd and 3rd gear are awesome :twisted:

captainchaos 03-24-2007 12:38 PM

Hey sounds like you're excited! That's awesome. I'm in south florida so thanks for the info. A guy I know is getting a dyno in his shop soon so I'll be finally jetting mine to go along with the full exhaust. Was going to put the advancer on but I've read that all it seems to be good for is making the bike run hotter. Enjoy...

captainchaos 03-24-2007 12:43 PM

By the way mine runs perfect right now I was most afraid of someone farting around with it and making it run worse...you know how that goes.

SuperHawkins 03-24-2007 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by captainchaos (Post 45543)
By the way mine runs perfect right now I was most afraid of someone farting around with it and making it run worse...you know how that goes.

Sure do, mine ran TERRIBLE before I brought it in...

Well hopefully you can use some of that info as guidelines seeing as we're at the same elevation... Mine took the guy so long because he had no real baseline where to start at, he said he had it apart 3 or 4 times....wound up costing me $320 :shock:

But hell, I guess it was worth it since he did a bang-up job. And he cleaned and lubed everything and even bled my brakes (they were getting a little spongy)

Birdoprey 03-24-2007 01:12 PM

who did the work? I'm in the same county as you and it might be good to know of a competent shop.

SuperHawkins 03-24-2007 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Birdoprey (Post 45547)
who did the work? I'm in the same county as you and it might be good to know of a competent shop.

Atlantic Cycle Service, in West Melbourne. Address is 154 Park Hill Blvd, 32904. It's the road next to the Advance Auto Parts, across from the Melbourne Square Mall, if youre familiar with that area on 192.

The guy who did the work's name is John and the owner is Colin. If you wind up going there, tell them Brooks sent ya. :)