SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   R/R Question (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/r-r-question-29785/)

Squid 02-03-2013 05:18 AM

R/R Question

So is the R/R mainly on the bike for charging the battey or does it run most of the bikes electronics since it converts AC / DC? Or am I just talking out my a$$?

Wicky 02-03-2013 07:14 AM

What is a Regulator/Rectifier and what can go wrong with it

Wemoto - Regulator/Rectifier

Squid 02-03-2013 08:38 AM

Thanks Wicky!

99vtrmayhem 02-04-2013 06:48 PM

quick question about the r/r where can i get a MOSFET R/R ... is there a swap from another bike ... thanks

ive seen the "universal" kits or whatever , just wonder if there was a bike to bike swap for the superhawk , im new to the superhawk , so i guess this would be my introduction to the forum as well. so hello to all u fellow hawkies... i have always wanted a vtwin sport bike, actually wanted a rc51 but came across a trade for the hawk that i couldnt pass up, i traded str8 up no cash envoled a 1987 fzr1000 vance and hines editon with 34k on it for my now new to me 99 superhawk with 22k on it so i think i did pretty well .... so anyway any upgrades,mods, or swaps that i need to be aware of? ... thanks for the awsome site ive learned alot already, any advice on the R/R or anything else would be greatly appreciated.

Tebs 02-04-2013 07:20 PM

Welcome to the forum! There is a wealth of information contained here and great people with awesome advice and years of experience regarding these wonderful bikes.

Since you are new, my advice is that I strongly recommend you get familiar with the "search" key prior to posting questions. In my experience just about every topic has been covered and senior members get a little salty (rightfully so) when "search" isnt used first.

However, if you exhaust the "search" function and still dont find what you are looking for I would try posting something like this. "I've checked the search function and can't find what I'm looking for does anyone have a link(s) too....."

Trust me, you will get a ton more positive responses / help and no pencils poked into your eyes :shock:.

Oh and post pics of your bike or didnt happen (the red ones are the fastest) !

WELCOME!:D

NHSH 02-04-2013 08:06 PM

Squid, you been here for a while now... I would expect you to know something about it by now ;)
In any case, for your knowledge.. The R/R is there only to convert AC to DC and regulate the voltage as part of the charging system to the battery alone on this bike.
Everything runs exclusively from the battery in almost any bike today, you can find another application that runs with no battery, but that you can find mostly on off road bikes and some scooters, the systems are very different though and require a kick start.

smokinjoe73 02-04-2013 09:13 PM

Use an R1 unit. Its been working great on my bike for years

NVDutchie 02-05-2013 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 348756)
Use an R1 unit. Its been working great on my bike for years

I just ordered one on eBay, R6/R1 2003 unit for $50 shipped !!
from what I've seen on this site , should work just fine !