SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Pls direct me to threads so I don't waste your time. (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/pls-direct-me-threads-so-i-dont-waste-your-time-27366/)

theosagekid 01-12-2012 09:54 PM

Pls direct me to threads so I don't waste your time.

I have a laundry list of projects I'd like to do a few at a time and I'm sure most of them have been covered elsewhere in the forum already. Could you all steer me towards the pertinent information?

I. Converting turnsignals to LED using existing housings.
(I have shorty-stalks on the back instead of stock.)
A. Keeping turnsignals blinking at the correct rate after converting.

II. Recalibrating the speedo after changing the number of teeth on the sprocket.

III. Is there anyone who makes a setup where electrical accessories can have their own separate "fuse board" so that I don't have to run a bunch of spaghetti off of the battery?

IV. What's the best (proven) setup to brighten the "cyclops" light? I don't neccessarily want white. It looks kinda cool right now with a blue filament-type bulb but it's horrible dim.

V. I want to eventually swap the mirrors out for ones that have integrated turnsignals. I have a set of the Gen-Mar mirror extenders on the stock mirrors now and they didn't improve anything.
a: What fits the stock mounting points the best, and
b: Are there any that allow you to see more than your elbows?

VI. I plan to put in an eastern beaver headlight kit short-term.
What are the higher-output options, and how are they done?

VII. After going to integrated mirror/turnsignals I'd like to mount high-output driving lights using the ports in the fairing where the stock front turnsignals were.
Any recommendations on the actual type/brand/shape of lights, and could they be mounted using the OEM turnsignal stalks by chopping the end off or some such thing?

TIA for pushing in the right directions.

GlockPointer 01-12-2012 10:08 PM

Cmon man, look around, I am a newb here and I have made some of those mods just by paying attention.

DEhings mod,speedohealer,ebay,Denhings mod,ebay,search,ebay/easternbeav.

Wicky 01-13-2012 02:30 AM

All of the info is available on this site or out in the wild - put this in the google search bar for a more powerful search inc. 3 letter words for this site.

your keyword/s here site:https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/
As a bonus, for your 'equipment board search for relay equipment motorcycle distribution connector, will turn out results like this...

Wiring a Relay for Accessories

.: Distribution Block / Powered Relay | Canyon Chasers Motorcycle Sport Touring :.

Enjoy

Tweety 01-13-2012 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by theosagekid (Post 322834)
I have a laundry list of projects I'd like to do a few at a time and I'm sure most of them have been covered elsewhere in the forum already. Could you all steer me towards the pertinent information?

I. Converting turnsignals to LED using existing housings.
(I have shorty-stalks on the back instead of stock.)
A. Keeping turnsignals blinking at the correct rate after converting.

II. Recalibrating the speedo after changing the number of teeth on the sprocket.

III. Is there anyone who makes a setup where electrical accessories can have their own separate "fuse board" so that I don't have to run a bunch of spaghetti off of the battery?

IV. What's the best (proven) setup to brighten the "cyclops" light? I don't neccessarily want white. It looks kinda cool right now with a blue filament-type bulb but it's horrible dim.

V. I want to eventually swap the mirrors out for ones that have integrated turnsignals. I have a set of the Gen-Mar mirror extenders on the stock mirrors now and they didn't improve anything.
a: What fits the stock mounting points the best, and
b: Are there any that allow you to see more than your elbows?

VI. I plan to put in an eastern beaver headlight kit short-term.
What are the higher-output options, and how are they done?

VII. After going to integrated mirror/turnsignals I'd like to mount high-output driving lights using the ports in the fairing where the stock front turnsignals were.
Any recommendations on the actual type/brand/shape of lights, and could they be mounted using the OEM turnsignal stalks by chopping the end off or some such thing?

TIA for pushing in the right directions.

Well, since Wicky already told you about using google for nice searches on the forum, I'll just give you a few keywords... ;)

1. Custom LED Electronic LED Flasher Blinker Relay - Plug And Play, also plenty of LED bulbs...

2. Speedohealer

5. If you are up for a bit of DIY, search GSXR mirrors... Includes turnsignals...

6. Either a higher wattage bulb with the e-beaver harness, or a HID projector... NOT a HID bulb, a projector...

7. With a HID projector capable of both high and lowbeam, this becomes entirely unneccesary, trust me...