SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   This one is on me :) (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/one-me-10659/)

Darkone22 03-01-2007 03:14 PM

This one is on me :)

2 Attachment(s)
Hay hows it going hope all is well ,,, Ok this is my prob> Over the last week end i painted the inside of both my wheels. All went as of plan. The other day i went to put the back wheel on and i have forgot where the little washer goes. If it goes on behind of the nut or inbetween the wheel and the brake accessible> ty for what help u guys can come up with oh and i have a 1998 red superchick

Attachment 2654

Attachment 2655

joshn569 03-01-2007 04:43 PM

wheels look sick man. I think the washer goes on before the nut.

superhawk22 03-01-2007 04:56 PM

Yep, the thin washer goes on the side with the nut inbetween the nut and the adjuster.

Darkone22 03-01-2007 05:58 PM

Oh sweet guys ty for your help and fast help ,,, the wether here is getting really nice. Theres not a lot of hawks runing around down here in small town of lafayette ga.(make that none.) so i really injoy getting out and about and let here shine. And i was really not happy to think that i forgot where it went got lucky tho i dont have to take the wheel back off now. hehe its in the right place. Be bad for the wheel to wobble alittle at 65 :oops: Oh and i had fun trying to tape them wheels off right with just some masking tape.;)

Hawkrider 03-01-2007 06:36 PM

Wheels look good. Just a word of advice though, when using that stand place it further back on the swingarm, like just forward of the rear sprocket. It'll have less chance of falling off, will be more stable, and will be easier to get up and down.

Texassuperhawk 03-01-2007 07:21 PM

That looks awesome, adds a cool look to the chicken

nuhawk 03-01-2007 07:49 PM

I bought a set of wheels from Hawxster996 that he had polished the outer rims and painted the spokes and inner hubs red. My kid is running the rear on his CBR right now (nail) and it looks good on his bike. I bought them so I wouldn't have to polish them myself (lots of work) but was going to powder-coat the centers hi-gloss black and run it with a '98 CBR900 wheel (all red) in the rear like 'Bling's. I still might but it does have a good look on the Superhawk in red & black. :thumbsup:

Darkone22 03-02-2007 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider (Post 43225)
Wheels look good. Just a word of advice though, when using that stand place it further back on the swingarm, like just forward of the rear sprocket. It'll have less chance of falling off, will be more stable, and will be easier to get up and down.

Ty man i done this to try to give me a little more room to work to get the back wheel off> But u are right about being more stable I can tell u one thing it did not stay that way for to long lol just got this shot off and i said to my self that would be a a painfull fall. Just dont know who would fill it more... I would say me. I can see me jumping under it. all worth it to save my babby

azhawk1 03-02-2007 04:37 PM

thats the right attitude to have , when my little accident happened it was very painful for me due to the fact it was on the trailer and all I could do was watch in horror:boom: :trailerin: as my baby tipped over in my rearview:(

Darkone22 03-03-2007 03:40 AM

:( I would have cryed. my wife would have to hold me for a few min. Then i would cry some more

Birdoprey 03-03-2007 08:00 AM

+1 on the crying. like a baby.
your wife will hold you ?!? jeez, where did I go wrong...:bitchslap:

nuhawk 03-03-2007 08:54 AM

I thought Hawkrider was going to put up a wailing smilie! God knows that the way I felt after my crash. I'm gonna go look for that smilie!

Well, there was this other emotion too! :gatlin:

joshn569 03-03-2007 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by azhawk1 (Post 43296)
thats the right attitude to have , when my little accident happened it was very painful for me due to the fact it was on the trailer and all I could do was watch in horror:boom: :trailerin: as my baby tipped over in my rearview:(

how fast were you going?

Hawkrider 03-03-2007 02:23 PM

This one?

:cry:

azhawk1 03-03-2007 03:02 PM

turning a bumpy corner doing about 20-25 mph .luckily my wifes sv was next to it and fell on top of the hawk which held her in the trailer till I could get out of traffic and figure it all out:|

scottiemann 03-03-2007 04:14 PM

make wheel chocks with 2x4's

if you want i can send you a rough sketch

Darkone22 03-03-2007 11:45 PM

:lol: I can see u making the wife drive and u hoping in the back now :cool:

azhawk1 03-04-2007 05:34 PM

I actually bought some lp chocks and just bolted them down have yet to put the bikes on it yet though. thanks alot for the offer:)

BMiller 03-04-2007 05:51 PM

Wheels look good, nice job. My buddy did the same on his Monster the other day.:twisted:

scottiemann 03-05-2007 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by azhawk1 (Post 43464)
I actually bought some lp chocks and just bolted them down have yet to put the bikes on it yet though. thanks alot for the offer:)

no problem...i work construction so it only takes a few minutes to put some together if i'm trailering...however i prefer to ride it:lol: