SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   OEM Tool-Kit Question (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/oem-tool-kit-question-29969/)

WhOrD 03-12-2013 10:11 AM

Superhawk OEM Tool-Kit Question

East Bay Motorsports | Motorcycle For Sale| Used Motorcycle For Sale| Northern California San Francisco Bay Area Yamaha | Honda | Kawasaki | Suzuki | Polaris | Sea-Doo | Can-Am | Spyder | ATV | Boat | PWC | Generator | Dealership

****URL ABOVE GOES TO THE MICROFICHE /sp?)****

The tool-kit was not included with my Superhawk and I will soon need to remove the spark plugs to assist with the CCT replacement.

Tool # 7 89216-MY1-000 (Doesn't this also work for removing the crank case plug?) :confused:

Looking into the future (I hate waiting for parts) which other tools in the kit should I purchase which are of a more "specialized" nature like this spark plug removal socket?

(Please state the part number as I am no good with mechanic speak)

Jack Flash 03-12-2013 10:34 AM

If you know someone with a lathe, get yourself for a few dollars a regular
18mm box, and have it thinned out to clear cylinder wall. No wait, and alot cheaper.

7moore7 03-12-2013 11:00 AM

Or get a craftsman 18mm thin walled deep socket, fits right in there and has the rubber to hold the plug in as well.

8541Hawk 03-12-2013 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by 7moore7 (Post 350678)
Or get a craftsman 18mm thin walled deep socket, fits right in there and has the rubber to hold the plug in as well.

:iagree: That's what I use, quick and easy. There is no need for the factory tool kit, you can make your own with better quality tools for less$$ IMHO ;)

WhOrD 03-12-2013 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk (Post 350682)
:iagree: That's what I use, quick and easy. There is no need for the factory tool kit, you can make your own with better quality tools for less$$ IMHO ;)

I was able to get my hands on a 3/8th 18mm deep Craftsman spark-plug socket..but I could not find any locally with a "thin" profile. Not even on the Sears website did the description mention "thin."

On top of that, its a 6 side instead of 12, I heard 12 is thinner but only 1/2" came with 12 sides and it was thicker than the 3/8th 6 side. No worries, it was free and new so nothing is lost. If it doesn't work I'll just order the OEM p.o.s part. :cool:

Besides, I need to do the carbs first and I don't want to do multiple jobs at once.

:eek::eek::eek:You guys are so freaking awesome!:eek::eek::eek:

7moore7 03-12-2013 02:09 PM

I'm nearly certain mine is 6 sided and don't remember it saying thin; you probably have the right part...

WhOrD 03-12-2013 07:13 PM

Key Words: Spark Plug Removal

Hopefully if someone needs to use the search function who did not receive the OEM toolkit and needs to remove the spark plugs.

Craftsman Easy read 18mm Deep Spark plug Socket. 3/8th 6 side perfectly fits.