SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   new bike.. what front end is this? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/new-bike-what-front-end-26079/)

dthomp87 07-06-2011 01:17 AM

new bike.. what front end is this?

just bought this bike. wondering what the front end is from, is it from a cbr 954rr ? im looking for bar risers for it so i need to make sure i get the right one. whats the cheapest way to put risers on there?

The farings looked like shite. the whole bike needs a paintjob clear coat failure :(... so i took them off and im debating either painting them or leaving them off, so far i like the way it looks a lot better without the fairings. wonder if its possible to anodize those radiators?

If i keep em off im gunna need a new headlight, i havent seen any decent Bi-xenon headlights anywhere do they exist? i was thinking of retrofitting some to another headlight but i cant find anything that will do. Do those Halogen 55w lights put much out? i cant imagine driving with desk lamps on the front of my bike/cant be too safe, and look like shite if you ask me.

1971allchaos 07-06-2011 04:38 AM

The aerial views of the bike / really doesn't help in the identification of that front end...(Without a Shadow of a Doubt)
Yet - The lower triple is probably or looks like(IMO) a SP1/RC-51, the upper triple looks to be (IMO) a CBR929/954, The front forks (IMO)are RC-51 / yet those are the strangest front brake calper brackets.
But the three spoke wheels SCREAM CBR 929/954- So more than likely , Previous owner-just put a CBR 929/ 954 swap.. (IMO)

If you will put a set of vernier calipers on the top of the inverted forks/ and give us a measurement in MM. I may have the risers / your looking for ....

mikstr 07-06-2011 05:53 AM

RC51 forks and calipers.... the 929/954 forks have the calipers rigidly mounted to the fork lower (whereas the RC51 uses the aluminum bracket in between). The upper "gullwing" triple clamp is from a 929 or 954. Front wheel seems to be a five-spoke, which would make it an SP2 wheel (SP1 had six)....

1971allchaos 07-06-2011 12:54 PM

I concur, with Mikstr. on the brake caliper brackets and the front wheel being(SP2).. Yet those bracket aren't factory(IMO) ... I would measure those rotors.. You may have got a bike with the 330mm rotors on it ... What a nice conversion.. Like it would not stop fast enough without those..Ha Ha....

8541Hawk 07-06-2011 03:56 PM

Would need a better pic of the adjusters on the top of the fork to be 100% certain but yes they do look like SP2 forks.

The brake brackets and rotors are stock RC51 parts. ;)

8541Hawk 07-06-2011 03:59 PM

Also with the triples you are running, with the forks as low as they can go you are at approximately the same geometry as the stock set up with the forks raised 10mm the the triple. ;)