SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   need some measurements (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/need-some-measurements-31805/)

jscobey 03-26-2014 09:36 PM

need some measurements

wondering if everyone who has a caliper or wants to take off there exhaust to help me out....

im looking for diameters of midpipes. a few measurements that i need

1. the outside diameter of the midpipes where they enter the muffler,

2. the outside diameter where the midpipe connects to the rest of the exhaust

3. the outside diameter of the part of the exhaust that connects to the midpipe.

5. how the pipes all connect (pipe clamps, bolt together)

4. the type (low mount/ high mount/ model) and brand/company of exhaust you have

These measurements would really help me out as im looking for midpipes to replace the ones on my hindle exhaust. ive never even seen Hindles on a VTR but i wanna know if theres any midpipes from another company that will work. thanks!

scottiemann 03-26-2014 09:45 PM

other manufacturers midpipes should work but the length and how they mount to the cans could give you issues... if I can find my caliper tomorrow ill take some measurements

jscobey 03-26-2014 11:00 PM

yea im only looking for mid mount (my avatar or sig pic) or high mount midpipes really, but im wondering if maybe a low mount systems pipes could be made to work as mid mounts.

my other alternative is having some custom midpipes made up. but im sure thats far more expensive then finding a set of used midpipes. im thinking of contacting jardine to see if their high mount midpipes could work and if they sell them without the mufflers

rick 03-26-2014 11:30 PM

If for stock exhaust midpipe , I can get the measurements tomorrow. I have them off from the parts bike and I have a caliper.

jscobey 03-27-2014 11:12 PM

my current setup requires a 2 inch pipe where it enter the muffler, and an inch and 3/4 pipe where it connects to the rest of the exhaust.

anyone know of any other mid pipes that are the same size?

CrickiKaze 03-28-2014 07:00 PM

I just pulled the exhaust completely off earlier, I don't know if it's a full yosh system though but I will possible get you your info. Do you consider the mid-pipe that is between the cylinders before it "Ys" out to the mufflers?

jscobey 03-28-2014 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by CrickiKaze (Post 370466)
I just pulled the exhaust completely off earlier, I don't know if it's a full yosh system though but I will possible get you your info. Do you consider the mid-pipe that is between the cylinders before it "Ys" out to the mufflers?

the mid pipe is the small section of pipe that comes out of your muffler and then attaches to the rest of the exhaust. they are probably about 12 inches long and will be different shapes on each side