Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Carb Sync Vacuum Nipple

Old 10-05-2017, 08:32 PM
Squid

SaucyDinosaur is on a distinguished road
Carb Sync Vacuum Nipple

Was looking at doing my first carb sync this weekend on the bike. I'm just using the 2 diy bottle set up with some rubber hose. The only thing I missed is the vacuum nipple that goes on the front cylinder. Found this part in another thread: 16214-MB0-000. however like I said I'm looking to do the sync this weekend. Anyone know either another way of hooking up the hose to the vacuum port or any sort of generic nipple that I'd be able to pick up at a store to get this done?

Thanks a bunch
Old 10-06-2017, 06:39 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SaucyDinosaur
Was looking at doing my first carb sync this weekend on the bike. I'm just using the 2 diy bottle set up with some rubber hose. The only thing I missed is the vacuum nipple that goes on the front cylinder. Found this part in another thread: 16214-MB0-000. however like I said I'm looking to do the sync this weekend. Anyone know either another way of hooking up the hose to the vacuum port or any sort of generic nipple that I'd be able to pick up at a store to get this done?

Thanks a bunch

Its a simple M5x .8 straight thread so, you could drill a hole thought a M5x.80 thread screw run a nut and washer part way up, use some Teflon tape to seal it temporally for sycn

But I tell ya, getting the blanking plug out and the vacuum joint in is a pain in the *** unless you strip off body, tank and carbs....I would not do it twice...
for the price of shipping and a cup O Joe I'll send you one USPS, but doubt it will be there by this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails Carb Sync Vacuum Nipple-vac-joint.jpg  
Old 10-06-2017, 06:42 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

Many carb scyn sets come with screw in adapters perhaps find a set at a moto shop for sale?
Old 10-06-2017, 06:43 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

You can get um on amazon
Amazon Amazon
With prime shipping I could have those tomorrow if I ordered now...
NOTE: those are not for permanent install, you will end up with a vac leak if you do.
You need a nipple with a shoulder and a copper or aluminum sealing washer
Old 10-06-2017, 06:48 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

Ahh Ha, Amazon wins again....
Amazon Amazon
There is your permanent install vac adapter but shows even with prime shipping not until monday
Old 10-06-2017, 10:39 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by E.Marquez

Its a simple M5x .8 straight thread so, you could drill a hole thought a M5x.80 thread screw run a nut and washer part way up, use some Teflon tape to seal it temporally for sycn

But I tell ya, getting the blanking plug out and the vacuum joint in is a pain in the *** unless you strip off body, tank and carbs....I would not do it twice...
for the price of shipping and a cup O Joe I'll send you one USPS, but doubt it will be there by this weekend.
Definitely like the idea of drilling out a screw. Went ahead and did that with a drill press I got at work. A few broken bits later and I was successful with my ghetto vacuum nipple .Now I'm able to get that done tonight. Also already got the carbs out haha, have had to take em out about a dozen times now and have gotten pretty quick at it. Thanks for the idea and the offer
Attached Thumbnails Carb Sync Vacuum Nipple-1006171337-1.jpg  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:40 AM
Squid

Originally Posted by E.Marquez
Ahh Ha, Amazon wins again.... https://www.amazon.com/Motion-Carb-V.../dp/B0012TTA5E
There is your permanent install vac adapter but shows even with prime shipping not until monday
Definitely gunna get one of these, says I can get it for Sunday. Thanks