SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   More bluetooth (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/more-bluetooth-31001/)

smokinjoe73 08-24-2013 08:49 PM

More bluetooth

So not satisfied with using my phone for music, I ordered a motorola bluetooth adapter for my ipod
Genuine Motorola D650 Bluetooth Strereo A2DP Adapter FOR Apple Ipod | eBay

It allows my Chinese helmet bluetooth to recieve music right from my nano. Very awesome. I have way more music and playlists on the pods.

eersfanpilot 08-25-2013 12:47 PM

I'm using the Uclear HBC100. It installed fairly easy into my Icon Hooligan helmet with little modification. I use it mainly for music and taking calls. The bass is weak, as is the antenna reception. I need to have my phone on my upper body for best results.

Other than those two things. Calls are nice and loud as is music at highway speeds. The integrated mic picks up my voice nicely and when using the phone for calls while riding the other caller says they can hear me fine. Actually my wife didn't even know I was riding the first time she called and I used it.

smokinjoe73 08-25-2013 06:30 PM

I would not talk on the phone while doning something like riding. I get mad when I see cagers texting, phoning and reading. I will use that brainpower to get me to my destination safely.

CruxGNZ 08-25-2013 07:30 PM

Some people can rub thier belly and pat thier head at the same time. Some can't.

And some people just shouldn't :D

smokinjoe73 08-25-2013 09:14 PM

Yeah, except rubbing your head rarely results in a fatality or spinal injury, which is what your are risking by deviding attention on a motorcycle.

I promise, all those cagers injured or dead thought for sure they were the ones who could multitask too. And they have airbags & seatbelts. We have only our own awareness.

CruxGNZ 08-25-2013 09:57 PM

Thats why I said, "some people just shouldn't". Perhaps you missed the smiley face? Don't take things so seriously.

Honestly, I feel the same as you about the "cagers". Just voicing my opinion here won't make a lick of difference out on the road.

smokinjoe73 08-26-2013 08:08 AM

Yeah, I tend to take riding kinda seriously. Not trying to be abrasive at all. Just have enough experience to call a spade a spade. I even have run-ins with texting deliver scooter riders.

If you rode around with me in my environment for a week, you may understand. I try not to be but am the product of 25yrs and 275k all weather miles. No athiests in foxholes as they say.

If you chose to chat with your BFF, just know you are needlessly jacking up your risk level whether you know it or not. Be safe, carry on.

FTL900 08-26-2013 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 361525)
I promise, all those cagers injured or dead thought for sure they were the ones who could multitask too.

Uh, I'm pretty sure at least a few of them thought they could drink and were still okay to drive, and probably weren't multi-tasking at all... and crashed anyway.

Just sayin.

CruxGNZ 08-26-2013 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 361537)
If you rode around with me in my environment for a week, you may understand

Hell no! Haha I don't even like driving in Milwaukee. There is no way I could survive New York. I give you credit there man.

smokinjoe73 08-26-2013 01:30 PM

No, texting easily trumps drunk driving for crashes. I have worked night shifts in the City my whole life and give me the club crowd at 4am over the daytime texters any day.

EVERYONE know driving drunk is dicey so many will concentrate. Not so with texting.