SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Markus, what do u think of these? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/markus-what-do-u-think-these-29980/)

skokievtr 03-14-2013 11:04 AM

Markus, what do u think of these?

I know they're pricy but they're Merican' made!

Batteries and other Electronics / Ignition | Brock's Main Store

Tweety 03-15-2013 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by skokievtr (Post 350783)
I know they're pricy but they're Merican' made!

Batteries and other Electronics / Ignition | Brock's Main Store

Well... Apart from the fact that they are using fuzzy marketing, and overcharge you for it? Well... They are fine... ;)

IF they are using A123 cells in there, the smaller battery is 2.3 Ah, not 2.5 Ah and the error continues up the scale.. 2300 mA per cell means 2.3 Ah, except in marketing...

120 Ah burst rate on the cells, also means 120 Ah cranking... And they state 125A... Again, it's either "genuine A123 cells" like they state, and then they should shoot the marketing guy, or it's crappy knock-off's and then they should shoot themselves the lot of them...

Nickel interconnects... Yeah, becuase nickel plated interconnects conduct about 20% less than pure copper or brass, so that makes sense... Really, it does... :rolleyes:

Stainless hardware... Um... Yeah Ok... Nickel plated conducts less than pure, soooo... Yeah, it makes sense to use stainless, it actually conducts less than nickel plated... Yeeesh, guys, get a clue...

You make nice sealed box, which cost a pretty penny, to stick a bunch of excellent cells into, giving them 10 times the weather protection that I get with a piece of shrink-wrap, and then you go select the nice shiny bits that no-one will see, and stick them in there, where they will never ever tarnish... And I one the other hand use pure materials, that will tarnish, on the parts not connected... But conduct a lot more, giving better performance... And since the tarnish is inconsequencial to the performance... Well... I'll shut up now...

Sorry... I set out being positive, but after reading half the tech-spec, I wanted to pummel someone... It might be US made, but I wouldn't use that line, as it's not showing the US in the right light... Dumbass made, is a better line...

They had all the components for a great product... Then they went for the shiny bits, padding the spec list with nice words... But they didn't think about what it means in real world performance... Makes me angry... That's what it does...

HRCA#1 03-15-2013 04:02 PM

Tweety you may be a cranky bastard, but you're my kind of cranky bastard..thanks for the rest of us that don't know squat about this technology.

skokievtr 03-15-2013 04:12 PM

Geez Markus

A simple "they're idiots" wudabeen enuf

Pricy means I'd never buy em

Tho haf dfun is fiixin sumewun elses miztakes

Improvin stuff is wut makesus tic

But being Merican these days should mean sumpin n it oftin don't

Originally Posted by Tweety (Post 350850)
Well... Apart from the fact that they are using fuzzy marketing, and overcharge you for it? Well... They are fine... ;)

IF they are using A123 cells in there, the smaller battery is 2.3 Ah, not 2.5 Ah and the error continues up the scale.. 2300 mA per cell means 2.3 Ah, except in marketing...

120 Ah burst rate on the cells, also means 120 Ah cranking... And they state 125A... Again, it's either "genuine A123 cells" like they state, and then they should shoot the marketing guy, or it's crappy knock-off's and then they should shoot themselves the lot of them...

Nickel interconnects... Yeah, becuase nickel plated interconnects conduct about 20% less than pure copper or brass, so that makes sense... Really, it does... :rolleyes:

Stainless hardware... Um... Yeah Ok... Nickel plated conducts less than pure, soooo... Yeah, it makes sense to use stainless, it actually conducts less than nickel plated... Yeeesh, guys, get a clue...

You make nice sealed box, which cost a pretty penny, to stick a bunch of excellent cells into, giving them 10 times the weather protection that I get with a piece of shrink-wrap, and then you go select the nice shiny bits that no-one will see, and stick them in there, where they will never ever tarnish... And I one the other hand use pure materials, that will tarnish, on the parts not connected... But conduct a lot more, giving better performance... And since the tarnish is inconsequencial to the performance... Well... I'll shut up now...

Sorry... I set out being positive, but after reading half the tech-spec, I wanted to pummel someone... It might be US made, but I wouldn't use that line, as it's not showing the US in the right light... Dumbass made, is a better line...

They had all the components for a great product... Then they went for the shiny bits, padding the spec list with nice words... But they didn't think about what it means in real world performance... Makes me angry... That's what it does...

NHSH 03-15-2013 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by HRCA#1 (Post 350868)
Tweety you may be a cranky bastard, but you're my kind of cranky bastard..thanks for the rest of us that don't know squat about this technology.

+1 can't say it any better :thumbsup:

Tweety 03-16-2013 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by skokievtr (Post 350870)
Geez Markus

A simple "they're idiots" wudabeen enuf

Pricy means I'd never buy em

Tho haf dfun is fiixin sumewun elses miztakes

Improvin stuff is wut makesus tic

But being Merican these days should mean sumpin n it oftin don't

Sorry my friend... I got a little carried away, as the list of materials clearly showed they where clueless about the actual physics, which pissed me off... ;)

Yeah, "American Made" used to mean something... So did "Made in Sweden"... But now a days, half the time it means someone bought some piece of crap Chinese made thing and put a sticker on it, and half the time, it's junk made in Sweden... But then, now and again I'm pleasantly surprised to find a gem, both in Sweden and in the US... So I keep looking... Jamie Daugherty's packs are such a gem... ;)