SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   high Rev, low power (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/high-rev-low-power-33039/)

ranchomice 04-01-2015 05:48 PM

high Rev, low power

Hey y'all, man it's been a long time! I hope everyone is good. I'm stopping in because there is a plethora of knowledge here, and mostly to say hi! So my bike is doing this thing again where it just revs, but doesn't have normal power. When it's done it before, I've "flicked" the throttle, I'll get a caugh out of it (eventually) and it clears it up. Like it's a carb/fuel issue. Specifically, y'all know a superhawk running correctly, will stand up in first gear just with a throttle roll on about 4k rpm. Yeah, mine only does it sometimes. More times lately, it'll just make a lot of noise and not pick up the front tire. Has anybody ever experienced this due to anything other than a carb issue?

8541Hawk 04-01-2015 07:18 PM

Did the bike sit for any length of time?

thedeatons 04-01-2015 08:30 PM

I used to work in Rancho Cordova at Teledyne MEC :)

James

ranchomice 04-01-2015 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by 8541Hawk (Post 384318)
Did the bike sit for any length of time?

Mike? Holy cow long time, you're still here! You know, the longest it sat was probably 2 months at any one time. But I was only riding it once, at any time for quite a while. I had the regulator issue and went back to stock, so I wondered if it could be an electrical issue. I think it's just carbs...again! Sea foam? I've heard it mentioned. How the heck are you? Still down south?

ranchomice 04-01-2015 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by thedeatons (Post 384322)
I used to work in Rancho Cordova at Teledyne MEC :)

James

James, didn't we take a ride once? I think I saw your bike parked for several days. Is it still yours?

8541Hawk 04-01-2015 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by ranchomice (Post 384327)
Mike? Holy cow long time, you're still here! You know, the longest it sat was probably 2 months at any one time. But I was only riding it once, at any time for quite a while. I had the regulator issue and went back to stock, so I wondered if it could be an electrical issue. I think it's just carbs...again! Sea foam? I've heard it mentioned. How the heck are you? Still down south?

I show up now and then just to see what is going on. I'm still in SoCal and have an interesting last couple of years...but that is another story.

Yeah I would try some SeaFoam and a tank of premium and see if that clears things up before you tear anything down ;)

ranchomice 04-04-2015 12:54 PM

So, how much seafoam do I run for a full tank?

thedeatons 04-04-2015 01:08 PM

No, when i was in Rancho Cordova i owned an Aprilia RS50, punched out to 72cc...

James

8541Hawk 04-04-2015 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by ranchomice (Post 384411)
So, how much seafoam do I run for a full tank?

a couple of ozs