SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Help... Central Wisconsin or Chicago (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/help-central-wisconsin-chicago-26107/)

autoteach 07-24-2011 01:27 PM

I will be at RB all day.

skokievtr 07-24-2011 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by autoteach (Post 309744)
I will be at RB all day.

Bill, Though there's interesting stuff @ RB I can't hang there all day. It's usually too hot and I need to ride after seeing all the nice wheels...

autoteach 07-24-2011 08:39 PM

I will be there all day out of requirement. I will haul down a cooler full of water and various other drinks. Stop by for one.

skokievtr 07-25-2011 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by autoteach (Post 309767)
I will be there all day out of requirement. I will haul down a cooler full of water and various other drinks. Stop by for one.

Where will U be?

autoteach 07-25-2011 04:33 PM

Look for retrospeed t shirts.

Kendrick 07-29-2011 09:12 PM

The air/boat show on the lakefront is going on at the same time, so I'll be wandering between the two. And yeah I'll look for a Bill at the Retrospeed booth!

Oh and if you don't know Tim from The Shop, the unoffical MC of the day, He own's The Shop in Bayview. It sounds like they have the same mission statement as Retrospeed.

autoteach 07-29-2011 09:34 PM

I am trying to convince my boss to get the booth. He was going to do the swap meet but after RA swap meet, he doesnt want to sit at the table all day. I told him that I would do it so we will see.

Kendrick 07-29-2011 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by autoteach (Post 310119)
I am trying to convince my boss to get the booth. He was going to do the swap meet but after RA swap meet, he doesnt want to sit at the table all day. I told him that I would do it so we will see.

Fair enough, I'll just anyone in a retrospeed shirt if their name's Bill. I'm sure I'll run into sooner or later:).

autoteach 07-29-2011 10:32 PM

I will be around, and I will make sure that I have a cooler with lots of drinks!

autoteach 08-04-2011 09:56 PM

You all better send me a PM for your choice of fluid. I will definitely have bottled water, gatorade, and _______. Pick your poison.

skokievtr 08-04-2011 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by autoteach (Post 310732)
You all better send me a PM for your choice of fluid. I will definitely have bottled water, gatorade, and _______. Pick your poison.

Klingon bloodwine...though I'm Vulcan I developed a taste for it during my stint on a D-9 class battle cruiser during the Romulan Wars.

Hopefully C U Saturday...

autoteach 08-04-2011 10:13 PM

And, no. anything else?

Kendrick 08-05-2011 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by autoteach (Post 310734)
And, no. anything else?

Nah, don't worry about it. There are plenty of beverages on Center Street. I'll be the guy wandering around asking people if they own a Superhawk...

skokievtr 08-06-2011 07:47 PM

at the iron now

Originally Posted by autoteach (Post 310734)
And, no. anything else?

i'll buy u a drink if u get here soon!
my vtr is parked & I'm next to the bar

autoteach 08-06-2011 10:32 PM

I didnt see any of you folks. I was camped out by the BUILD bikes with by blue and white cooler loaded with water, gatorade, and beer. Too bad. And had I know you were going to be at IHH, i would have went there rather than Brat days.

skokievtr 08-06-2011 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by autoteach (Post 310895)
I didnt see any of you folks. I was camped out by the BUILD bikes with by blue and white cooler loaded with water, gatorade, and beer. Too bad. And had I know you were going to be at IHH, i would have went there rather than Brat days.

When I went out to warm up the VTR & do a quick oil & filter change b4 heading up to RB after lunch & it wouldn't start. It had been acting up recently & I thought it was maybe a bad fuse, starter relay, solenoid or even the starter itself but luckily (I think) it was not. Traced into down to the side stand switch. Did the tests & it read no continuity between g/w & y/b but so did my spare. It was weird how it would be good down but not retracted in the "sweep range". So I cleaned it & applied fresh dielectric grease and then it worked OK. Just weird.

Anyway, so by then it was 4 so I relaxed, had dinner & headed up 41/94 to Ryan Rd east to the street that hugs as close as possible to the Lake. Ended up at IHH and while there were a bunch bikes nobody was outside. Posted up to U, had some cigars, a Sprecher RB (for $5!) and slabbed home. Really nice ride overall but it was just thick though I'll take it.

Supposed to rain after noon Sunday so I may pop out if I can get up for a ride & be back b4 the rain & get a report done.

If I'd had your cell I would of called or texted U.

PM with your #.

Kendrick 08-07-2011 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by autoteach (Post 310895)

Yeah, I saw four Superhawks by the end of the day, but no retrospeed tshirts. Not surprising since I have never seen RB that crowded. That was a zoo. But later I went down to the jazz festival and then Brady Street.

autoteach 08-07-2011 12:24 PM

We have an impromptu ride going here. I am leaving in 10 minutes for Mars cheese at 142/94 to meet up with skokie.
Bill