SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Head light replacement (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/head-light-replacement-7842/)

Randman 12-07-2005 02:23 PM

Head light replacement

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, There has got to be an easier way to replace the bulbs in the SH, or I am just to stupid to figure it out....Anyone who has done this without taking the entire front off, please share the knowledge.....Dang she is purrrdy

marmaladedad 12-07-2005 03:13 PM

Reach from the clutch side of your bike. Unplug the wiring harness (it should pull off easy). Remove the dust boot. There will be a twisted metal-hangar that you need to squeeze together, and then slide out (like opening a door). The headlight bulb should be easy to remove after that. Installation is just the reverse.

I took my whole fairing off the first time.

Randman 12-07-2005 03:46 PM

Re: Head light replacement

Thanks, I'll give it a try tonight.....to cold out to do anything else, thought I would install a Xenon bulb, like I don't know when I'll get to use it again, but hey----why not....

CNI Dawg 12-07-2005 04:25 PM

Hey cliffhangerstx, that's a good lookin S'hawk !

How much snow do you have up there?
Streets are getting white & slick in Dallas !

Randman 12-07-2005 05:34 PM

Not so much snow, as sleet, and ice....Not a pretty site at all...people slippin and slidin all over the place....not me, I will stay in doors where it is warm and cozy....except when I am in the garage playin with my new girl :twisted: ...the wife is a little jelous.....she'll get over it...lol.....

I put in the bulb, can't tell much of a difference in the garage.....I also added some carbon fiber looking levers---wow they look great....the bar ends should be in soon....I'll take more pics then....

Stay warm and safe in Dallas, and for God Sake, stay inside....... :lol:

marmaladedad 12-07-2005 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by cliffhangerstx";p=&quot (Post 13334)
I put in the bulb, can't tell much of a difference in the garage.....I also added some carbon fiber looking levers---wow they look great....the bar ends should be in soon....I'll take more pics then....

The best mods are the ones you can directly feel/hear. :)

superbling 12-08-2005 07:39 AM

Obviously you got r' done without removing the fairing but I bite the bullet and remove it. With the fairing on, I can do everything but get the damn clip back on. I get so frustated that removing the fairing in the first place is much more pleasant! :-)

I don't actually remove it. Rather I remove all the fasteners and disconnect the headlight but can still keep the turnsignals attached. I place a towel on the front fender and let the fairing rest on it while I hold on to it with one hand and/or use my body/knees to keep it balanced while I replace the bulb. Sounds complicated but it's not.

Also, I use a power screwdriver with a 5mm bit (very highly recommended) on the fairing screws so it takes mere seconds to remove them. Being able to remove the entire fairing in one piece is awesome and something you don't really appreciate until you work on other full faired bikes.

I've got a 55/80w white I'll be putting in soon.

marmaladedad 12-08-2005 08:38 AM

True! But I always cring everytime I have to pull the fairings just a bit wide to clear the rads. :O

Randman 12-08-2005 07:26 PM

You said it, getting that damn clip back on was a pain, but once you see how it fits it is no problem, I used a few slangs getting it back together...Next time will be a breeze.... 8)

superhawk22 12-09-2005 07:10 AM

Let's see if I remember correctly it goes something like this. "O.K. I got it, I got it," ding, bling, bounce. "You son of a BEACH!!!" "O.k. man it's tight, there it goes, come on, come on, SHI*, MOTHER F'N, C^&T LICK!!!!!" This goes on for about half an hour then take your drug of choice. Try again; "YOU POS SOB FU!!!!!" :lol: :lol:

Loco 12-09-2005 08:33 AM

Actually, I was just randomly fumbling around with my clip after I replaced my headlight bulb, and it clicked into position after about 30 seconds. The strangest part is that if you do it in under 60 seconds, your superhawk will start glowing and angelic music will play.

CNI Dawg 12-09-2005 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Loco";p=&quot (Post 13401)
..... your superhawk will start glowing and angelic music will play.

LOL .....I love the way the SH does that sometimes :D :D
I think I'm in love :D

Randman 12-09-2005 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Loco";p=&quot (Post 13401)
Actually, I was just randomly fumbling around with my clip after I replaced my headlight bulb, and it clicked into position after about 30 seconds. The strangest part is that if you do it in under 60 seconds, your superhawk will start glowing and angelic music will play.

Well the clip went into place at exactly, 39 sh_ts, 12 FU's, and 18 SOB's, that should put it at under 60 sec, yet I did not hear any music, and not a bit of glowing.....Then I cranked her up, you know cause it was there.....and the rumble made it all worth while.....ah....the hawk song...