SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Gauge choice (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/gauge-choice-33403/)

Rebirth98 07-31-2015 05:02 PM

Gauge choice

I've searched up and down and gotten a few answers so I'm looking for users reviews or insight guidance. Basically I want a nicely small installed gauge for my street fighter look hawk. Worried about fuel indicator and water temps.

Basically looking for someone to make up my mind for me because I can't hah

Wolverine 07-31-2015 05:05 PM

Lol! I've seen some nice units over the years but I'm not to sure those guys are active on the forum lately to chime in and tell ya what was used.

scottiemann 07-31-2015 06:59 PM

I dont use fuel gauges, when I'm emotionally ready I'll go to the gas station...

scottiemann 07-31-2015 11:37 PM

On another note I'll be installing a chinese knockoff of a koso gauge on my build, cost me $65 shipped off ebay... I will be doing the electrical in the near future so keep up to date with the thread

thedeatons 08-01-2015 05:59 AM

I've read good things about Koso. Veypors tend to have varied results.

I've used bicycle computers (speedos) in the past and they are tiny and work great. You can track fuel using mileage, just fill up at every 100 miles.

You can get LED temp sensors and battery sensors and mount them elsewhere.

James

NZSpokes 08-01-2015 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by thedeatons (Post 389018)

I've used bicycle computers (speedos) in the past and they are tiny and work great. You can track fuel using mileage, just fill up at every 100 miles.

James

Bicycle ones only read up to 199kph. They go a bit wonky after that.

thedeatons 08-01-2015 01:55 PM

It depends on the bike computer. Road bike computers read higher than mt bike computers.

I had a Cateye Enduro 2 ($15) mounted to my dual sport years ago and it wouldn't read over 65mph, but i didnt't go faster than 65 on the freeway with that bike, so it worked fine for me.

Just depends on the type of riding you do, and the bike you do it with.

James

scottiemann 08-02-2015 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by thedeatons (Post 389018)

James

Yea I'm usually emotionally ready at about 100 miles...

lol

thedeatons 08-02-2015 06:29 AM

Lol

Rebirth98 08-11-2015 09:46 AM

well i made up my mind by buying an 05 r1 so now the hawk is going to be my in town wall shaker. I am going to use a vapor most likely due to size and just keep track of 100 miles or less. wont be many long trips on her anymore.

Thanks guys