SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Gas Light Trouble (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/gas-light-trouble-7701/)

mks8882 10-17-2005 12:03 PM

Gas Light Trouble

Today I was on my way home for lunch when I ran out of gas, but the gas light never came on even after it was out of gas. :evil: I normally go by my Trip to know how far I have left on the tank but I completely missed it this time. I've noticed before that the gas light will come on then after I turn the bike off and get on it the next time the light will be off for 7 or 8 miles then come on again. Anyone else have similar problems? Thanks in advance!

AZZKIKER 10-17-2005 12:08 PM

on my bike, if the gas light comes on and I turn the bike off and then start it again, it will take a bout a minute for the light to come back on.

mks8882 10-17-2005 12:30 PM

Re: Gas Light Trouble

Mine never came on today, I drove about 8 miles to work, then about 5 back and it ran out.

AZZKIKER 10-17-2005 01:27 PM

I don't rely on the gas light a whole lot. Everytime I fill her up, I reset the trip meter and once it hits a 100 miles I take her straight to the gas station as I know the light is gonna come on anytime.

mks8882 10-17-2005 03:34 PM

yeah thats what i usually do too, but this time I forgot. I just want to get it working right so I'll have it to remind me next time.

swordfish 10-17-2005 08:38 PM

maybe you know about this but its worth a shot. make sure that the plugin for the gas light is plugged in. if you've taken the tank off, you might have forgotten to reattach that. I did this myself, and couldn't figure out why the light didn't come on.

mks8882 10-18-2005 05:20 AM

Thanks, I'll check that. It was working after the last time I removed the tank but maybe the wire came loose.

NOrrTH 10-18-2005 03:25 PM

Mine's never worked. The sensor's usually go on these.

inderocker 10-19-2005 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by swordfish";p=&quot (Post 11799)
maybe you know about this but its worth a shot. make sure that the plugin for the gas light is plugged in. if you've taken the tank off, you might have forgotten to reattach that. I did this myself, and couldn't figure out why the light didn't come on.

thats what happened to me after i installed my new subframe. i know i reconnected it but it must of come undone. ofcourse i had to disconnect the battery when i removed the subframe... which reset the trip meter.... so yeah.. long story short, i was stranded

mks8882 10-19-2005 07:24 AM

I'll try to see if the wire has came off this weekend. I think I would rather have a reserve that you can turn on manually. I guess the only downside to them is you could start running out in a curve or something and have to reach down and turn it on.