SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Technical Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/)
-   -   Fuel level display problem (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/technical-discussion-28/fuel-level-display-problem-31226/)

Markt2143 10-08-2013 11:23 AM

Fuel level display problem

Hi I've up graded my instrument cluster to the later digital version and I've replaced the fuel sender and temp sender with the parts from the same later model bike but know my fuel level gauge will only read full , I have adjusted the fuel level sender float arm to not touch any thing in the tank so the sender will move up and down freely but I still get the same reading of full ,can any body please help everything else works fine with the new instrument cluster apart from the clock which I cannot seem to be able to adjust .

Burggy92 09-26-2015 01:30 AM

Upgrading clusters??

I have a 98 superhawk and I have joined a club and started riding quite often, and no gas guage is really becoming frustrating. I was considering looking into changing to the newer digital. If I can find one. Did you get your kinks worked out? Cuz a gas light is better than a stuck full tank. But finding one in good condition is going to be the hard part. Superhawks are very rare around my area. Have only ever seen one other one which is identical to mine and in the same club. Any info on doing it or where to find one would be great. Thanks

Jack Flash 09-26-2015 05:22 PM

The OP posted his question close to 2 years ago now.

There is more than just swapping clusters. Temp, fuel sender unit, wiring harness need to be replaced with later model. '01 +. Also a few mods easy mods need to be added.

If you do a search, you should find this information. I also believe a few people are looking into a gauge upgrade these last few weeks. You may want to search into those threads also.

If your motorcycle is well tuned, you should get more or less the same millage before the RLOD lights. So, put your trip at 0 after every fill up,
and this will relieve some of the stress.

Big_Jim59 09-26-2015 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jack Flash (Post 390876)
The OP posted his question close to 2 years ago now.

There is more than just swapping clusters. Temp, fuel sender unit, wiring harness need to be replaced with later model. '01 +. Also a few mods easy mods need to be added.

If you do a search, you should find this information. I also believe a few people are looking into a gauge upgrade these last few weeks. You may want to search into those threads also.

If your motorcycle is well tuned, you should get more or less the same millage before the RLOD lights. So, put your trip at 0 after every fill up,
and this will relieve some of the stress.

I rely on the trip mileage since my gauge is so iffy. I can fill my tank to the very top and within sight of the station the top bar will drop off.